The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Today, July 20, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have been on the Island of Sark.

** sark.co.uk: Royal Visit to Sark **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Prince of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit The Channel Islands - Day Three **

Old 07-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Another gallery from Daylife.

I really like this commemorative mug a lady called 'Puffin' presented to Prince Charles and Camilla. By the looks of it, so did the royal couple.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Nobility

The mugs are fantastic. "Puffin" really has a sense of humor. Thankfully I was not drinking my coffee when I was the photos, otherwise I would be cleaning my monitor -- been there done that usually after reading remarks made by Marg!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Did you notice "Puffin's" engagement ring? she sure has interest in royalty!
And that mug is priceless; hope it will be available somewhere online cause I'd definitely like to invest.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

The little corgis bouncing along the bottom, one with his crown flying off, are seriously adorable.

I just love Charles's attitude lately. He seems to be really enjoying life, which I think is reflected in those he meets. Camilla's always had a really fun and warm demeanour, but it's so noticeable now in Charles too.

Kate actually reminds me of Camilla in that way. They both seem to wear genuine smiles all the time, as if they really enjoy meeting people. That's so wonderful to have. The Queen doesn't always master it, although she too has a sunny disposition more and more. I think it's an indication of a happy RF generally.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit Sark Island as part of their Diamond Jubilee tour
Quote:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall stepped back in time today by using a horse and carriage to travel on an island where cars are banned. The royal couple visited the tiny Channel Island of Sark - population 600 - which is one of the few remaining places in the world which outlaws cars and where tractors, bikes and horses and carriages are used instead. The Prince and Duchess signalled their enjoyment of their short ride by horse and carriage by smiling broadly and patting the horse gently after disembarking. The Duchess, said: "You are a well-behaved horse." The Prince added: "You work very hard, don't you?"
Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
The little corgis bouncing along the bottom, one with his crown flying off, are seriously adorable.

I just love Charles's attitude lately. He seems to be really enjoying life, which I think is reflected in those he meets. Camilla's always had a really fun and warm demeanour, but it's so noticeable now in Charles too.

Kate actually reminds me of Camilla in that way. They both seem to wear genuine smiles all the time, as if they really enjoy meeting people. That's so wonderful to have. The Queen doesn't always master it, although she too has a sunny disposition more and more. I think it's an indication of a happy RF generally.
Now that you mention it, I think Catherine and Camila are very similar when it comes to 'people' skills. They have no problem being in a large crowd and have the ability to make those around them feel at ease. All of that is definitely rubbing off on Prince Charles too. I think now that he's happy, he's not afraid of being himself, and come out of his shell. I love his reaction to the mugs (they're great and funny indeed). His smile now reaches his eyes, and it's heartwarming. Her Majesty is certainly getting there as well. Overall, I think this family is in a very good place, and it shows.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Majesty

The video of Their Highnesses taking part in the parachute game:

Old 07-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visited the 131st Sandringham Flower Show and will tour the show, meeting exhibitors and members of the public.
The Prince of Wales is Patron of the Show.

- Prince Charles and Camilla
- The Prince of Wales and Camilla
- Prince Charles and Camilla in a carriage
- The Royal couple viewing the exhibition
- Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall at the show
- Prince Charles and Camilla watching torch handling over ceremony

- Camilla
- The Duchess chats to some kids
- Camilla and a very enthusiastic little girl (how cute is that picture?)
Old 07-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Well... there we have it folks. We now have it on very good authority that Camilla is very huggable. I absolutely adore that picture. Some of the best photos of Camilla I've seen is where she is interacting with children.

One thing I've noticed about both the PoW and Camilla is that when we get pictures coming in from an event such as this, is that the pictures tell a story rather than look like group posed portraits. The one of Charles with Camilla holding a flower is precious.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Majesty

Thank you for the lovely images . I love watching Camila with little ones. She's so natural with them, and they respond appropriately, and with enthusiasm (as the las picture indicates ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Well... there we have it folks. We now have it on very good authority that Camilla is very huggable. I absolutely adore that picture. Some of the best photos of Camilla I've seen is where she is interacting with children.

One thing I've noticed about both the PoW and Camilla is that when we get pictures coming in from an event such as this, is that the pictures tell a story rather than look like group posed portraits. The one of Charles with Camilla holding a flower is precious.
Camila does indeed look like a person who has no issues with cuddles and hugs . It adds to her approach-ability, if you will. Oh, I LOVE seeing pictures of the Duchess with children. The interaction is so genuine on both sides, as the picture with the little girl illustrates. I think when Their Highnesses are together, even in public, their interactions with each other is very natural, and the cameras capture that. You can see they're sharing the experience, rather than going through the motions side by side. I think that particular aspect adds to the fact that the pictures look like a story; two people just taking in what is in front of them, and enjoying it. I love the picture with the flower. Reminds me of a couple during courtship .

Old 07-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I whole-heartedly agree; Camilla is natural with kids.
Then again, with five grandchildren of her own, that is to be expected.

Today, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall met Governor General of New Zealand Sir Jerry Mateparae and Lady Mateparae at Clarence House.
- Picture
Old 07-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Nobility

There is no picture from the Reception for the Launch of the Olympic British Business Embassy Programme by Prince Charles on 26 Jul at Clarence House?
Old 07-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
There is no picture from the Reception for the Launch of the Olympic British Business Embassy Programme by Prince Charles on 26 Jul at Clarence House?
There are quite a few pictures. However, since the Duke of York attended the Conference as well, they were posted in the British Royal Family thread.
Just in case, here is a link to gallery from Getty.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

Charles and Camilla arriving to Crathie Kirk for a church service last sunday.

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Zimbio

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The Royals Go to Church - Zimbio
Old 08-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Majesty

I love that shade of blue. Very lovely.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Charles and Camilla arriving to Crathie Kirk for a church service last sunday.

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Zimbio

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The Royals Go to Church - Zimbio
Camilla is looking very fine - that color blue with her tanned skin (or is it good make-up) and silky pale white hair looks great. Charles ain't half bad driving the car. Cool.

Not entirely sure about the hat - it 'smashes' her hair, makes the bangs flat and uninteresting. The hat shows her face - but - not quite working for me.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Royal Highness

I think she looks great in the photo.

She looks well rested. Her face is relaxed and the line are less visible than they have been for several years.

She should wear her hair more often like this, rather than parting in down the middle. It look like she dresses up more while on vacation than during the Jubillee or maybe she just has more time while on vacation to take care of herself.

Clearly, she enjoys being in the car alone with her husband with him driving.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Serene Highness

Are they still on vacation? Is that why we have not seen many pictures?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger
Are they still on vacation? Is that why we have not seen many pictures?
They are most likely still at Birkhall yes.