The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

For some reason it does not seem so far fetched that the Duchess and Ozzy and Sharon got along. For all we know she could be listining to the Prince of Darkness everytime she takes a drive. That would be a site. Here is some other news. The Prince and Duchesses first joint royal patronage.

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/View...icleID=1218300

Old 10-12-2005, 11:23 AM

Re:

Charles and Camilla have a brilliant sense of humour and so I can really see them getting along with Ozzy and Sharon. I wonder if they vote on the X-Factor?

Old 10-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Thanks Princejohnny. What type of plays does the theatre put on? I'm planning a trip to the UK and I love to check out new theatres.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
To remark on an earlier post someone made...even though I know it is admanently denied, I would not be surprised if the Royal Family did in fact own property in the U.S. privately.
There is no reason for the royal family to own property in the U.S. While it's true Princess Margaret built a home in Mustique, it was sold by Viscount Linley before she died.

The Duke of Windsor owned a ranch in Alberta, Canada, which he purchased in the 1920's as Prince of Wales and sold in the late 50's. The only personal property I've heard the Queen acquires in the U.S. is Kentucky racehorses!
Old 10-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
There is no reason for the royal family to own property in the U.S. While it's true Princess Margaret built a home in Mustique, it was sold by Viscount Linley before she died.

The Duke of Windsor owned a ranch in Alberta, Canada, which he purchased in the 1920's as Prince of Wales and sold in the late 50's. The only personal property I've heard the Queen acquires in the U.S. is Kentucky racehorses!
Why not? They have the right to use their own personal money to purchase property wherever they want to.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Charles and Camilla have a brilliant sense of humour and so I can really see them getting along with Ozzy and Sharon. I wonder if they vote on the X-Factor?
OK, dumb question. What's the X-factor?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:49 PM

Re:

Basically, they take members of the public who want to be singers and judge them - whoever wins is supposed to get a record deal.

Much like Pop Idol but Sharon Osbourne is a judge.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Thanks BeatrixFan. I'm so behind the times when it comes to TV.

I did come across this photo of Charles and Camilla out in July. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/06102005/32...e-charles.html

I liked her outfit - the light pinky beige looked good for her complexion Nice new haircut too.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pink is Camillas best color. I wish she would grow her bangs out and were her hair in some soft curls.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have found a quote that Camilla said to Sharon at the Golden Jubilee Concort when Ozzy said to her "Your ****ing great!" Camilla told Sharon that "Oh, it's quite all right, we curse quite a lot around here."
Old 10-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
I have found a quote that Camilla said to Sharon at the Golden Jubilee Concort when Ozzy said to her "You're ****ing great" Camilla told sharon that "Oh, it's quite all right, we curse quite a lot around here."
oh no! is that really true. how awful! I hope she didnt say that.

I(and loads of people I know) don't use language like that (99% of the time ) and is it too much to expect her to do the same???
Old 10-12-2005, 04:31 PM

Re:

The British have begun to swear alot. It's not hard to find school children as young as 13/14 swearing like troopers. Blame rap-music.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I don't like the f-word but admit to using the s-word quite a lot.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
well, that isn't bad...acceptable if you ask me.
Then why are so many complaining about the royal family's wasting tax payers money?
Because many people don't really understand exactly how cheap the RF really is.

When the cost of the family was published earlier this year - 61pence per British person per year for the Queen and the Duke and 4pence per British person per year many people simply chose not to believe the figure was that low or didn't register that it could be that low.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:50 PM

Re:

Without getting into mass political debate, this Government are spending a fortune on ridiculous things and 61p for the Monarchy is possibly one of the few good and worthwhile things they are spending our money on!
Old 10-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Pink is Camillas best color. I wish she would grow her bangs out and were her hair in some soft curls.
Actually I think the hairstyle in that picture is pretty flattering. Its more under control and the color looks even. Its a good look for her.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Most of the men in the family were in the military so they probably swear. They live stressfull lives so they probably swear. I thought it was really funny. They are normal people.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Nobility

At the end of the day however, in a democracy, the working person is entitled to say where their 61p in tax should go and they are entitled to object, if they chose to do so, to their money supporting an institution they have no say in the running of ie the Monarchy.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
At the end of the day however, in a democracy, the working person is entitled to say where their 61p in tax should go and they are entitled to object, if they chose to do so, to their money supporting an institution they have no say in the running of ie the Monarchy.
Yes, they can james, but its interesting people only complain when its Andrew or Charles. Makes the complaints a little less valid, don't you think?
Old 10-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Why not? They have the right to use their own personal money to purchase property wherever they want to.
Of course. I'm just pointing out there is no particular reason for them to have property in the U.S. because they don't live or vacation here.

The Queen has made private visits to Kentucky to visit with the Farishes and other horse-breeding families because that's her biggest personal interest. She certainly has stayed with them as guests and also purchased horses. That's about it.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales