Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? What do you mean?

I think she meant where's the picture of Camilla on a motorcycle like Charles is. Its very usual to have a motorcycle referred to as a "hog".
:D

When I hear hog I think of hog roast :)

When I hear hog I think of hog roast :)

Oops, my glance (I generally don't study a photo, I just look at it) at the photo of PoW on the motorcycle I thought it was a Harley-Davidson, which are commonly called "a Hog" here in the U.S. Something to do with the sound of the exhaust which resembles the deep rumblings of a big hog's rolling snort.

I never did figure out what make the motorcycle was.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attended the National Armed Forces Day Parade, Edinburgh,
June 25. The Prince of Wales took the salute from the March Past and they attended the Drumhead Service
before meeting veterans and service personnel.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

** BBC: UK Armed Forces Day parade takes place in Edinburgh **

Here's an additional gallery without watermarks! :flowers:

** gettyimages/zimbio: Prince Charles Attends Drumhead Service in Edinburgh **

Last edited:
I love the uniform The Prince of Wales is wearing! so many details!
Tnks for the pictures, iceflower!

The DOC looks sensational. Love her new hat !

Charles stood next to the Scottish Parliament's new Presiding Officer, the first time a woman has been in that role. On July 1st, the Queen will be opening the Fourth Holyrood Parliament.

But more of that later this week....

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attended the National Armed Forces Day Parade, Edinburgh,
June 25. The Prince of Wales took the salute from the March Past and they attended the Drumhead Service
before meeting veterans and service personnel.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Love the DOC's outfit- especially the hat.
Love the POW's outfit- except the hat.
Charles looks about 101.

Last edited:
Camilla looks very smart in the Armed Forces Day photos. Charles is wearing a much prettier outfit though! Like so many birds, the male of the species has the bright colours and shiny feathers. :lol:

I'm not mocking him, just feeling light-hearted.

That is cute :lol:. It appears as if they're sharing a private joke. On a completely different note, Charles' hat has got to go. It reminds me of Native American head gear I saw at American museum of Natural History (and no, there's nothing wrong with that aspect, it just that it looks a bit funny on him).

Thank you Daria!:lol: BTW, does Charles look 101 to you too?

Last edited:
Thank you Daria!:lol: BTW, does Charles look 101 to you too?

Glad you liked my description (I was afraid that some may get offended, though no offense was meant). He does look really old, it's almost uncanny really.

That is cute :lol:. It appears as if they're sharing a private joke. On a completely different note, Charles' hat has got to go. It reminds me of Native American head gear I saw at American museum of Natural History (and no, there's nothing wrong with that aspect, it just that it looks a bit funny on him).

Don't worry, HRH knows perfectly what you mean :D :D :D :

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/84009838/Getty-Images-Entertainment

Glad you liked my description (I was afraid that some may get offended, though no offense was meant). He does look really old, it's almost uncanny really.
Tell me about it! And I think age has got something to do with how funny he looks in that costume.... because I seem to have a memory of a pic of William, at the same sort of event, in the same sort of costume, a few years ago, and he did not look funny, in fact he was handsome!;)
But I could be wrong about seeing William in that costume, I could just be daydreaming!:lol:
I don't mean to sound morbid, but Charles is ageing worse than his mother and father. They could outlive him, at the rate he is going, I would not be surprised!

Tell me about it! And I think age has got something to do with how funny he looks in that costume.... because I seem to have a memory of a pic of William, at the same sort of event, in the same sort of costume, a few years ago, and he did not look funny, in fact he was handsome!;)
But I could be wrong about seeing William in that costume, I could just be daydreaming!:lol:
I don't mean to sound morbid, but Charles is ageing worse than his mother and father. They could outlive him, at the rate he is going, I would not be surprised!

I think William has the ability (and I wish I had it too) to make almost anything he wears look good, or at least decent. I've never seen a picture of him in the uniform/attire his father is wearing though. Would be an interesting look.

Charles doesn't look his sixty-two (almost sixty-three) years. I'd give him late seventies or early eighties. Very sad, because as you said, his mother looks like she's in better shape.

Amen to that! Can you imagine what he would look like now?:lol:

I don't think I'll ever look at His Highness the same way again if he sported that head dress. Good thinking that it's unlikely that I'll be meeting him any time soon. :D

Mh, to me, the PoW looks like a man in his 60s, maybe even better than 10 years ago, at least happier, from what I can see on photos. While he was never outstanding, he doesn't hurt my eyes, either.

Mh, to me, the PoW looks like a man in his 60s, maybe even better than 10 years ago, at least happier, from what I can see on photos. While he was never outstanding, he doesn't hurt my eyes, either.

I agree - all this talk about him looking so very old is nonsense IMO. Its kind of a back-door slap. He looks fine to me - totally his age - no way near being 70 or 80.

I think William has the ability (and I wish I had it too) to make almost anything he wears look good, or at least decent. I've never seen a picture of him in the uniform/attire his father is wearing though. Would be an interesting look.

Charles doesn't look his sixty-two (almost sixty-three) years. I'd give him late seventies or early eighties. Very sad, because as you said, his mother looks like she's in better shape.

Late seventies or early eighties?! Not at all! To me he looks better today than he did twenty years ago! :flowers:

As someone with a number of friends and family in their late 70s and early 80s there is no way Charles looks as old as that.

He looks what he is - early to mid 60s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom