The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I think they were talking about taking a scheduled flight back in July when the trip was first planned, but now they're chartering a flight. As you and iowabelle say, it makes more sense to charter.

Old 10-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

We have news Yeah!!!!!!!

Charles heralds unsung heros.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...70&in_a_source=

Camillas body gaurd launches race case.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Old 10-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Aristocracy

I was reading online today that Camilla had had both botox injections and cosmetic surgery. This was all allegedly done for her to put her "best face forward" for the US visit.

Does anyone else know anything about this rumour?

Caroline Mathilda
Old 10-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

wow. interesting! I can't wait to see her now. the problem wiht botox is that it wears off again fairly quickly. she'll have to keep getting the injections for awhile so it won't be too obvious-like "wow she looks great" one week to "she looks tired" the next.

personally if i was her i'd just get a facelift. more permanent but I guess that would take too long to heal.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne with daughter Kelly, Sir Cliff Richard, Gordon Ramsay, Sarah Ferguson and Yoko Ono were among other stars at the awards, Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne with daughter Kelly, Sir Cliff Richard, Gordon Ramsay, Sarah Ferguson and Yoko Ono were among other stars at the awards,
I hope that means that Ozzy was just PRESENTING an award, not getting one.

Somehow I just can't imagine Ozzy and Charles in the same room
Old 10-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda
I was reading online today that Camilla had had both botox injections and cosmetic surgery. This was all allegedly done for her to put her "best face forward" for the US visit.

Does anyone else know anything about this rumour?

Caroline Mathilda
I haven't heard anything but its pretty common with people in the public eye. I'm surprised Camilla would do Botox; she doesn't seem like the type.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness

If they are chartering a plane to come here to the USA, who is absorbing the cost?? I don't think it is fair for the taxpayers to pay for all of it. While security is a nightmare situation in this day and age, I think Charles could give a little towards the chartering cost.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think Camilla is that type of person either but you have to make sacrifices and do things outside of your controll in joining the royal family. I see nothing wrong with a little botox. I am totally against face lifts for anyone. They look disgusting and are completely unnatural. Camilla would look awful if she had a face life. At her daughters art gallery opening Camilla did look a lot better than on her wedding day. Camilla ages well anyway. I havent heard of any cosmetic surgery. She may have done something to her teeth but I havent seen a close enought pic to see. It doesnt look like she had cosmetic surgery. Maybe a little lypo from the tummy but that is just a wild guess. I think it is mostly rumours.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I hope that means that Ozzy was just PRESENTING an award, not getting one.

I wish I couldnt imagine it. I think Charles unfortunately doesnt avoid some of the entertainment world's more unsavory characters. I wish he would.

Ultimately I dont think its good for the monarchy to be seen too much with figures from the entertainment world who openly use drugs, sing about promiscuity etc.

If I want to hear that kind of message I'll go out and buy their albums. I prefer royalty to point me to things like service to others and community involvement.

but that's just me...
Old 10-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Chartering a jet is expensive and I dont like it but i dont think it is a lot more expensive than if they went through a lot of trouble with the scheduled flights. I also have a hunch that Charles plans on using scheduled flights for most of his visits but the US is such a high profile country and high risk target that to come to the US it was probably best to charter a flight.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I wish I couldnt imagine it. I think Charles unfortunately doesnt avoid some of the entertainment world's more unsavory characters. I wish he would.

Ultimately I dont think its good for the monarchy to be seen too much with figures from the entertainment world who openly use drugs, sing about promiscuity etc.

If I want to hear that kind of message I'll go out and buy their albums. I prefer royalty to point me to things like service to others and community involvement.

but that's just me...
I agree pollyemma although I was thinking more that conservative Charles would just look embarassed if Ozzy did some crazy antics. I don't think Charles had a choice. The awards themselves look like a noble gesture but the organizers probably thought they needed some names other than royalty to get attention.

Not all of Charles' associations with unsavoury characters are bad. He associated with Bob Geldof in the 80s and that gave the Princes Trust a high profile. Bob is not one of your nicer characters.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Speaking about the Princes Trust.

The next big event will take place on Oct. 17 in Monaco, Prince Albert will be attending. I don't know about Charles and Camilla.

http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/Fash...ks/artists.asp
Old 10-11-2005, 05:42 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Camilla, Ozzy & Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Well, imagine again! After the "Party at the Palace" pop concert in the Buckingham Palace garden to celebrate the Golden Jubilee, the Royal Family hosted a party for the artists. The Daily Mail reported that Ozzy Osbourne and Camilla took quite a shine to each other, with Camilla leading Ozzy around by the hand as they joked together. Sharon Osbourne got in on the act as well, and she related to Michael Parkinson what a great time they had, what a fun person Camilla was, and how Ozzy admired Camilla's décolletage [euphemism!].
Old 10-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
The Daily Mail reported that Ozzy Osbourne and Camilla took quite a shine to each other, with Camilla leading Ozzy around by the hand as they joked together. Sharon Osbourne got in on the act as well, and she related to Michael Parkinson what a great time they had, what a fun person Camilla was, and how Ozzy admired Camilla's décolletage [euphemism!].
Warren, that has got to be a hoot! I guess Charles is becoming less stuffy in his old age. and Camilla can take anything. As long as they don't invite Ozzy to the coronation I'll be fine.

Actually if you visit the Princes Trust site, you'll see that Sharon and Ozzy have contributed quite a bit to the Trust.

The Princes Trust has got to be one of the most successful charity efforts that any of the royals have undertaken and its a shame that Charles gets so little credit for it.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:22 PM

Re:

If they are chartering a plane to come here to the USA, who is absorbing the cost?? I don't think it is fair for the taxpayers to pay for all of it. While security is a nightmare situation in this day and age, I think Charles could give a little towards the chartering cost.

I think its thought by some that by chartering a plane, the cost of the Monarchy will go up and up. In fact, it doesn't. The 61p paid by Tax-Payers covers it all. To be honest, I'd rather pay 61p for the Monarchy than the high prices for other less-welcome institutions etc in Britain.
You can't run a Monarchy on a budget and they don't come in a package-deal. The Press should stop playing the penny-pinching nanny role which is becoming so boring. Prince Charles isn't making a social trip to the USA - he's making a Visit on behalf of the Queen - that's an official trip and thats what they are paid to do.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Royal Highness

Penny Junor pointed out in her book though that the Monarchy is essentially paid for out of the Crown Estates profits and not from the taxpayer directly as some may want the British people to believe. Charles's income is totally derived from the Duchy of Cornwall, is it not?

And as for Prince Andrew and the Earl and Countess of Wessex, their stipends come from the Queen's purse directly, correct?

If I am incorrect, please let me know. Thank you. Since you are from the United Kingdom, BeatrixFan, you would know better than I. :)
Old 10-11-2005, 12:43 PM

Re:

Thank you. Since you are from the United Kingdom, BeatrixFan, you would know better than I.

Oh No! I'm always finding out new things Lady Marmalade! I've read that the big events, like Trooping the Colour, etc - are mainly paid for by the Queen's private income believe it or not because the money given by the tax-payer simply wouldn't stretch to the other areas it was needed in.

The Queen is the only member of the Royal Family to recieve money directly from the tax-payer and then she shares that out amongst her family. I think.

I think that the general sum given by Palace Officials is; the Crown recieves about 60 million but gives back about 140 million - something like that.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Penny Junor pointed out in her book though that the Monarchy is essentially paid for out of the Crown Estates profits and not from the taxpayer directly as some may want the British people to believe. Charles's income is totally derived from the Duchy of Cornwall, is it not?
Charles' income comes from the Duchy of Cornwall and his yearly stipend from the Civil List (only the Civil List is paid directly from the government) I don't know whether these monies will be tapped to pay for the charter though.

The 'cheating the poor taxpayers' argument has always been weak. People only target Charles or Andrew with wasting the taxpayers money even though they're not the only royals to charter flights.

If Charles paid for the charter himself, I imagine the politicians will complain that he is using his own money to ignore the 'will of the people' who want him to scale down and be more 'cost-conscious'
Old 10-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Royal Highness

Ahhh...thank you both BeatrixFan and ysbel. :)

Seems complex in some respects.

I have read that Charles turns quite a yearly profit on his returns from the Duchy's income, more than enough to support the Duchess and his two sons.

But the refurbishment of Clarence House was paid for primarily from the taxpayer, is that correct?
Old 10-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Nobility

cost conscious

I can see that that they want the royals to be cost conscious.But to the detriment of their safety. I do not like flying and from what I have seen of the safety measures and accidents on non chartered planes isn't this a bit foolish. Does anyone really want william on public planes it just seems a bit dangerous to me.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales