Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Today, February 7, 2012, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess visited the Charles Dickens Museum and attended
a ceremony at Westminster Abbey to mark the bicentenary of the birth of Charles Dickens. The Prince of Wales
also laid a wreath on the grave of Charles Dickens, who is buried in Westminster Abbey, London.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The 200th Anniversary Of The Birth Of Charles Dickens Is Celebrated Throughout The UK **

** mirror.co.uk: Prince Charles pays tribute to Charles Dickens as "one of the greatest" on 200th anniversary of writer's birth **

** BBC: Prince Charles leads Charles Dickens celebrations **

** PA: Charles leads Dickens thanksgiving **

Thank you for posting Iceflower.

I was very impressed by the sincerity of both Charles & Camilla. I especially thought Camilla's actions in sending vouchers privately was a wonderful thing to do.

I hope the media give it the attention it deserves but I doubt it somehow.

I agree with VictoriaB too. She is doing really great work that deserves attention.

Camilla seems to have a knack for being discreet which I admire, it's a great quality, especially given her position.

Good for them! There's more and more to admire about this couple, especially Camilla.

Good for them! There's more and more to admire about this couple, especially Camilla.

I'm in full agreement. My esteem for them rises with each appearance and article. Camila has risen in my book as a royal and an individual. She does a great deal of good, and it's evident that she has a big heart and loves to help those who are in need.

From the website of the Norwegian Royal Court
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visit Norway on March 20-22.
kongehuset.no - Offisielt besøk fra Storbritannia
Google translation

From the website of the Swedish Royal Court:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visit Sweden on March 22-24.
The visit is part of a trip to the Scandinavian countries and will be held on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II took the British throne.
Prinsen av Wales besöker Sverige - Sveriges Kungahus
Google translation

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as all three threads are closed, I thought I'd post my excitement for the Scandinavian tour here. Lovely to finally see some interaction, although surprised that they are going in connection with the Jubilee.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have visited the Isle of Man as part of the Diamond
Jubilee celebrations today, April 26.

They've visited the 'Team Royal London 360 Isle of Man Cycling Club' at the National Sports Centre,
they've paid a visit to the House of Manannan in Peel and the Isle of Man Food Park as well as to
the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) Peel Lifeboat Station.

** BBC: In pictures: Royals visit Isle of Man **

** itv.com: Charles in Isle Of Man **

** huffingtonpost.co.uk: Prince Charles And Camilla Visit Isle Of Man Ahead Of Queen's Jubilee **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery: Camillan ja Charlesin "maakuntakierros" **

Last edited:
As well as the Isle of Man, Charles and Camilla were in my part of the world today. They visited St George's Church in Belfast. Charles last visited the church over 20 years ago when it had been devastated by bombs during the Troubles. It's renovation is now almost complete.

Britains Prince Charles And His Wife Camilla Listen To The

Charles also told one of those present that he's currently learning Arabic.

BBC News - Prince of Wales given Irish prayer book gift in Belfast

Always nice to see royals popping 'across the water' to see us.

Looks like C&C got some pretty dire weather!

Love that first pic you posted, iceflower! They seem to be enjoying themselves, although there's a pretty miserable chap to their right!

Thanks for all the updated, iceflower. :)
EIIR, that picture is hilarious! It almost looks as though they are presiding over a knighting ceremony: with this bread-cutter I knight thee Sir Bread of Irwin bakery! :D

Last edited:
Soda bread's pretty nice but I wouldn't say it was deserving of a knighthood!

They seem to have great fun together and I'm glad that they've popped over for a few days.

I love the picture of Charles and Camila at the bread factory. Their smiles say it all :D. It does indeed look as if they're knighting the bread (or are about to give it a nice whack with the cleavers :lol:). Also, want to add that the dragonfly brooches the Duchess is wearing are absolutely gorgeous.

Good luck for them..It was 7 years ago,Charles and Camilla married.Many peoples mocking both of them,but who cares?.Charles is good and has good responbilty although little awkward and strange.Hm,maybe this is just my feeling,Camilla like his nanny rather than as wife:ermm:

The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay took a royal salute from Armed Forces and Royal British Legion members during a march at the Palace of Holyroodhouse on May 9, 2012 in Edinburgh, Scotland. Prince Charles and Camilla are undertaking various engagements in Edinburgh and Glasgow as part of Their Royal Highnesses' annual Holyrood Week.

- The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay taking a royal salute
- The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay on the Royal Mile
- The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay
Gallery from Daylife

Camilla looks very nice, and Prince Charles cuts quite a dashing figure in a uniform. :)

Last edited:
Its interesting to note how much time C&C spend in Scotland each year.

Love the video, thanks MagMil! :)
Prince Charles looked quite professional. LOVED the "Aha!" at 0:44 and "Who the hell wrote this script" at 0:51. :D

Prince Charles and Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall read the weather in the Six O'Clock studio whilst on a tour of the BBC Scotland Headquarters in Glasgow, Scotland. They also met staff to celebrate sixty years of BBC Scotland Television Thursday May 10, 2012.

- Prince Charles and Camilla
- Prince Charles reading the weather in the Six O'Clock studio

Last edited:
Charles's weather bulletin was absolutely fantastic! He's such a good sport, and did pretty well too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom