Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a panache weatherman! Charles really does have a voice made for the media and I loved his improvisations and gestures. Who would have thought he could make a weather report sound so interesting; he can deliver mine any day of the week. Camilla did well also; she has a lovely voice and stuck straight to the script.

I agree with you 100%. I added the video to my 'Favorites' on YouTube, and it'll be my go-to clip when I'm in a need of a laugh.

he was fantastic! Camilla was a little less good, she probaby doesn't like public speaking too much - it was very cute when Charles told her 'you don't have to, I promise you'

That was a very sweet gesture. It's lovely that Charles is aware of his wife's feelings regarding something like this, and that he's willing to take those feelings into account to make sure she's not uncomfortable.

Who the hell wrote this script? :D:D:D:D

Oh, the best point of the video by far :D :ROFLMAO:.

Green-fingered Duchess of Cornwall isn't afraid to get her hands dirty as she gets stuck in with gardening duties on city farm
The Duchess of Cornwall took to the streets yesterday for a spot of ‘urban gardening’. Despite wearing her priceless diamond engagement ring from Prince Charles, Camilla declined to use any gloves as she potted up plants and herbs at four small community sites across East London. A keen gardener herself, she volunteered her services as part of the first Chelsea Fringe Festival, inspired by last week’s world-famous Royal Horticultural Society flower show.

I just love the butterfly dress ensemble; really elegant, summery and beautiful. :)

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall received Australia's Governor General Quentin Bryce and her husband
Michael for a private meeting at Clarence House, London on June 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife **

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall received the Dalai Lama at Clarence House on June 20, 2012.
The exiled Buddhist Tibetan leader is taking part in a week long tour of the United Kingdom.

The pics of Charles and the Dalai Lama joking together are fantastic, on some of the pics Camilla looks a bit excluded
from that ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** gettyimages/zimbio: The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Meet The Dalai Lama **

** BBC: Charles embraces Dalai Lama at informal talks **

** telegraph.co.uk video: Prince Charles goes hand-in-hand with the Dalai Lama **

I LOVE this picture of Prince Charles and Dalai Lama. :D
Thanks for all the pictures and video, iceflower! :flowers:

The pics of Charles and the Dalai Lama joking together are fantastic, on some of the pics Camilla looks a bit excluded
from that ;)

Pic 2
Pic 3 **

telegraph.co.uk video: Prince Charles goes hand-in-hand with the Dalai Lama **

I don't think it's exclusion. For sure the Dalai Lama seemed to feel more at ease physically with Charles - perhaps because Charles was being more receptive. In the video the Dalai Lama is including Camilla but she does not seem receptive - quite. Interesting to watch. :cool: Funny moment when he takes her hand when they are on the couch - she seems surprised - totally clueless as to what is taking place between Charles and the Dalai Lama to her right.

It may be because Charles and the Dalai Lama have known each other for a number of years and, as the latter said, have been close friends ever since.
Camilla is unlikely to have the same warm relationship with him, at least not just yet.

'Best of friends': Dalai Lama and Prince Charles hold hands, touch heads and pat each other on the back during Clarence House visit
The Dalai Lama paid a heartfelt tribute to the Prince of Wales tonight describing him as a 'very close' friend after the two men held talks in London. The exiled Tibetan spiritual leader also urged Charles to carry on his work and in touching scenes the pair held hands, touched heads and patted each other on the back during their time together.

I just love the butterfly dress ensemble; really elegant, summery and beautiful. :)

If you mean THIS DRESS - I totally agree. On the whole I think Camilla has figured out - or been well-advised - what she likes, what looks good on her, what is comfortable to wear in public (with no surprises) - and lastly, what photographs well.

I just love her hats! :flowers:

If you mean THIS DRESS - I totally agree. On the whole I think Camilla has figured out - or been well-advised - what she likes, what looks good on her, what is comfortable to wear in public (with no surprises) - and lastly, what photographs well.

I just love her hats! :flowers:
That's the dress I meant, and I do love her hats as well.

Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Aung San Suu Kyi met Charles and Camilla at Clarence House today.

iceflower said:

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attended the second round men's singles match between
Switzerland's Roger Federer and Italy's Fabio Fognini on day 3 of the 2012 Wimbledon Championships tennis
tournament in London on June 27, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery *

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: The Championships - Wimbledon 2012: Day Three **

I don't recall Charles ever going to Wimbledon before. Camilla must have wanted to attend.

I posted about this in another thread before I realized Camilla was there too.

Apparently Camilla attended lunch with the members but Charles arrived separately afterwards. I believe the last time he attended Wimbledon was in 1970.......

From what i can see on TV it seems the Duchess is still there watching Danish Caroline Wozancki second round singles match - cant see Charles though so maybe he left early

Prince Charles meets tennis royalty on first visit to Wimbledon since 1970
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall met tennis royalty on Wednesday during Charles' first visit to Wimbledon in 42 years. Charles met former British number one Tim Henman, while Camilla, who arrived slightly earlier, chatted with former finalist Andy Roddick. They went on to take their seats in Centre Court's royal box, where they sat alongside Sir Bruce Forsyth and wife Wilnelia to watch Roger Federer take on Fabio Fognini, players who both took a bow before the match.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are on a three day trip to Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly as the Prince of Wales is celebrating 60 years as the Duke of Cornwall.

Today, July 2, they officially opened Heartlands, met staff, supporters and the local community involved in this community-led regeneration project and attended a garden party to celebrate Cornwall and to mark the 60th anniversary as the Duke of Cornwall.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Cornwall And The Isles Of Scilly - Day One **

** demotix.com: The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall officially open Heartlands **

** PA: Charles and Camilla visit Cornwall **

^^Great pics of both of them. Cornwall is just so beautiful, isn't it?

The Isles of Scilly usually get better weather than the rest of the UK given their southerly location, not today it would seem. It's a beautiful part of the world, and Charles actually owns the Isles as Duke of Cornwall.

Day 3 of the couple's visit!

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust officially opened the new headquarters, Newquay Airport, Newquay, the Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Regeneration Trust visited the Duchy Palace, Lostwithiel and together
they met cadets taking part in 'Exercise Independence' and cadets who have completed the Duke of Cornwall Community Safety
Award also in Lostwithiel.

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Cornwall And The Isles Of Scilly - Day Three **

Today, July 9, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall celebrated St Asaph's new City status by attending a Service of Thanksgiving in St Asaph, they've met craftsmen, traders, cookery school students and visitors during a visit to officially open
the new Bodnant Welsh Food Centre in Conwy Valley and in Aberystwyth, Ceredigion they met residents affected by the recent
flooding in Ceredigion and members of the emergency services involved in the rescue operation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** BBC: Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall at St Asaph cathedral **

** BBC video: Prince Charles and Camilla visit gets under way in St Asaph **

They went to RAF Valley to, William was taken off a scramble because of his father's visit. Catherine and Camilla had tea while the tour of the grounds was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom