The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Details please. What room was the photo in? Who else was in the photograph.

Here are more picture of Camilla's grandchildren.

Camilla's grandchildren appear hesitant when approaching Charles.
Prince Charles bonds with Duchess of Cornwall's grandchildren - hellomagazine.com

They don't seem hesitant to me. One is hugging him!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 08-15-2014, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Prince Charles bonds with Duchess of Cornwall's grandchildren - hellomagazine.com
You and I don't use the same dictionary! Our definitions of hesitant are a little different! They seem comfortable with him to me. No offense- I respect your opinion...

Old 08-15-2014, 09:50 PM
Royal Highness

Are you looking at all the photos?

Eliza is clinging to her grandmother.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
You and I don't use the same dictionary! Our definitions of hesitant are a little different! They seem comfortable with him to me. No offense- I respect your opinion...
I tend to agree with you; the kids seem pretty comfortable with the Prince of Wales, but like you, I respect the opinion of the poster.

Quote:

I see what you're saying, but we don't know what context that was in. I've had interactions with kids who would cling to their parents, and used that as a way to engage me in play. Maybe she was trying to pretend as if Charles can't see her by hiding behind grandma. I worked with a little girl who loved that game, and played it with me every morning during the school year. It was a way for her ease the separation from her mom.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

There are a couple of still photos of Charles with his hands on a child and people are trying to read into that that the children either get on well with him, or are hesitant around him.

I see two girls who are comfortable enough with Charles to give him a hug and to get up close and sort of personal and nothing more.

It is also possible that their parents stressed that Charles and grandma were 'working' and that therefore they had to be on their best behaviour and not simply behave the way they could behave at home with running up to them or cuddling or whatever...
Old 08-16-2014, 01:11 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla grandsons know how to wait until their grandmother finishes her work.

There was a video on news.itnsource.com of Camilla grandsons, Louis & Gus waiting to greet their grandmother while she was on a royal engagement. It was on October 22, 2012 at Marborough Townhall in Wiltshire. They were 2 years old.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Well she clearly felt sufficiently at ease with him to go and poke his sporran.

And in the photo of her with the Duchess, the Prince has a number of officials behind/with him. Maybe it's they she feels shy of.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-16-2014, 03:06 AM
Nobility

Charles and Camilla current events 23: August 2010-

I looked at the pictures in the Daily Mail and Hello. I don't think they seem hesitant at all. The little girl is very inquisitive. The twin boys are younger- the one that hugging Prince Charles actually seems more to be clinging to him, probably because they are in a big crowd. They seem to be a close family.

Prince Charles bonds with Duchess of Cornwall's grandchildren - hellomagazine.com[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 08-16-2014, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

I see a lovely interaction between grandpa and grandkids. It is important to keep in our memory that a picture only frames 0,00001 second and that the same picture two seconds later can show a total different image.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Very heartwarming pix, and lovely children !
Old 08-16-2014, 09:57 AM
Majesty

More cosy pics from Royalista: Prince Charles enjoys a warm hug from his grandchild | Royalista
Old 08-16-2014, 01:33 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles pays tribute to Robin Williams
Prince Charles pays tribute to Robin Williams
Old 08-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Well done prince Charles!
Old 08-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I got the impression that you don't believe this particular part of my post. I did indeed visit Clarence House, and the photograph was of Laura, her husband, Louis and Gus (correction then – two of Laura's children) as well as a few other people, although I couldn't identify them. I reckon they were the godparents. I seem to remember that the photo was in some kind of sitting room, although since the rooms at Clarence House aren't named and we didn't have audio guides to tell us what room it was, I wasn't able to catch the exact room the photograph was in.

You sound as if this is a detective's investigation, and you need every detail that's there.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I got the impression that you don't believe this particular part of my post. I did indeed visit Clarence House, and the photograph was of Laura, her husband, Louis and Gus (correction then – two of Laura's children) as well as a few other people, although I couldn't identify them. I reckon they were the godparents. I seem to remember that the photo was in some kind of sitting room, although since the rooms at Clarence House aren't named and we didn't have audio guides to tell us what room it was, I wasn't able to catch the exact room the photograph was in.

You sound as if this is a detective's investigation, and you need every detail that's there.
I think she was interested in what you saw not that she did not believe you.

Thank you for the link to your post. I only saw what you wrote about Buckingham Palace, where is your post about Clarence House?
Old 08-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
I think she was interested in what you saw not that she did not believe you.

Thank you for the link to your post. I only saw what you wrote about Buckingham Palace, where is your post about Clarence House?
I did say that that was the impression that I got, so I apologise if that wasn't Queen Camilla's actual opinion on my post. I tend to jump to the incorrect conclusion at times and overthink people's replies to me.

You're welcome - my reference to Clarence House is included in the little paragraph just below the larger paragraph about Buckingham Palace. I mention that I learnt that Prince George has roast dinner with Charles and Camilla every Sundays, and that it was fun to see their books on the bookcases.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I did say that that was the impression that I got, so I apologise if that wasn't Queen Camilla's actual opinion on my post.

You're welcome - my reference to Clarence House is included in the little paragraph just below the larger paragraph about Buckingham Palace. I mention that I learnt that Prince George has roast dinner with Charles and Camilla every Sundays, and that it was fun to see their books on the bookcases.
Tone is a hard thing to read in posts.

I was a little confused because you mentioned you would "post the next part of your post in this thread" and thought there would be an additional post. I misread.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Tone is a hard thing to read in posts.

I was a little confused because you mentioned you would "post the next part of your post in this thread" and thought there would be an additional post. I misread.
Yes that is true - things sometimes seem harsher online somtimes (I'm not saying that I thought Queen Camilla was being harsh, don't get me wrong), because you can't hear the poster's tone of voice to determine what their opinion about your comment is.

That's OK, I said that I was going to post the next part of my post in the Buckingham Palace thread, because I didn't have as much to say about Clarence House than I did Buckingham Palace, as there was more to see at the latter. Another reason why I said that was because I thought that mentioning Clarence House in a Buckingham Palace thread might be viewed as off-topic to some.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes that is true - things sometimes seem harsher online somtimes (I'm not saying that I thought Queen Camilla was being harsh, don't get me wrong), because you can't hear the poster's tone of voice to determine what their opinion about your comment is.

That's OK, I said that I was going to post the next part of my post in the Buckingham Palace thread, because I didn't have as much to say about Clarence House than I did Buckingham Palace, as there was more to see at the latter. Another reason why I said that was because I thought that mentioning Clarence House in a Buckingham Palace thread might be viewed as off-topic to some.

I did not see a thread for Clarence House, which I find odd. Or, I am missing something, again?
Old 08-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I did not see a thread for Clarence House, which I find odd. Or, I am missing something, again?
This is kind of off-topic, but there is indeed a thread about Clarence House - see here.

Closed Thread