Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 4: August-September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Harry's polo shirt, Thank you for standing up for our president. I really enjoy reading the messages on these forums but I am VERY tired of hearing our president called stupid and a moron by people who disagree with him. I thought that people who posted on these forums were supposed to remain respectful even if they don't like a person. Or does that only apply if they are talking about royal people? I wonder how much other posters would like it if I called the leader of their country names that are so derogatory? If you wish to make political observations then I believe you are on the wrong forum. Otherwise, I guess it's open season for us to make denigrating comments about all political leaders and eachother. What's good for the goose is good for the gander as they say!

Eilish said:
Dear Harry's polo shirt, Thank you for standing up for our president. I really enjoy reading the messages on these forums but I am VERY tired of hearing our president called stupid and a moron by people who disagree with him. I thought that people who posted on these forums were supposed to remain respectful even if they don't like a person. Or does that only apply if they are talking about royal people? I wonder how much other posters would like it if I called the leader of their country names that are so derogatory? If you wish to make political observations then I believe you are on the wrong forum. Otherwise, I guess it's open season for us to make denigrating comments about all political leaders and eachother. What's good for the goose is good for the gander as they say!

Thanks, I was worried I was going to be attacked for that.

TRF Rule #2 states...

" Absolutely no discussions of politics is allowed. As we all come from different parts of the world with varying liberal and conservative views, an attack or offensive comment against another nation, a head of state or international and national policies of other nations only leads to disputes -- all of which have nothing to do with royalty. Reference to and discussions of a government or a government leader and the decisions/actions/policies carried out by them are strictly prohibited. You may or may not like the individual leader or agree or disagree with his or her decisions and policies, but their decisions and actions have no baring at this forum. Posts and discussions about politics may and will be removed without notice. "

This is not the place to discuss feelings about President Bush.

marezdote
BRF SuperModerator

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/royalwatch/article_1041645.php/Prince_Charles_and_wife_Camilla_set_to_tour_America

Prince Charles and [font=Verdana,Arial]wife[/font] Camilla set to tour America?

Aug 16, 2005, 14:36 GMT http://corp.monstersandcritics.com/article_3947.php Britain's Prince Charles and wife Camilla are reportedly set to tour America this autumn.

Insiders say the royal [font=Verdana,Arial]couple[/font], who married earlier this year, will make their first trip to the States as a couple in October.

The ten-day tour is reported to include an official visit to the White House in Washington, where they will meet with US President George W. Bush.

An insider told Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper: "They are grateful the president is being so hospitable towards them."

rchainho said:
http://people.monstersandcritics.com/royalwatch/article_1041645.php/Prince_Charles_and_wife_Camilla_set_to_tour_America

Prince Charles and [font=Verdana,Arial]wife[/font] Camilla set to tour America?

Aug 16, 2005, 14:36 GMT Britain's Prince Charles and wife Camilla are reportedly set to tour America this autumn.

Insiders say the royal [font=Verdana,Arial]couple[/font], who married earlier this year, will make their first trip to the States as a couple in October.

The ten-day tour is reported to include an official visit to the White House in Washington, where they will meet with US President George W. Bush.

An insider told Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper: "They are grateful the president is being so hospitable towards them."

Thay have not announced exactly the date yet,so i still wonder if The Duchess will take part in any engagements of The Visit of the Norwegian King and Queen's Official Visit from 25th-27th October.

marezdote said:
TRF Rule #2 states...

" Absolutely no discussions of politics is allowed. As we all come from different parts of the world with varying liberal and conservative views, an attack or offensive comment against another nation, a head of state or international and national policies of other nations only leads to disputes -- all of which have nothing to do with royalty. Reference to and discussions of a government or a government leader and the decisions/actions/policies carried out by them are strictly prohibited. You may or may not like the individual leader or agree or disagree with his or her decisions and policies, but their decisions and actions have no baring at this forum. Posts and discussions about politics may and will be removed without notice. "

This is not the place to discuss feelings about President Bush.

marezdote
BRF SuperModerator

I totally agree. I don't like talking about politics and related matters. :)
But...

Quote:
... an attack or offensive comment against another nation, a head of state or international and national policies of other nations only leads to disputes -- all of which have nothing to do with royalty.

The problem is that royalty does have to do with "head of state" and "national policies of other nations." While we talk about royalty, we talk about the role of the monarchs and their families and we often argue about the need of monarchy, the point of monarchy, "would you like to have a monarchy in you country?", "I'm happy I haven't a monarchy in my country because I dislike them/they cost too much/they aren't good value for money", "I don't want King Charles and/or Queen Camilla", "I am a royal watcher, but I'd prefer we become a republic" etc.

I suppose this is a forum for "royal watchers" (who can include "royal lovers", "royal enthusiasts" and so on, and sometimes - but this is really beyond me - "opponents to royals").
However, many threads look like if they were part of a monarchist vs anti-monarchist forum. There we often argue about "heads of state" (kings and queens) and national institutions (monarchy is good/bad).

Why aren't the rules applied to royalty?

;)

Elisa, I'm new here so I didn't want to stir the waters but I'm glad you brought this up. Since I brought in the link about Bush banning Camilla from the White House, I thought it would be perfectly appropriate to speculate why as long as the conversation stuck to the particular incident.

I'm also surprised that while we can criticize the King of Sweden for saying he wanted his son to succeed him and we can speculate about Charles, Camilla, and Diana triangle calling them disgusting and disgraceful, a discussion about why Bush would want to ban Charles and Camilla from the White House seems to be offlimits.

Well I hope I didn't stir the waters more but as a newcomer it does seem confusing.

Discussions about why Bush would or wouldn't want to ban Camilla from setting foot in the White House are fine. Discussions that spill over into "I always said he was an idiot; after all, look at the mess he's made in Iraq" are not. It's a fuzzy boundary, but the forum rules don't allow for "xxxxx is a brainless prat" sort of statements, and those rules apply to non-royals as well as royals.

Eilish said:
I am VERY tired of hearing our president called stupid and a moron by people who disagree with him. ... I wonder how much other posters would like it if I called the leader of their country names that are so derogatory?

Stupid (idiot) and moron were terms used by an American against her own leader.

Elspeth said:
Discussions about why Bush would or wouldn't want to ban Camilla from setting foot in the White House are fine. Discussions that spill over into "I always said he was an idiot; after all, look at the mess he's made in Iraq" are not. It's a fuzzy boundary, but the forum rules don't allow for "xxxxx is a brainless prat" sort of statements, and those rules apply to non-royals as well as royals.

Thank you Elspeth. :)

Elspeth said:

Thanks Elspeth. I misunderstood. I totally agree with this.

una said:
Stupid (idiot) and moron were terms used by an American against her own leader.

Yes, as an American, I used those terms to describe the President of my country as I have a right to under the first amendment of our constitution. However, it is against the rules of this forum to speak of political policy and I should have found a better way to express my antipathy in relation to the story concerning the President not letting Camilla come to the White House due to being a divorcee. I apologize for my terminology in expressing my feelings and breaking the rules of the forum, but I won't apologize for the feelings I have.

The problem with debates becoming political is they quickly become "party political", then descend into a slanging match of sorts along the lines of "George Bush is a fool", "George Bush is great", "Bill Clinton..." Those of us who either don't care what people think about George Bush (or Bill Clinton), or Iraq, or choose not to air their thoughts on these subjects in these forums get disenchanted with the tone and acrimony. It can be tiresome when posters are sniping at each other, even more so when it's not royal-related. Political slanging-matches within a thread can discourage others from participating, give the impression it's best not to air an opinion because of a possible fierce response, and just come across as ugly.

Having spent a few years on discussion boards discussing religion and politics, I can confirm that it's very helpful to have a thick skin when venturing into both these subjects; this is a lot of the reason why discussion about politics isn't permitted here except in the most general terms. Same for religion, although it tends not to heat up as fast as political dicussions on this board.

So. Let's just take it as read that Tiaraprin believes George Bush is a moron but wouldn't think of mentioning it on a board as refined as this :D, and move on from there.

So, is Camilla off bonding with the in-laws?

A deft hand at the rudder

iowabelle said:
So, is Camilla off bonding with the in-laws?
Very deft throw, iowabelle!

:) :)

Iowabelle, thanks for the good belly laugh!!!:) :) :) I also can see Warren's dry wit is still sharp as a tack!!!!:p :p :) :)

But don't you think it must have been quite a reunion, with Prince Philip, the Duchess of York, and the Duchess of Cornwall possibly all in the same room? Yikes.

CHARLES 'TO QUIT POLO'
x.gif

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1192824,00.html

iowabelle said:
But don't you think it must have been quite a reunion, with Prince Philip, the Duchess of York, and the Duchess of Cornwall possibly all in the same room? Yikes.

That is too funny to contemplate!!:p Nice to see Charles wants to spend more time with his "loved one". Too bad he didn't realize this fact with Diana!

Yes, it's sad he leaves. However, he's becoming a little too old for this sport and he has suffered several injuries (broken bones included) over the years. His dad stopped to play regularly at 50, even though he still was remarkably fit - besides his right wrist.

Last edited:
London, UNITED KINGDOM:
Britain's Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, lays a wreath at The Cenotaph war memorial in London, 21 August, 2005,
to commemorate the 60th anniversary of Victory in Japan (VJ) day.
*Photo credit: JOHN D MCHUGH/AFP/Getty Images

Attachments

• 53446423.jpg
    53446423.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 53446424.jpg
    53446424.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 53446429.jpg
    53446429.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 158
tiaraprin said:
That is too funny to contemplate!!:p Nice to see Charles wants to spend more time with his "loved one". Too bad he didn't realize this fact with Diana!

Well,the whole point is that she wasn't his "loved one"!

Smilla said:
Well,the whole point is that she wasn't his "loved one"!

All the more shame there is to it Smilla!

The Prince of Wales attends a Burma Star reception in Westminster Hall

From aap

Attachments

• BRITAIN-WWII-COMMEMORATIONS.jpg
    BRITAIN-WWII-COMMEMORATIONS.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 152
  • UK-VJ ANNIVERSARY-061314-pi.jpg
    UK-VJ ANNIVERSARY-061314-pi.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 150
  • VJ ANNIVERSARY 16-061114-pi.jpg
    VJ ANNIVERSARY 16-061114-pi.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 148
  • VJ ANNIVERSARY 16-061159-pi.jpg
    VJ ANNIVERSARY 16-061159-pi.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 153
Other photos of the Burma star Reception by Getty Images:

Attachments

• 53448728.jpg
    53448728.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 53448729.jpg
    53448729.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 53448730.jpg
    53448730.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 53448731.jpg
    53448731.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 53448733.jpg
    53448733.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 53448736.jpg
    53448736.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 126
tiaraprin said:
All the more shame there is to it Smilla!

How true, Tiarapin. That is one marriage that shouldn't have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom