Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Love him in that vicuna overcoat. At first I thought Camilla's coat was trimmed out with the PoW tartan; but it's not. Cute coat. I wonder if the collar and pocket flaps are interchangeable.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Goldsmiths’ Hall and
met apprentices and craftsmen and members of the Goldsmiths’ Company,
London, February 23, 2011.

Charles and his face expressions...see pics 3 and 4 :D

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **

There's another thread about the Spain/Portugal/Morocco trip, closed until we get closer to the event - but if the event is starting March 28, it's coming up soon.

I wonder if the joint trips to various places, including the 1 day excursion to Ireland, are practice for the Iberian trip. I don't know how the Prince and the Duchess are received if they go about by carriage or car in England or Ireland (whether thousands turn out as they would have for Elizabeth when she was Princess of Wales). Perhaps since Prince Charles has been in his role for so long, people aren't as enthusiastic?

Did Prince Charles, when he was with Princess Diana, undertake joint travels throughout England and to other parts of Great Britain, or did they mostly do their own thing? I'm reading a biography of the Queen Mum, and it seems that up until the Princesses were grown, the family was still touring together (their tour to South Africa was grueling, but deemed important at the time).

Did Prince Charles tour on his own extensively before he married? Or are his current travels the apex of his representation of the Crown overseas?

I wonder if the joint trips to various places, including the 1 day excursion to Ireland, are practice for the Iberian trip. I don't know how the Prince and the Duchess are received if they go about by carriage or car in England or Ireland (whether thousands turn out as they would have for Elizabeth when she was Princess of Wales).

Elizabeth was never Princess of Wales. Her only titles as heiress presumptive were The Princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Edinburgh. She had no title additional to Princess in her own right until she became Queen as she is a woman.

Perhaps since Prince Charles has been in his role for so long, people aren't as enthusiastic?

There are many reasons why people aren't as enthusiastic - his age, his wife, their love for his first wife, their attitude to him over the breakup of his first marriage, the fact that he says things they see as strange etc

Did Prince Charles, when he was with Princess Diana, undertake joint travels throughout England and to other parts of Great Britain, or did they mostly do their own thing?

Initially they did do things together but after a few years - when the marriage had 'irretrievably broken down' they increasingly did their engagements on their own.

I'm reading a biography of the Queen Mum, and it seems that up until the Princesses were grown, the family was still touring together (their tour to South Africa was grueling, but deemed important at the time).

This tour was a 'thank you' to South Africa for their help in the war and also a good chance to test Elizabeth's feelings for Philip. It was shortly after they returned to Britain that the engagement was announced. The King and Queen also felt a bit guilty about being out of a winter in Britain which was a fairly bad one and they were in the warmth and sunshine of a South African summer.

Did Prince Charles tour on his own extensively before he married? Or are his current travels the apex of his representation of the Crown overseas?

Yes - he visited a lot of places as a single man and was warmly received at the time - like William is today. Charles did represent the Crown abroad in his 20s quite a bit.

I wonder if the joint trips to various places, including the 1 day excursion to Ireland, are practice for the Iberian trip. I don't know how the Prince and the Duchess are received if they go about by carriage or car in England or Ireland (whether thousands turn out as they would have for Elizabeth when she was Princess of Wales). Perhaps since Prince Charles has been in his role for so long, people aren't as enthusiastic?

Did Prince Charles, when he was with Princess Diana, undertake joint travels throughout England and to other parts of Great Britain, or did they mostly do their own thing? I'm reading a biography of the Queen Mum, and it seems that up until the Princesses were grown, the family was still touring together (their tour to South Africa was grueling, but deemed important at the time).

The 1 day trip to N Ireland by Catherine and William can't really be a preparation trip for C&C, can it?

I don't know how the Prince and the Duchess are received if they go about by carriage or car in England or Ireland (whether thousands turn out as they would have for Elizabeth when she was Princess of Wales). Perhaps since Prince Charles has been in his role for so long, people aren't as enthusiastic?

Depending on where they visit and the context of the visit, the level of response can vary. In general it is safe to say that neither the Queen, the DoE or C&C get the sort of response that William and Catherine recd in Wales, N Ireland and Scotland. This is becuase these were the initial few engagements for Catherine, and there remains a very high level of interest in her, and in William and Catherine as a couple.

Yesterday, May 25, Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, attended the ARC Addington Fund
10th Anniversary Service at Queens Chapel, The Savoy, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Today, May 26, the couple undertakes a series of engagements in Surrey. They visit Denbies Wine Estate,
Painshill Park, Watts Gallery in Surrey and visit the Exbury Gardens and Steam Railway in Exbury, Hampshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

Last edited:
:previous:

He has something cute, acting out the dream of nearly every little boy: being a train driver one day..;)

Here are some additional galleries of pics from yesterday:

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin: Prince Charles and Camilla (..) at Denbies Wine Estate **

** zimbio/gettyimages: The Prince Of Wales And The Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Exbury Gardens **

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin: Prince Charles at Painshill Park Gardens **

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin: Camilla (..) at the Molesey Community Center **

I've refused to adopt the Camilla Parker Bowles captions ;)

Today, May 27, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Dorset.

** belga gallery **

** BBC: Prince Charles and Camilla visit Stourpaine pub's shop **

Last edited:
He has something cute, acting out the dream of nearly every little boy: being a train driver one day..;)

Prince Charles actually did tell David Frost in a 1969 interview that, as a small boy, he had wanted to be a railway engineer, but then he realized he was "stuck". At least he got to live out that childhood dream for a little while! :)

Prince Charles actually did tell David Frost in a 1969 interview that, as a small boy, he had wanted to be a railway engineer, but then he realized he was "stuck". At least he got to live out that childhood dream for a little while! :)

I remember that interview - vaguely - but I do remember the story of him wanting to be a train driver as a child.

Years later William is supposed to have said that he wanted to be a fireman (I think) and Harry said 'You can't - you have to be King'

William wanted to be a policeman, and protect Mummy.

Charles was Commander of HMS Bronnington in 1972, a minesweeper who is now languishing at Birkenhead (near Liverpool).

This assignment should have been enough for him to dream dreams of glory...

On June 13, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall met with Microsoft Founder Bill Gates at Windsor
Castle in Windsor.

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio **

And on June 16, the Prince of Wales as Colonel-in-Chief of the Parachute Regiment and the Duchess of Cornwall
presented campaign medals to members of the Parachute Regiment, Merville Barracks, Colchester, Essex.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Well, where is the pic of Camilla on the hog????

KittyAtlanta said:
Well, where is the pic of Camilla on the hog????

Hahaha I was looking for a pic if that too. The one of Charles on the bike was pretty cute and funny....would love to see Camilla on it too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom