Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This may sound dense of me - but what, exactly is non-official expenditure? I understand that working lunches/dinners would be official expenditures, while tea in front of the telly would not be. Beyond that though, which would be official:

• Travel to and from family holidays (non-jubilee events) or voluntary events like Royal Ascot
  • Haircuts, personal dressers, housekeeping costs
  • Spa treatments en route to foreign visits
  • Personal passions, like choral music, which Charles adores and employs his knowledge of when planning official events
  • Family ceremony - things like baptisms, wedding, etc. Which are official expenditures and which are not?
  • Education - is the cost of education of the heir an official expenditure? Behind palace walls - certainly, but outside of palace walls - what is official and what not? And at what point in the line of succession does this change (if anywhere).
  • Interests - things like football or polo. At what point does the polo gear become an official expense? When you only play for charity? When it engages with other heads of state? When you are an official of an organization for the interest (by this definition, Wills gets to travel to watch Aston Villa in the official category, but Harry is an unofficial expense if he chums along).
Obviously, I am glad I am not the Prince's accountant.

This may sound dense of me - but what, exactly is non-official expenditure? I understand that working lunches/dinners would be official expenditures, while tea in front of the telly would not be. Beyond that though, which would be official:

• Travel to and from family holidays (non-jubilee events) or voluntary events like Royal Ascot
  • Haircuts, personal dressers, housekeeping costs
  • Spa treatments en route to foreign visits
  • Personal passions, like choral music, which Charles adores and employs his knowledge of when planning official events
  • Family ceremony - things like baptisms, wedding, etc. Which are official expenditures and which are not?
  • Education - is the cost of education of the heir an official expenditure? Behind palace walls - certainly, but outside of palace walls - what is official and what not? And at what point in the line of succession does this change (if anywhere).
  • Interests - things like football or polo. At what point does the polo gear become an official expense? When you only play for charity? When it engages with other heads of state? When you are an official of an organization for the interest (by this definition, Wills gets to travel to watch Aston Villa in the official category, but Harry is an unofficial expense if he chums along).
Obviously, I am glad I am not the Prince's accountant.

I think non official is events or actions that you would undertake whether you were royal or not. So housekeeping is not official, and office costs are. The childrens education at any stage would be needed anyway, so its non official.

There are grey areas in that, but thats how Ive always seen it.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have started a five-day summer tour of Wales today, July 1st.

The Prince of Wales as President of Prime Cymru visited Wales' first rural work hub, the Llandovery Work Hub and presented Long Service medals and afterwards met recipients and their families at Dyfed Powys Police Headquarters, Llangunnor. Together with the Duchess of Cornwall he visited the Dylan Thomas Boat House. The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of The Public Catalogue Foundation visited the publishing house Gomer Press in Llandysul and she hosted a tea party for children and their families from Dreams and Wishes in Llwynywermod.

** itv.com: Royals summer tour of Wales **

** walesonline.co.uk: Charles and Camilla begin five-day tour of Wales in Laugharne **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Camilla Parker Bowles Hosts a Tea Party **

** thisissouthwales.co.uk gallery: Prince Charles opens the Work Hub at Llandovery **

** thisissouthwales.co.uk gallery: Duchess of Cornwall tea party **

Today (July 1st), Camilla hosted a tea party for Dreams and Wishes, which is a charity that supports young people who are seriously ill. The tea party took place in Llwynywermod, Myddfai, Llandovery, in the United Kingdom. Below is a gallery from Getty Images of the event:

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Duchess Of Cornwall Hosts Tea Party For Dreams And Wishes Charity

The DOC is so great with kids - her patience is so loveable! Evidence:
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/172073367-camilla-duchess-of-cornwall-visits-with-neve-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QZ1mENFcaT9MXm15phvjbeLYPAcA5XNW38bBG8DCQxvw5m%2ftsO72SUJdnPZwyW%2bGrQ%3d%3d then
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/17...2tlJGVZRIANmerKO9HSPvisdAyf0yQ6FdvPiBmPnmTg== :wub:

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have started a five-day summer tour of Wales today, July 1st.

The Prince of Wales as President of Prime Cymru visited Wales' first rural work hub, the Llandovery Work Hub and presented Long Service medals and afterwards met recipients and their families at Dyfed Powys Police Headquarters, Llangunnor. Together with the Duchess of Cornwall he visited the Dylan Thomas Boat House. The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of The Public Catalogue Foundation visited the publishing house Gomer Press in Llandysul and she hosted a tea party for children and their families from Dreams and Wishes in Llwynywermod.

** itv.com: Royals summer tour of Wales **

** walesonline.co.uk: Charles and Camilla begin five-day tour of Wales in Laugharne **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Camilla Parker Bowles Hosts a Tea Party **

** thisissouthwales.co.uk gallery: Prince Charles opens the Work Hub at Llandovery **

** thisissouthwales.co.uk gallery: Duchess of Cornwall tea party **

I have no words for the tea party......

I have no words for the tea party......

So, is it totally cheesy that I'm tearing up right now? There are indeed no words. I loved seeing the kids interact with Camila, especially the little girl in pink cardigan, who was being a photographer with the camera. I have no doubt that the children (and Camila) were in heaven, and had a wonderful time.

Love, love, LOVE these pictures :wub:! I have an inkling to ask Her Highness to come and work with me in my preschool. She'd be great with the kids (and a great help to me, since my preschool lacks in teachers and TAs who actually care about the children).

So, is it totally cheesy that I'm tearing up right now? There are indeed no words. I loved seeing the kids interact with Camila, especially the little girl in pink cardigan, who was being a photographer with the camera. I have no doubt that the children (and Camila) were in heaven, and had a wonderful time.

Not cheesy at all- me too.

Lovely scenes of Prince Charles and Camilla at the Doctor Who studio in Wales. Specifically Charles saying exterminate!

Last edited:
Ditto on the tea party pictures.:D
The Dr Who pictures are priceless.:lol:

I agree about the Dr Who photos, Prince Charles's attempt of saying "exterminate!" in the video is funny too. :lol:

Today (July 4th), Camilla visited the Maggie's Cancer Care Caring Centre at Singleton Hospital in Swansea, Wales. She also attended the LASA Credit Union, again in Swansea. Below is a gallery from Getty Images of the events:

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=173118559&EditorialProduct=Royalty

Last edited:

On the final day of the tour through Wales, July 5, the Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Foundation for Building Community toured part of the development and meet students during a visit to Coed Darcy and as Patron of Pub is the Hub he met members of the local historical society, lifeguards and other community groups as well as local residents during a visit to the Prince of Wales Inn, Kenfig, Bridgend.

** gettyimages gallery **

** itv.com: Charles seeks grandfather advice from womens' group **

** southwales-eveningpost.co.uk: Prince Charles visit to the Coed Darcy urban village development **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom