The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Royal Highness

Damned if he kept silent, and damned if he tells his side of the truth.

Old 09-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Damned if he kept silent, and damned if he tells his side of the truth.
I agree Incas.

If Charles had never publicly admitted his adulterous relationship with Camilla there would've been whispers about it and tons of ink spilled over it in the press about what a coward and liar he was. Yet because he was adult enough to admit that he made mistakes in his life and in his marriage to Diana and yes, that he did cheat on her and owed up to his mistakes, he's still a jerk.

I think some people are so jaded by him because of what he did to Diana (disregarding the fact that it takes two to break up a marriage) that they can't even give him (or Camilla) due credit, whatever it may be for.

I would rather that Charles said "Yes, I did cheat on my wife. That was wrong of me" then to go on forever as if an affair never happened. (Plus Charles' confirmation of an affair actually serves to make Diana seem less hysterical in her public complaints about how her husband never loved her and kept in touch with his former girlfriend from the beginning of their marriage.)

Old 09-05-2005, 04:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are some different pictures of The Prince of Wales at the 60th Anniversary of the end of VJ Day at the Cenotaph on 21st August that had not been posted before:
Pics from Uppa UK:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Charles1.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	189937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Charles2.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	189938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Charles3.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	189939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Charles4.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	189940  

Name:	Charles5.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	189941   Click image for larger version

Name:	charles6.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	189942   Click image for larger version

Name:	charles7.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	189943   Click image for larger version

Name:	charles8.jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	189944  

Name:	charles9.jpg
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	189945   Click image for larger version

Name:	charles10.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	189946  
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 09-05-2005, 04:49 AM
Heir Apparent

And some other more photos:
From Uppa UK:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	charles1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	189947   Click image for larger version

Name:	UDW022329_6197[1].JPG
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	189948   Click image for larger version

Name:	UDW022329_6207[1].JPG
Views:	56
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	189949   Click image for larger version

Name:	UDW022329_6210[1].JPG
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	189950  

Old 09-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
The Prince of Wales at the 60th Anniversary of the end of VJ Day at the Cenotaph on 21st August
What a wonderful celebration. That day was a beautiful day in history.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I haven't seen Camilla "on duty" in what feels like forever. I miss her. Does anyone know when we'll see her again?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I haven't seen Camilla "on duty" in what feels like forever. I miss her. Does anyone know when we'll see her again?
Here is the list of next few engagements TRH will undertake,polly:
From the Prince of Wales's website: http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/diary.html
Monday, 12th September
  • The Prince of Wales, Patron, Woodchester Mansion Trust, will attend a seminar on conservation skills training, Woodchester Mansion, Nympsfield, Gloucestershire.
Tuesday, 13th September
  • The Prince of Wales, President, The Victoria Cross and George Cross Association and The Duchess of Cornwall will attend a Service of Remembrance and Re-Dedication, St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London, and then attend The President’s Tea Party, St James’s Palace State Apartments, London.
Wednesday, 14th September
  • The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will tour the Georgian Theatre Royal before watching a performance by members of its Youth Theatre, Richmond, North Yorkshire.
  • The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will tour a Farmers’ Market before visiting the Town Hall, Richmond, North Yorkshire.
  • The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Richmond Station, a Grade II listed building, to hear about the local community’s restoration plans. Their Royal Highnesses will also meet young businessmen and women from North Yorkshire who have been helped by The Prince’s Trust’s Rural Opportunities Self Employment (ROSE) scheme, Richmond Station, Richmond, North Yorkshire.
Sunday, 18th September
  • The Prince of Wales, Patron, Battle of Britain Fighter Association, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, will attend the Battle of Britain Service, Westminster Abbey, London.
  • Their Royal Highnesses will later unveil the Battle of Britain Monument, Victoria Embankment, before meeting Battle of Britain veterans at a reception, London.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

fantastic! thank you so much. I can't wait.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Majesty

i will have to agree, pollyemma. really can't wait to see our lovely duchess again.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/90332004.htm

Prince Charles' Duchy Originals belittled

http://www.sirc.org/articles/madness...e_charles.html

The madness of Prince Charles
Old 09-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Perhaps, if we combine both of rchainho's news articles, we shall see Charles slaving over a hot stove making his own jam! Sort of like a royal Martha Stewart.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:23 AM
Heir Apparent

24hr cop shop for Camilla
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005410769,00.html
Old 09-09-2005, 01:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not sure what an article about a speech he gave five years ago is doing in a news thread. I assume this Reith Lecture article does refer to a five-year-old speech?
Old 09-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
Camilla runs away to her old house from Highgrove to get away from the "rigours of running Highgrove"? What rigours are these? Is Charles expecting her to clean the bathrooms or shovel manure in his garden?

And is anybody complaining about this additional expense?
Old 09-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Camilla runs away to her old house from Highgrove to get away from the "rigours of running Highgrove"? What rigours are these? Is Charles expecting her to clean the bathrooms or shovel manure in his garden?

And is anybody complaining about this additional expense?

She is way out of line here!! The taxpayers' money should not be used to guard her old estate because she needs to escape "the rigours" of Highgrove. That woman has been effectively running Highgrove for YEARS. What is so traumatic for her?? That has always been "her home"; it never truly belonged to Diana. What does she have to be upset about?? Is there trouble in paradise?? She got what she wanted and now she wants more!!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Courtier

I agree wholeheartedly. This is a bit much.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
She is way out of line here!! The taxpayers' money should not be used to guard her old estate because she needs to escape "the rigours" of Highgrove. That woman has been effectively running Highgrove for YEARS. What is so traumatic for her?? That has always been "her home"; it never truly belonged to Diana. What does she have to be upset about?? Is there trouble in paradise?? She got what she wanted and now she wants more!!
We are all entitled to have a sanctuary. Camilla chose to keep her home, which I believe is called Ray Mill Farm, possibly so that she has somewhere relatively informal where she can be with her children and can meet her friends informally. I would imagine that trying to have a few girlfriends to Highgrove for a nice "bitchy" lunch could be a little impossilbe. IMTS, how can you have a catty gossip with a butler, a footman & a couple of maids hanging about. Much better to have your own space where you can throw a salad together, have a nice bottle of wine with lunch and chatter to your hearts content without worrying that the servants will sell your coversation to the tabloids. As far as the "taxpayer" footing the bill to guard the place I would assume that the funds for this come from the Duchy of Cornwall estates which are not funded by the taxpayer. The duchy produces its own revenue on which Income Tax is payed. So if it were public money paying for the guards then surely the Duchy, as a taxpayer, is simply getting it's money's worth for the tax it pays!

Tiaraprin, would you have objected in the same manner if Diana had her own place that was provided with security that was payed for from the Duchy's revenue or from public funds? I think not!
Old 09-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not sure about that. I mean, they have their home in London and they have Highgrove and the use of Birkhall; it's not as though there aren't options. I'd have thought that if she's really concerned about security, she'd want to stay in houses that have a lot of security already rather than have to turn her own house into yet another high-security bolt hole.

If the press and the public know where her house is, she isn't going to be any more safe there than at Highgrove. I assume she might want to hold onto it so that she can give, sell, or leave it to her children, but I'm a bit mystified why she'd want another place as well as Highgrove, just a few miles down the road. The only thing I can think is that she might want to hang onto her own place for the possibility of Charles predeceasing her so that she isn't dependent on either the Queen or William for somewhere to live. Other than that, it seems like a waste of resources.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I'm not sure about that. I mean, they have their home in London and they have Highgrove and the use of Birkhall; it's not as though there aren't options. I'd have thought that if she's really concerned about security, she'd want to stay in houses that have a lot of security already rather than have to turn her own house into yet another high-security bolt hole.

If the press and the public know where her house is, she isn't going to be any more safe there than at Highgrove. I assume she might want to hold onto it so that she can give, sell, or leave it to her children, but I'm a bit mystified why she'd want another place as well as Highgrove, just a few miles down the road. The only thing I can think is that she might want to hang onto her own place for the possibility of Charles predeceasing her so that she isn't dependent on either the Queen or William for somewhere to live. Other than that, it seems like a waste of resources.
I see what you are saying Elspeth, but Ray Mill is HER house. She isn't reliant on anyone for it and can be herself there without the prying eyes of servants etc. Lets face it, from all accounts Charles likes to live quite formally and I suppose this could become a little tedious. Perhaps 'Milla likes somewhere she can wander around in sweat pants & a top, her slippers and eat Cheese on Toast in front of the fire without worrying about crumbs on the antiques or some sneaky servant taking pictures to sell to The Sun!
Old 09-10-2005, 05:55 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I wonder how true the report is. The Sun is the only source for this info and we all know how reliable IT is.

But if it is true this move doesn't make much sense to me either. Looks like the rigours of living with a mini-police station would far outweigh the rigours of Highgrove. No doubt that Camilla would need such security if she spent considerable time there. She and Charles have gotten a lot of hate mail but the idea of police walking around my home even if they're there to protect me would be more stressful than the occasional servant.

If she just wants to hang on to it to live in after Charles dies, she doesn't have to stay in it, she just can refuse to sell it.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales