Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who does the "they" refer to?:previous:
More than that, what is Daisy talking about? Big jewels and tiaras? If it's another moan about Camilla's tiara's best take it up with HM. She's the one that gave them to Camilla!

The Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall hosted a lunchtime reception in the
grounds of their Gloucestershire home for servicemen and women who have been wounded
in action over the last couple of years, July 22, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Thank you. These pictures, and particularly those with Cpl Ricky Ferguson are very moving. I recall a posting about Charles sending 153 handwritten letters to families that lost loved ones in the tsunami. His kindness and committment are truly remarkable. What is most striking is that he and Camilla seemed to have really taken their time to speak to these soldiers and their families and connect with them as individuals. Very touching.

Thank you. These pictures, and particularly those with Cpl Ricky Ferguson are very moving. I recall a posting about Charles sending 153 handwritten letters to families that lost loved ones in the tsunami. His kindness and committment are truly remarkable. What is most striking is that he and Camilla seemed to have really taken their time to speak to these soldiers and their families and connect with them as individuals. Very touching.

You are most welcome, and I totally agree with you about that!

Here are today's pics without watermarks, although the gettyimages gallery itself is a bit misleading,
Charles and Camilla both attended events in Birmingham, but not together.

** zimbio/gettyimages: Prince Charles and Camilla Visit Birmingham **

That really is very touching. Ah but I forgot, these two are cold and emotionless...

Yesterday, July 26, the Prince of Wales as Patron of Music in Country Churches and the Duchess
of Cornwall attended a concert at the Church of All Saints, Thornham, Norfolk.

** Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall are guests of honour at Music in Country Churches concert at Thornham **

Today, July 27, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Prince of Wales attended the 130th Sandringham
Flower Show
in Sandringham.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery ** zimbio gallery **

** BBC: In pictures: Sandringham Flower Show 2011 **

** edp24: Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visit Sandringham flower show **

Last edited:
We need electric eco-bikes? I prefer pedal power.

We need electric eco-bikes? I prefer pedal power.
These bikes are no scooters or motocycles - the electric motor only works on pedalling and helps people who are not sooo sporty to ride with others, more experienced cyclists and give an easy introduction into the fun of biking. Where I live flat parts of streets are rare - the streets go up and down, but mostly up and tourists are very glad as they are not used to these streets or biking tracks if they can rent such eco bikes.

The woman in photo #6 looks very much like the great actress, Maggie Smith.

Charles and Camilla look like they're having a lot of fun and I do like her suit.

Yes, it is Maggie Smith.
Charles seems to be having a blast, and he likes corgis too!

That really is very touching. Ah but I forgot, these two are cold and emotionless...

Charles and Camilla are probably the royals one comes to like more as they know more. (Well, at least, that's the case with me.) :)

Charles and Camilla are probably the royals one comes to like more as they know more. (Well, at least, that's the case with me.) :)

Same here. :flowers: Totally agree. What a joy to watch - they do wear well (not the case with others). One of the few couples, both singly and as a couple, that I'd love to have conversation with over a sit-down meal.

Say what you will about their past lives, they seem to be some people that I personally could have a good time with some afternoon. They are sincere and I think that counts for a lot, at least with me.

I'd definately like to have tea with Camilla. I bet she'd be big fun. For some reason, I think she would have a quick and wicked sense of humor. Perfect for a fun afternoon.

Last edited:
:previous:

Good for them ! A very strong gesture imo.

A very lovely thing to do. Camilla look gorgeous! I love the color, the cut, everything.

That was such a nice for them to do and I'm sure that their visit lifted the spirits of those they met.

London riots: Prince Charles and Camilla hugged by families who lost their homes to fires during riots | Mail Online

Its good that he visits and he has already done a lot through Princes Trust but still I think the "cry for help" statement is a bit out of touch. It clearly showed that it was rather a "cry for Plasma-TVs", as stated in the article. It wasnt protest but the attitude to have what everybody seems entited to - no need to work hard for it, like the royals or politicians give example every day.
Because those yobs didnt have the black amex they went shopping with the flamethrower instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom