Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 5m
Prince Charles and Camilla are visiting New Broadcasting House to meet staff from BBC Radio 1, 2, 3 and 4 on Tuesday to ‘celebrate radio'.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Prince Charles admits to gently persuading Kate on her wedding music-

I knew it! I just won some money. It took awhile, but that 20 bucks is MINE HAHA

I knew it! I just won some money. It took awhile, but that 20 bucks is MINE HAHA

I always had the feeling that Charles was very much involved with the selection of the music for the wedding. It was even stated that he worked with Kate on the selections. That showed that even before the marriage, Charles and Kate had a pretty good relationship going. :cool:

I always had the feeling that Charles was very much involved with the selection of the music for the wedding. It was even stated that he worked with Kate on the selections. That showed that even before the marriage, Charles and Kate had a pretty good relationship going. :cool:

It was reported at the time but I am glad that cdngirl finally got her $20. Go crazy, girl.

I loved that Catherine walked down the isle to "I Was Glad." The music sounded grander during the wedding than it did during the Westminster Abbey service for the 60th Anniversary of The Queen's Coronation, IMO.

Video:
Prince Charles was accompanied by the Duchess of Cornwall during his visit to the purpose-built Mary Rose museum at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Hampshire. The centre opened last year re-uniting the hull with thousands of artefacts for the first time since they were lifted from the seabed in 1982. During his visit, Charles had a chance to handle some of the artefacts as well as have a go with a replica longbow. He said afterwards: "I don't want to put my shoulder out."-
Home - ITNSource News

Loved that Charles wore his uniform to this event! Very dashing and very appropriate. I have to admit, many years ago I really didn't know what to think about Prince Charles, but he has really grown on me. Intellectual, well informed and a sense of humor, all very endearing qualities. Nice outing for he and Camilla.

Loved that Charles wore his uniform to this event! Very dashing and very appropriate. I have to admit, many years ago I really didn't know what to think about Prince Charles, but he has really grown on me. Intellectual, well informed and a sense of humor, all very endearing qualities. Nice outing for he and Camilla.

ITA! Whenever I see him in this uniform with the sweater, I immediately think of James Bond - that is were I first saw the uniform sweater. I think the Prince would find that amusing and flattering. :)

ITA! Whenever I see him in this uniform with the sweater, I immediately think of James Bond - that is were I first saw the uniform sweater. I think the Prince would find that amusing and flattering. :)

I so love me some James Bond! Mainly the older ones. Sean Connery and Roger Moore make my heart melt.

Video:
Charles, who was wearing his naval uniform, visited HMS Dragon at sea, taken by Merlin helicopter from the flight deck of HMS Illustrious. Camilla visited HMS Illustrious where, in her role as commodore-in-chief Royal Naval Medical Services, was given a tour of the helicopter carrier's sickbay while a casualty treatment exercise was under way-
Home - ITNSource News

This link has video of the speech re the Mary Rose - which is a unique example of a Tudor man-o-war which was raised from the sea-bed in 1974.

Video: Prince Charles recalls diving days - Telegraph

What always amazes me is what this man has done - so varied - flown airplanes and helicopters; captained a ship and raced in yachts; dived and helped in the raising of the Mary Rose; raised millions for charitable causes; performed on stage; top-class polo player; written childrens story; painted; designed gardens; hedge-laying; learning arabic; ..... the list just goes on. Amazing capacity for learning and action.

Fabulous photos of TRH at this event. In view of his history with the project I'm sure he really enjoyed seeing the exhibit. I always like him in Naval uniform, and I think Camilla looked great, too.

The pictures from the Mary Rose are lovely. Charles looks dapper in his naval uniform, and was he using a crossbow?

The pictures from the Mary Rose are lovely. Charles looks dapper in his naval uniform, and was he using a crossbow?

that's a long bow. His concern about putting his shoulder out is that he badly damaged his shoulder in a fall playing polo and it never knitted back properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom