The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

oh my goodness...can we please stop speculating about all this??? we'll never know the full truth. and I'm sure that even if all the people involved gave fully honest accounts of their experiences they'd each say different.

Diana is dead. C and C are married. let's move on!

Old 10-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
oh my goodness...can we please stop speculating about all this??? we'll never know the full truth. and I'm sure that even if all the people involved gave fully honest accounts of their experiences they'd each say different.

Diana is dead. C and C are married. let's move on!
Totaly agree with you!

Old 10-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
oh my goodness...can we please stop speculating about all this???
Well if C&C gave us some current events to talk about, I'm sure we would.

Talk started about Camilla being better suited for handling life in the royal family and then it went on from there.

I think one thing I have learned by the public's acceptance of Camilla is that sometimes its better to say the public be damned and go on about your own life the best way you know how. Then you have a better chance of getting what you want and the public ends up coming around.

Talking about C&C's upcoming visit, Camilla apparently has a fear of flying. If so, she's going to dread the flight over the Atlantic. I'm not afraid of flying but the long flight is really uncomfortable and the jet lag can throw you off for days.

What I didn't know is that she made a visit to New York a couple of years ago. I must have missed that. I hope she and Charles make a visit to the World Financial Center where I work. We have a lot of events related to remembering WTC and a beautiful atrium that looks out over the Hudson River and the New Jersey skyline.

Plus I'll be able to skip out of the office during work and take a peek. After missing out on Marthe-Louise's book signing at the Scandanavia Society today, I really want to see a royal visit in person.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:56 PM

Re:

Talking about C&C's upcoming visit, Camilla apparently has a fear of flying.

I am sure that the Duchess has absolutely nothing to fear - she'll be taken good care of. But I'm terrified of flying so I can sympathise!

Can't they sail?
Old 10-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Talking about C&C's upcoming visit, Camilla apparently has a fear of flying.

I am sure that the Duchess has absolutely nothing to fear - she'll be taken good care of. But I'm terrified of flying so I can sympathise!

Can't they sail?
Well they don't have the Britannia anymore which is a shame :( I think the Queen and Prince Philip sailed on Britannia when they first visited the United States in 1957. I stayed at the Williamsburg Inn where they had stayed to commemorate the first English settlement at Jamestown. It was beautiful and photos were in all the staterooms of their visit.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Royal Highness

They will fly here. In the end it is much more cost efficient and practical. If I were her I would have a couple of G&Ts, as the British say,...to calm my nerves.. :)
Old 10-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yea I heard Camilla has a huge fear of flying. I hope she doesnt freak out. People do weird things when they have to face their fears. I hope she gets over her fear after this trip though. She is going to have to do a lot of flying. I also missed millas trip in 99. Make sure you bring some cameras and take pics of the royal couple if you see them ysbel. That is so cool that they are going to visit right next to you work place. Seriously, there is no news going around it is annoying me too. Charles needs to lay a wreath somewhere and Camilla wear something nice so we can have something to talk about.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some Controversy. I dont like Charles using Prinvate Jets. It is way to expensive. I hope they can switch to scheduled flights soon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...09/ixhome.html
Old 10-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness

They would either fly commercial, first class of course, or fly one of the royal planes over.

They are trying to keep up with cutting costs down.

Since this is an official visit and not private, they will not be flying on a private plane.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade

Since this is an official visit and not private, they will not be flying on a private plane.
They're chartering a jet. I think Charles and Camilla with their security on a regularly scheduled flight would inconvenience the other passengers too much.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am going to try to strech this story out as much as possible cause I dont think there is going to be any other news for a while. Didnt the goverment temporarily decommision the royal planes because they were a easy terroist attack. Security is i guess the major issue when it comes to scheduled flights and charting a jet. But, didnt the Queen and Prince Philip take a scheduled flight to Canada. Surely they have more security. Using sceduled flights would be cheaper and that would mean they would be able to travel abroad more often.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

There hasnt been much news at all from any Royal House. It has been very quiet. You think it is the calm before the storm. Waiting for the Danish and Spanish heirs to be born.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
They're chartering a jet. I think Charles and Camilla with their security on a regularly scheduled flight would inconvenience the other passengers too much.
Cool..thank you Ysbel! :)

Let's try and keep each other all up to date. Hey, this is big news coming up!
Old 10-09-2005, 06:25 PM

Re:

Didnt the goverment temporarily decommision the royal planes because they were a easy terroist attack

No. They took the markings off that showed it was a Royal Jet.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

O yea I remember now. Princess Mary is due anyday. The gaurds are standing ready to fire a gun salute. People in charge of the bonfires are ready to light up. The goverment is already warning people not to light bonfires in the wrong places. Big event. Wow, Were reduced to talking about another countrys royalty. Chaz, milla please give us some news.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Royal Highness

Well, there is an item today on one of the newspapers about C&C having a charter flight for the US trip for 300,00 pounds. I think the paper couldn't decide which side to take on the charter. So it was critical of its cost to taxpayers, as well as talking about the July bombings leading up to the decision for security reasons.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I think the visit will be lowkey. They're not a glamorous couple so the interest will be more on the relations between the two countries, etc. and they will be showing their respect towards the events that have hit the U.S. over the last few years.

That can be a good thing.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Well, there is an item today on one of the newspapers about C&C having a charter flight for the US trip.
See posts #88 - #91 below.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It would probably be a nightmare for any other "regular" passengers to have to share a plane with C & C. Just think of all the security headaches, and all the checkpoints -- they would probably make all the passengers unpack their bags prior to loading them. (And having that couple on a regular plane would pose a danger to "regular" passengers too.)

In this case, taking their own plane is a reasonable thing to do, minimizing the inconvenience to other passengers.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Nobility

The palace and security must have changed their minds. I remember reading that the last time charles traveled it was charged it cost too much. It was decided that he and camilla would fly via regular flight to the us. Which makes no sense to me flying isn't safe anyway why would you put a royal on a public flight. Just seems rediculous their own planes must be safer than the ones the that regular passengers ride on.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales