The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Administrator

You are all most welcome!

Here's an article with pictures about the mentioned tea party Camilla has hosted at the Ty Hafan children's hospice:

** walesonline.co.uk: Children and families from Ty Hafan hospice enjoy a royal tea with Duchess of Cornwall **

As the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have agreed to be patrons of the charity WRVS who are searching for 480 'unsung' Diamond Champions - volunteers over 60 who go the extra mile to help in their communities, the Duchess of Cornwall has written a campaigning message for the Express that was published today:

** express.co.uk: DUCHESS OF CORNWALL: MY QUEST TO FIND OUR UNSUNG PENSIONER HEROES **

Some portraits of Camilla presenting the 'Diamond Champions' Badge were made on July 10 during the couple's visit to Brecon:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **

Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

** Pic 3 **

** daylife gallery **
Nice picture. What is that she is wearing? I like the style and color - very flattering on her - but is it corduroy? What is the fabric?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla looks "cute!" Nice color on her and I think the fabric may be one of those new fangled knits that look like cord. I have a pair of trousers from last winter in that fabric.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Nice picture. What is that she is wearing? I like the style and color - very flattering on her - but is it corduroy? What is the fabric?
Great photo. In fact, I think its one of the more flattering pictures I've seen of Camilla to date.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Camilla looks "cute!" Nice color on her and I think the fabric may be one of those new fangled knits that look like cord. I have a pair of trousers from last winter in that fabric.
So it only looks like, but does not feel like, corduroy? You say a knit - is it warm? soft? What does it feel like to wear?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

i

Some portraits of Camilla presenting the 'Diamond Champions' Badge were made on July 10 during the couple's visit to Brecon:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **
Nice picture of Camilla. I love her brooch!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We now know that when it comes to diplomatic skills, Camilla is quite adept at it. As a true grandmother, she knew exactly how to handle the situation with a 22 month old. I thought it was so sweet that she got down to the child's level and instead of handing back the entire bouquet of flowers, she gave the little girl one. A good lesson in sharing. Totally priceless.
I bet she does . I love that she practiced the concept of 'sharing', that way everyone left happy.

Quote:

Here's an article with pictures about the mentioned tea party Camilla has hosted at the Ty Hafan children's hospice:

** walesonline.co.uk: Children and families from Ty Hafan hospice enjoy a royal tea with Duchess of Cornwall **
Lovely pictures and article! These memories will carry the children and their families through the tough times, I'm sure .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

We see a lot of that fabric (I think) in the US midwest - it is chenille, as in the bedspread - except that they use lovely yarn for the weaving and it is often a knit. It can be woven into different patterns (hence the appearance of corduroy)
For us, it is a fall-winter-spring fabric as current temps are hitting in the 90s-100s F plus. It is a great color on the Duchess.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
We see a lot of that fabric (I think) in the US midwest - it is chenille, as in the bedspread - except that they use lovely yarn for the weaving and it is often a knit. It can be woven into different patterns (hence the appearance of corduroy)
For us, it is a fall-winter-spring fabric as current temps are hitting in the 90s-100s F plus. It is a great color on the Duchess.
I can definitely attest to the fact that chenille is very much a comfort fabric too. Very soft and snuggley. At least the chenille sweater I have is and is one of my favorites.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-13-2012, 02:40 AM
Royal Highness

I thought it was crushed silk.

What are the 2 cords that dangle in front that are in some of the photos?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I thought it was crushed silk.

What are the 2 cords that dangle in front that are in some of the photos?
Prince Charles thread is closed for review, so this has nothing to do with this topic - it's a reply to you and I'll change my post when the other thread reopens (I think I can do that). I meant 40 years - when I first thought of the idea I lost a decade and ... Anyway, thank you. It's a bad error and needs to be fixed ASAP.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Clarence House@ClarenceHouse
On the eve of @London2012 (26th July) The Prince of Wales will host a @UKTI reception at ClarenceHouse #BritishBusiness
Old 07-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have arrived in Jersey today, July 18, 2012. They'll also visit Guernsey and Sark,

** zimbio/gettyimages: Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit The Channel Islands - Day One **

** BBC: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit Jersey **

** thisisjersey.com: A warm welcome for Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall **
Old 07-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Those pictures of Prince Charles climbing on traversing wall are just hilarious!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince Charles demonstrates his adventurous spirit on a visit to the Channel Islands and gets the giggles as he tries out an indoor climbing wall in a three-piece suit
Quote:
In his youth he was renowned as being something of an action man. And at the age of 63, Prince Charles demonstrates he has lost none of his adventurous spirit. Unfortunately for the future king, tackling a climbing wall in a double breasted suit and freshly-polished brogues proved just a challenge too far today. Charles, accompanied by his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, was on Jersey as part of a Diamond Jubilee visit to the Channel Islands, and the royal pair popped into Grainville Secondary School.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Majesty

I don't think I have to guess that His Highness had a blast climbing that wall . He may have relived some of his younger days during that activity. It's great that he's in such good shape and is able to do this, in a three-piece suit, no less. His smile, however, says it all. He really had a grand old time.

Another article from 'The Telegraph':

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...in-Jersey.html

Old 07-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

You just gotta love Prince Charles. How many royal gentlemen (or ladies) would have risked doing that, especially in his attire?
And for those who want to witness the Prince's wall-climbing abilities, here is a video.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Saumarez Park on July 19, 2012 in St Peter's Port, United Kingdom. The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are in Jersey as part of a Diamond Jubilee visit to the Channel Islands taking in Jersey, Guernsey and Sark.

LOADS of funny pictures today:
- Prince Charles and Camilla take part in a 'Parachute game'
- Prince of Wales tries his hand at plate spinning
- Camilla learns how to perform resuscitation
- Camilla in "grandmother mode"
- The Duchess meets a goat

Later, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Castle Cornet where the States of Guernsey pledged their loyalty to the Queen:
- Prince Charles and Camilla
- The Duchess of Cornwall

Gallery from Daylife
Gallery from Getty 1
Gallery from Getty 2
Old 07-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Great to see Charles and Camilla in Guernsey! I'm going there myself on holiday next week!
I liked the picture of Camilla meeting a goat, this is a Guernsey goat and like the Guernsey cow they are a lovely golden ginger colour!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Saumarez Park on July 19, 2012 in St Peter's Port, United Kingdom. The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are in Jersey as part of a Diamond Jubilee visit to the Channel Islands taking in Jersey, Guernsey and Sark.

LOADS of funny pictures today:
- Prince Charles and Camilla take part in a 'Parachute game'
- Prince of Wales tries his hand at plate spinning
- Camilla learns how to perform resuscitation
- Camilla in "grandmother mode"
- The Duchess meets a goat

Later, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Castle Cornet where the States of Guernsey pledged their loyalty to the Queen:
- Prince Charles and Camilla
- The Duchess of Cornwall

Gallery from Daylife
Gallery from Getty 1
Gallery from Getty 2
Great pictures . Seeing Their Highnesses play with a parachute was very amusing. Love the picture of His Highness spinning a plate, as well as the one of the Duchess having some quality time with a little one. She's great with kids, it's obvious.

Here's another video of His Highness doing some wall climbing from Tuesday's events:

Closed Thread