The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys
there were some articles in the tabloids earlier this year (and before the wedding) that pointed out that President Bush will not welcome Camilla in the White House because she is a divorcee and the mistress of Charles. As ElisaR wrote, now that they are married there will be no reason to ban her ...
except that even Charles would hardly take his mistress to a state visit to the White House. If she was still his mistress, the logical assumption would be that she would stay at home so there would be no need for an announcement.

The article above was published after the marriage announcement.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloma
The story of her not be welcomed to the White House is rubbish. If he had a problem with divorced people, his own brother would not be welcome. I wonder who comes up with this garbage?
The President of the United States is a strict Born Again Christian who often puts his foot in his mouth due to his religious fervor. Although I am not sympathetic to Charles and Camilla in the least, The President cannot take his religious fervor and ban Camilla as the wife of the future King of England (I can't believe I am defending them) from entering the White House. I stand for this on basic grounds of human principle, not that I like Charles and Camilla in the least.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:53 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

A Turning Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
(I can't believe I am defending them)
And to think it has been George Bush that has led to this conciliatory attitude!

:)
Old 08-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
And to think it has been George Bush that has led to this conciliatory attitude!

:)
I wouldn't say it is a conciliatory attitude, it is just that the President of my country is an utter moron! I don't like him either, he is ruining my country! I had to stand for a basic principle, irregardless of who it would benefit.

My anti Charles/Camilla feelings aren't going anywhere.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
except that even Charles would hardly take his mistress to a state visit to the White House. If she was still his mistress, the logical assumption would be that she would stay at home so there would be no need for an announcement.

The article above was published after the marriage announcement.
YES YES!! If they were not married Camilla would not even be going on a state visit, the visit is not only to the White House, they are taking a tour of the states. On Good Morning America they said that Charles and Camilla will be touring Sanfransico and other places.

I think that the rule of no unmarried couple sharing a room in the White House is not just President Bush's rule. It is out of respect for the institution. I rather like the rule. It shows respect.

I do support our President, I think he is a wonderful man. I do not support or agree with some of his policy and decisions but I respect him. I think he is a great man with a big heart. He is a MUCH better president and representative that Bill Clinton!

Old 08-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is this what everyone is talking about. I just found it. Obviously the person who wrote it doesn't like President Bush http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/mar20...5/world/w2.htm
"But the US president - a notoriously right-wing Christian fundamentalist and reformed alcoholic - reportedly told aides that it would be "inappropriate" for him to be playing host to the newly-weds, who are both divorcees.

The decision was made even though the late US President Ronald Reagan (under whom George Bush Senior served as vice-president for eight years) was a divorcee when he married Nancy. Are we to take it, then, that if Regan were alive today, George Bush Junior would have considered banning him from the White House too?"

It goes on to mention Vice President Cheneys daughter being allowed in the White House. It is anti-President Bush.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

Are You Guys Still On That Subject! May I Point Out Half The Marridges In North America Have Fail! It May Be Higher Now. So Who Are You To Go Around Critizing Them? Besides Diana Wasn't So Sweet Herself. Have You Ever Heard Of Forgiveness! The Boys Must Have Or The Marridge Would Have Neaver Happened!
Old 08-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
Is this what everyone is talking about. I just found it. Obviously the person who wrote it doesn't like President Bush http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/mar20...5/world/w2.htm
"But the US president - a notoriously right-wing Christian fundamentalist and reformed alcoholic - reportedly told aides that it would be "inappropriate" for him to be playing host to the newly-weds, who are both divorcees.
No Harry's Polo Shirt, the article I cited came from the Sun which I think is owned by Rupert Murdoch, his papers in the U.S. staunchly defend Bush. The Sun article wasn't that complementary to Bush either but given this announcement, who could blame them?

Actually I believe Bush's allegiance to the born-again Christian movement goes no further than getting their votes. He's turned them down on a lot of things since he became President (not that I'm complaining about that) I still think the announcement is just a bone he threw to appease the born-again Christian masses.

It would have been political suicide for him to follow up on it.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
I think that the rule of no unmarried couple sharing a room in the White House is not just President Bush's rule. It is out of respect for the institution. I rather like the rule. It shows respect.
I totally agree with that sentiment, but its hardly relevant to Charles and Camilla. They WERE planning on getting married when the announcement was published. If they by chance still were not married by the time of the scheduled state visit, the announcement would still be unnecessary because I cannot believe that Charles would try to take his mistress on a state visit. Even if he wanted to, the British government would have a say in that.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATS
Are You Guys Still On That Subject! May I Point Out Half The Marridges In North America Have Fail! It May Be Higher Now. So Who Are You To Go Around Critizing Them? Besides Diana Wasn't So Sweet Herself. Have You Ever Heard Of Forgiveness! The Boys Must Have Or The Marridge Would Have Neaver Happened!

This discussion is not ment to criticize Charles and Camilla or divorcees in generally but talk about the opinions of Mr Bush (or what he is alleged to have said)
Old 08-16-2005, 06:16 PM

Dear Harry's polo shirt, Thank you for standing up for our president. I really enjoy reading the messages on these forums but I am VERY tired of hearing our president called stupid and a moron by people who disagree with him. I thought that people who posted on these forums were supposed to remain respectful even if they don't like a person. Or does that only apply if they are talking about royal people? I wonder how much other posters would like it if I called the leader of their country names that are so derogatory? If you wish to make political observations then I believe you are on the wrong forum. Otherwise, I guess it's open season for us to make denigrating comments about all political leaders and eachother. What's good for the goose is good for the gander as they say!
Old 08-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilish
Dear Harry's polo shirt, Thank you for standing up for our president. I really enjoy reading the messages on these forums but I am VERY tired of hearing our president called stupid and a moron by people who disagree with him. I thought that people who posted on these forums were supposed to remain respectful even if they don't like a person. Or does that only apply if they are talking about royal people? I wonder how much other posters would like it if I called the leader of their country names that are so derogatory? If you wish to make political observations then I believe you are on the wrong forum. Otherwise, I guess it's open season for us to make denigrating comments about all political leaders and eachother. What's good for the goose is good for the gander as they say!
Thanks, I was worried I was going to be attacked for that.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Royal Highness

TRF Rule #2 states...

" Absolutely no discussions of politics is allowed. As we all come from different parts of the world with varying liberal and conservative views, an attack or offensive comment against another nation, a head of state or international and national policies of other nations only leads to disputes -- all of which have nothing to do with royalty. Reference to and discussions of a government or a government leader and the decisions/actions/policies carried out by them are strictly prohibited. You may or may not like the individual leader or agree or disagree with his or her decisions and policies, but their decisions and actions have no baring at this forum. Posts and discussions about politics may and will be removed without notice. "

This is not the place to discuss feelings about President Bush.

marezdote
BRF SuperModerator
Old 08-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://people.monstersandcritics.com...o_tour_America

Prince Charles and wife Camilla set to tour America?

Aug 16, 2005, 14:36 GMT Britain's Prince Charles and wife Camilla are reportedly set to tour America this autumn.

Insiders say the royal couple, who married earlier this year, will make their first trip to the States as a couple in October.

The ten-day tour is reported to include an official visit to the White House in Washington, where they will meet with US President George W. Bush.

An insider told Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper: "They are grateful the president is being so hospitable towards them."
Old 08-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
http://people.monstersandcritics.com...o_tour_America

Prince Charles and wife Camilla set to tour America?

Aug 16, 2005, 14:36 GMT Britain's Prince Charles and wife Camilla are reportedly set to tour America this autumn.

Insiders say the royal couple, who married earlier this year, will make their first trip to the States as a couple in October.

The ten-day tour is reported to include an official visit to the White House in Washington, where they will meet with US President George W. Bush.

An insider told Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper: "They are grateful the president is being so hospitable towards them."
Thay have not announced exactly the date yet,so i still wonder if The Duchess will take part in any engagements of The Visit of the Norwegian King and Queen's Official Visit from 25th-27th October.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
TRF Rule #2 states...

" Absolutely no discussions of politics is allowed. As we all come from different parts of the world with varying liberal and conservative views, an attack or offensive comment against another nation, a head of state or international and national policies of other nations only leads to disputes -- all of which have nothing to do with royalty. Reference to and discussions of a government or a government leader and the decisions/actions/policies carried out by them are strictly prohibited. You may or may not like the individual leader or agree or disagree with his or her decisions and policies, but their decisions and actions have no baring at this forum. Posts and discussions about politics may and will be removed without notice. "

This is not the place to discuss feelings about President Bush.

marezdote
BRF SuperModerator

I totally agree. I don't like talking about politics and related matters. :)
But...

Quote:
... an attack or offensive comment against another nation, a head of state or international and national policies of other nations only leads to disputes -- all of which have nothing to do with royalty.

The problem is that royalty does have to do with "head of state" and "national policies of other nations." While we talk about royalty, we talk about the role of the monarchs and their families and we often argue about the need of monarchy, the point of monarchy, "would you like to have a monarchy in you country?", "I'm happy I haven't a monarchy in my country because I dislike them/they cost too much/they aren't good value for money", "I don't want King Charles and/or Queen Camilla", "I am a royal watcher, but I'd prefer we become a republic" etc.

I suppose this is a forum for "royal watchers" (who can include "royal lovers", "royal enthusiasts" and so on, and sometimes - but this is really beyond me - "opponents to royals").
However, many threads look like if they were part of a monarchist vs anti-monarchist forum. There we often argue about "heads of state" (kings and queens) and national institutions (monarchy is good/bad).

Why aren't the rules applied to royalty?

Old 08-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Elisa, I'm new here so I didn't want to stir the waters but I'm glad you brought this up. Since I brought in the link about Bush banning Camilla from the White House, I thought it would be perfectly appropriate to speculate why as long as the conversation stuck to the particular incident.

I'm also surprised that while we can criticize the King of Sweden for saying he wanted his son to succeed him and we can speculate about Charles, Camilla, and Diana triangle calling them disgusting and disgraceful, a discussion about why Bush would want to ban Charles and Camilla from the White House seems to be offlimits.

Well I hope I didn't stir the waters more but as a newcomer it does seem confusing.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Discussions about why Bush would or wouldn't want to ban Camilla from setting foot in the White House are fine. Discussions that spill over into "I always said he was an idiot; after all, look at the mess he's made in Iraq" are not. It's a fuzzy boundary, but the forum rules don't allow for "xxxxx is a brainless prat" sort of statements, and those rules apply to non-royals as well as royals.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilish
I am VERY tired of hearing our president called stupid and a moron by people who disagree with him. ... I wonder how much other posters would like it if I called the leader of their country names that are so derogatory?
Stupid (idiot) and moron were terms used by an American against her own leader.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Discussions about why Bush would or wouldn't want to ban Camilla from setting foot in the White House are fine. Discussions that spill over into "I always said he was an idiot; after all, look at the mess he's made in Iraq" are not. It's a fuzzy boundary, but the forum rules don't allow for "xxxxx is a brainless prat" sort of statements, and those rules apply to non-royals as well as royals.

Thank you Elspeth. :)

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales