The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Commoner

Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall Attend Charity Race Day at Perth Racecourse

http://breakingnews.heraldscotland.c...1313850125707A

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/...th-racecourse/

Old 09-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've just been through the entire online engagements diary for the BRF which goes all the way up to the 8th December, now either someone's been lazy with the updating or POW and DOC have only 2 days of engagements in the 4 months. Not counting annual events.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Clarence House maintains its own diary here. I don't believe it usually goes very far into the future, though.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Usually both diaries, especially the full engagements diary, are updated correctly. But seeing as the Royal Events and Ceremonies website hasn't been updated (and I can't imagine Remembrance Day not occuring) something must be wrong on the sites.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Usually both diaries, especially the full engagements diary, are updated correctly. But seeing as the Royal Events and Ceremonies website hasn't been updated (and I can't imagine Remembrance Day not occuring) something must be wrong on the sites.
It could also be that as its the time for the BRF to take their summer sojourn to Scotland, its the logical time that staff also would be taking their summer vacations.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It could also be that as its the time for the BRF to take their summer sojourn to Scotland, its the logical time that staff also would be taking their summer vacations.
I'd accept that, if the calender for other members of the RF hadn't been updated in the past few days.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'd accept that, if the calender for other members of the RF hadn't been updated in the past few days.
Not only that but the PoW's website from Clarence House has been updated with 3 days' of engagements in the 1st week of September. So it's just the British Royal Family website run from Buckingham Palace that hasn't been updated with new Charles & Camilla's engagements. This doesn't surprise me as the BRF website is notorious for ignoring their engagements. In the past when they've been visiting abroad the BRF has often not mentioned the visit until after they've started it! And they can't claim its for security reasons as both the Queen's and Prince Wiliam's visits anywhere are always publicised months in advance & both of them are just as much terrorist targets as Charles & Camilla. Last year when Camilla visited my area the Palace press office didn't give it any advance publicity at all. I only found out by accident as I was shopping nearby, & her visit was months before the supposed student attack on the royal's car in December. I think the Palace offciails are still intent on keeping the couple out of the limelight.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaFay View Post
Not only that but the PoW's website from Clarence House has been updated with 3 days' of engagements in the 1st week of September. So it's just the British Royal Family website run from Buckingham Palace that hasn't been updated with new Charles & Camilla's engagements.
Those three days of engagements are also on the BRF website, there's nothing new on either website.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

So, who is minding the shop ???
Old 09-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attended the opening of the Wool Modern
exhibition to mark Wool Week 2011 at La Galleria on September 7, 2011 in London.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Today, September 8, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall arrived for a two-day visit
in Northern-Island. As one of their first events they visited Kilkeel harbour.

** Pic **

** BBC: Charles and Camilla arrive for two-day visit **

** enniscorthyguardian.ie: Prince meets old fisherman again **
Old 09-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Administrator

On day 2 of their visit to Northern Island the Duchess of Cornwall and the Prince of Wales
have visited Gracehill Old School and Moravian Church Hall, in Gracehill.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

** BBC: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit Gracehill **
Old 09-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

On day 2 of their visit to Northern Island the Duchess of Cornwall and the Prince of Wales

I love that they got to interact with the children.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Love these photos.... so sweet! As of late, I have really noticed that the POW seems to have a knack with kids...
Old 09-11-2011, 04:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Charles and Camilla were at the wedding on Ben Elliot,
Pippa¿s in the purple, Sophie¿s in the pink! Miss Dahl towers over Jamie on day of society weddings | Mail Online
Old 09-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Camilla's children have been present as well. Here are some more pics:

The Duchess of Cornwall the Prince of Wales at the wedding of Ben Elliot and Mary-Clare Winwood
at the church of St. Peter and St. Paul, Northleach on September 10, 2011 in Cheltenham.

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 09-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Commoner

great pictures, Charles looks happy :)

Laura Lopes could look so much better if she tried, though
Old 09-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles & Camilla attend the 9-11 memorial service at Grosvenor Square

Daily Mail
Old 09-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I was thinking this morning about which royals would attend this memorial service and i'm glad someone did. It is a shame after reading the article, to reach the comments and think are there really people out there that think these things? Even on the article about the American memorial service some of it is horrible. A real shame.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Royal Highness

Video from BBC news :

BBC News - 9/11 anniversary: Charles and PM at remembrance event
Old 09-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Here are some more pics of the ceremony today:

** daylife gallery ** BBC: In pictures: UK services mark 9/11 anniversary **