The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 06:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

She did retire but she still comes back for special interviews. I think Prince Charles would be a special interview. 60 minutes was probably best choice for his first interview in years and first visit to the us. IT is more traditional.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I still can't find out when they're coming to the US.
Softpedia indicated they're coming October or November. Shouldn't we have heard something official yet?

Old 09-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
But, I agree, I would love to see Barbara interview them both because she would handle it in such a classy way, the same unique way she always has.
I'm not sure they would be able to keep a straight face if she asked them what sort of trees they were--maybe that's why she wasn't chosen. Didn't Diana invite her to KP for lunch? That might be another reason.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yea but it would give Prince Charles a much more relaxed and fun image.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:59 AM
Serene Highness

Dimbledy speaks out

Camilla 'will be Queen', insists Prince's friend

by REBECCA ENGLISH, Daily Mail

The Duchess of Cornwall will definitely become Queen when Prince Charles accedes to the throne, one of his closest confidants has insisted.

"Formally, there is no doubt that Camilla will become Queen," said broadcaster Jonathan Dimbleby, the Prince's biographer. He criticised Clarence House officials who were accused of fudging the issue in the run-up to the register office ceremony in order to defuse public hostility.

"It might have been better if Clarence House had publicly said, formally, we agree that she will be Queen but, actually, she prefers to be called Princess Consort. A bit more clarity would have been better," he said.

Mr Dimbleby's comments are due to be shown on Sunday as part of an examination of the controversial royal marriage by BBC1's Panorama entitled A Right Royal Shambles? The fact that Mr Dimbleby has allowed his views to be broadcast strongly suggests that he has done so with the prince's approval.

Old 10-01-2005, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it would have been better if they just said she would be Queen. That is a long way from now and people would have gotten use to it.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I don't know about the rest of you, but Charles embarking on a new public relations campaign for Camilla doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy. Public relations is not his area of expertise. I think they would be better off doing what they have been doing-fulfilling royal engagements and getting on with their life.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Gossip: Charles' love letters on sale on Ebay

From the Sun
One's net amused

INTERNET auctioneers eBay were last night set to withdraw love letters written by Prince Charles. The six letters to a mystery Canadian girlfriend were on offer at £40,000.

Five were written in 1976 when Charles, then a Navy officer, was said to “have a girl in every port”. The other was penned in June 1980 — a year before he married Princess Diana. The Sun discovered they were on sale. But an eBay source said last night: “They are very private. We don’t want to upset the Prince so it is likely they will be withdrawn.” Los Angeles-based royal collector Alicia Carroll was given the notes by the ex-love.

Ebay's page

Old 10-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Los Angeles-based royal collector Alicia Carroll was given the notes by the ex-love.

Ebay's page
I feel sorry for any Crown Prince today. Any evidence of any past friendships, relationships is bound to turn up somehow. It's bound to make some of the younger royals feel paranoid about who they associate with.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Americans are more forgiving. We love a comeback! On another note..its is extremely risky...I believe that Charles's advisers used to refer to America as Dianaland!
Not all of us are so forgiving.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Softpedia indicated they're coming October or November. Shouldn't we have heard something official yet?
That's what I was thinking....really odd that nothing official (that I know of) has been said yet. I do hope that they do come and do an interview.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Not all of us are so forgiving
Some yes, but as a society we are and we do love comebacks. We are a young nations and we like the new and future. There will probably be an announcment next week or the week after. ABC is broadcasting Good Morning America form Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle next week. The Queen has allowed it to boost tourism. The Duke of York has given an interview. I also think they are using it to build some royal hype in america so when the visit is announced it will get more attention. This visit has been thought through very carefully I must say.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
tiaraprin,
Given the fact that Charles & Diana were on good terms when she died and that she had expressed her wish that he & Camilla should marry I fail to see how anyone else has a right to withold forgiveness. Beside the fact that it had nothing to do with any of us, apart from our voyeuristic inclinations, we were not personally involved so we have nothing to forgive. Diana made her peace with Charles before her death and that should be the end of the story!!
Old 10-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Courtier

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
tiaraprin,
Given the fact that Charles & Diana were on good terms when she died and that she had expressed her wish that he & Camilla should marry I fail to see how anyone else has a right to withold forgiveness. Beside the fact that it had nothing to do with any of us, apart from our voyeuristic inclinations, we were not personally involved so we have nothing to forgive. Diana made her peace with Charles before her death and that should be the end of the story!!
Well said wymanda

As far as Charles and Camilla's proposed trip to the US is concerned, the vague dates given were late October or early November.
According to the Court Circular, Charles and Camilla will be involved with the Norwegian royal visit being held October 25 to 27 so it's likely that the US trip will be in early November.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Amen. I don't think the US should be considered fertile ground for trying to establish a pro- Camilla base.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nor should it be considered a no-go zone for senior members of the royal family simply because the USA has a tendency to glorify glamorous celebrities, including Diana.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda
Amen. I don't think the US should be considered fertile ground for trying to establish a pro- Camilla base.
What a ridiculous comment! Brits don't really care what people in the US think about 'their' royal family. The British Royals have no relevance to Americans so why would anyone think that there was some sort of PR value in one royal or another being popular in the US.

Some reality on the planned trip. Charles (and Camilla) are off to the US to do their job, that is to be ambassadors for Great Britain and Northern Ireland. To fly the flag so to speak. There is no official program released yet ( I checked the Official site) newspaper speculation is that they will pay their respects at Ground Zero.
Currently the UK is involved in a major tourism venture to try and get American tourists to return to the UK, since 9/11 there has been an enormous down turn in the high spending Americans visiting the UK and the tourism industry is feeling the pinch. The royals are doing their bit ( after the foot and mouth scare QEII and members of the royal family visited various tourist areas in the UK to try and get people visiting again) QEII has given permission for an American breakfast TV show to broadcast from Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and The Palace at Holyrood House in Edinburgh. ( TV crews have access to the rooms open to the public only, QEII is still at Balmoral) The Duke of York in his role of Special Ambassador for British Trade will give an interview on tourism in the UK. C & C's visit will also give much publicity in the US on the UK and the royal link. Like I said they're doing their job, Charles did his interview as a pretrip "let them know we're coming" Camilla has maintained her dignified silence and has given no interview.

Puhleese move on from this whole ridiculous pro and anti Camilla or Diana scenario!
Old 10-02-2005, 07:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1
What a ridiculous comment! Brits don't really care what people in the US think about 'their' royal family. The British Royals have no relevance to Americans so why would anyone think that there was some sort of PR value in one royal or another being popular in the US.

Some reality on the planned trip. Charles (and Camilla) are off to the US to do their job, that is to be ambassadors for Great Britain and Northern Ireland. To fly the flag so to speak. There is no official program released yet ( I checked the Official site) newspaper speculation is that they will pay their respects at Ground Zero.
Currently the UK is involved in a major tourism venture to try and get American tourists to return to the UK, since 9/11 there has been an enormous down turn in the high spending Americans visiting the UK and the tourism industry is feeling the pinch. The royals are doing their bit ( after the foot and mouth scare QEII and members of the royal family visited various tourist areas in the UK to try and get people visiting again) QEII has given permission for an American breakfast TV show to broadcast from Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and The Palace at Holyrood House in Edinburgh. ( TV crews have access to the rooms open to the public only, QEII is still at Balmoral) The Duke of York in his role of Special Ambassador for British Trade will give an interview on tourism in the UK. C & C's visit will also give much publicity in the US on the UK and the royal link. Like I said they're doing their job, Charles did his interview as a pretrip "let them know we're coming" Camilla has maintained her dignified silence and has given no interview.

Puhleese move on from this whole ridiculous pro and anti Camilla or Diana scenario!
At last someone talks sense! :)
Old 10-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

More Dimbledy comments

From the Sunday Herald

Archbishop ‘refused to allow church wedding for Charles and Camilla’

THE Prince of Wales was denied a church wedding to Camilla Parker Bowles on the order of the Archbishop of Canterbury, a BBC documentary is set to reveal.

According to royal biographer Jonathan Dimbleby, who is interviewed in tonight’s Panorama, Dr Rowan Williams said a church ceremony, even though he could have granted it, would be unacceptable to religious leaders.

Dimbleby, who is Charles’s official biographer, also says in the programme that there is “no doubt” that Camilla will formally become Queen when Charles becomes King.

The royal couple, both divorcees, wed in a civil ceremony at the Guildhall in Windsor on April 9.

Dimbleby told Panorama: “There were discussions bet ween Clarence House and Lambeth Palace at the pretty high level about whether or not the Archbishop of Canterbury would grant the royal couple a religious service. “As I understand it, Lambeth Palace said that would not be possible.

Another article from IcEling
Archbishop 'denied church ceremony'

Old 10-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
tiaraprin,

You have your opinion, I have mine. I am entitled to mine and you are entitled to yours.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales