The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As someone with a number of friends and family in their late 70s and early 80s there is no way Charles looks as old as that.

He looks what he is - early to mid 60s.
If Prince Charles were able to get his hair coloured and have the beauty treatments available to us girls it would probably knock years off him.. he just needs a bit of colour

Old 07-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The Prince of Wales had sent a hand-written letter to each family that had suffered loss.

Camilla sheds tsunami tears at unveiling of Indian Ocean disaster memorial | News

Old 07-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Touching article!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Majesty

Spletnik -Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, attended unveiling of the memorial
Old 07-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have been in Devon today, July 11, and attended
several events. A visit to the Devon town of Salcombe has been part of the programme.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages/indigo ** reuters/daylife gallery ** belga gallery **

Harry Potter has been one topic of conversation today

** Harry Potter end is "awful" says Prince Charles **
Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Aristocracy

LOL at Pic 2. This is what I like about the DoC, she seems like a normal person and will probably laugh about this pic, too.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

Sadly, it was expected :

Prince Charles and Camilla 'most high profile phone hacking victims' | Mail Online
Old 07-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
My respect for Charles continues to grow and grow. (I second his sentiment!). I hope the phone hacking story is not true.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited the Eden project in celebration of its 10th
anniversary, Bodelva, Cornwall and opened a new Visitors’ Centre at the Duchy Nursery, Lostwithiel,
Cornwall today, July 12.

The Eden Project showcases plants from around the world in two transparent domes, each recreating
different climate conditions.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **
Old 07-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I do like Camilla's new summer frocks. Very nice on her. As for the phone hacking, do the users of cellphones not know that they are not telephones, but radio transmissions? Nothing important should ever be discussed on a mobile.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I do like Camilla's new summer frocks. Very nice on her. As for the phone hacking, do the users of cellphones not know that they are not telephones, but radio transmissions? Nothing important should ever be discussed on a mobile.
Sorry to be out of topic,maybe I've mentioned something new for me,but what does it imply "radio transmissions" for cellphones?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, July 13, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have visited the
Great Yorkshire Show, Harrogate, Yorkshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery ** belga gallery **
Old 07-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Love pics 3 and 4! The look on the POW's face in both pics, and the guy in the background of Pic 4 with the huge chompers!
Old 07-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

He's in his element ..... all those prime bullocks .... and organic food....
http://www.greatyorkshireshow.co.uk/...11-show-diary/
Old 07-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall hosted a lunchtime reception in the
grounds of their Gloucestershire home for servicemen and women who have been wounded
in action over the last couple of years, July 22, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 07-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

What a nice thing to do! Love Pic 2!
Old 07-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Indeed it was a very lovely thing to do.

They both look fabulous. I like the green on Camilla.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday, July 13, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have visited the
Great Yorkshire Show, Harrogate, Yorkshire.

Pic 2 **
Love Camilla's outfit. The lighting is good in this picture.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Sorry to be out of topic,maybe I've mentioned something new for me,but what does it imply "radio transmissions" for cellphones?
To intercept a normal phone line you need to be able to touch it - so you need access to it at some place between the two people talking. With a mobile you need to be able to catch the transmission and hack the code which is used to encript the talk. DECT has been hacked already some years ago, so using a mobile phone is not secure anymore. But IMHO it is easier to listen into a conversation coming via phone line from a Royal palace if you have access to the phone system than intercept cell phone conversations.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:27 AM
Courtier

I agree Tyger, a much better shade for Camilla. I am so glad that they have come to realise that being a monarch is NOT just about wearing oversized jewels and tiaras.

Closed Thread