Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 25: September 2008-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am under the impression that Charles and Camilla go down early and have a weekend with their friends there before the Queen and Duke arrive.

Thank you Iluvbertie

Last edited:
Are they all at Sandringham for Christmas already ?

Its not unusual for C&C to spend a weekend at Sandringham around this time of the year, before returning back to London to resume their work, and then they return to Sandringham again around Christmas.

Its not unusual for C&C to spend a weekend at Sandringham around this time of the year, before returning back to London to resume their work, and then they return to Sandringham again around Christmas.

Yes & then the following day (Boxing Day) Camilla (always) and Charles (usually, although not last year) return to Gloucestershire for Camilla to entertain her family before going to Birkhall to celebrate New Year/Hogmanay.

coat color?

Royals enjoy frosty stroll to church
December 8

The Duchess of Cornwall, wearing a Lovett-coloured coat, green boots and a grey tweed hat left Sandringham church with Prince Charles who was wearing his camel coat.

EDP24 - Royals enjoy a frosty stroll to church

What on earth is Lovett-coloured? Black and grey or something that would refer to Sweeney Todd? I know what Alice-blue is and other odd color terms but can't say I've heard Lovett-coloured.

What on earth is Lovett-coloured? Black and grey or something that would refer to Sweeney Todd? I know what Alice-blue is and other odd color terms but can't say I've heard Lovett-coloured.

Good question! I have absolutely no idea. Google hasn't helped me, either. Maybe Lyle Lovett has a favourite colour that we don't know about. One of the locals will probably come on soon and post an answer showing how ignorant we are. :lol:

Last edited:
More quotes from EDP24 - Royals enjoy a frosty stroll to Sandringham church naming some of Charles and Camilla's house guests:

Among the guests at the weekend house party were the former King and Queen of Greece, King Constantine II and Queen Anne-Marie and the Conservative MP Nicholas Soames.
The Queen's first cousin Princess Alexandra was also in the church party and chatted to well-wishers in the small crowd.

Thanks, Elspeth & Skydragon. :flowers: I'm always learning things here.

That is a lovely colour for the Duchess.

Pics 11.12.2008

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attend the Royal
Variety Performance at the London Palladium on December 11, 2008 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attend the Royal
Variety Performance at the London Palladium on December 11, 2008 in London, England.

thanks iceflower for the pictures , the duchess lokks great in this dress :wub:i think she like this colour ;and she looks beautful in it:wub:.
but it is a new necklice , i didn't see it before !

The colour is absolutely suiting the Duchess and the dress is really royal. However the decolletage is a tad too daring and brings to mind another display of a royal chest.:nonono:

Her dress is beautiful, and its a beautiful color for her, but what is up with those sleeves???There is soooooo much material.......And the top part does not look like it's fitted properly. Or maybe it was fitted properly and her posture is not what it's supposed to be???!!!

Well, if you've got it flaunt it and who said a woman over 60 can't be sexy? Camilla has two big assets (ooh matron), by which I mean she has stunning legs and breasts that don't look like spaniel's ears so why shouldn't she be a bit daring with the cleavage? I think HRH constantly shows that women shouldn't be consigned to a burkha when they tap on the door of the big 6-0. I love this dress, the colour and the cut. Camilla looks fabulous and her smile shows she feels comfortable and happy. Sadly the smile probably dropped after the show. It used to be fun but nowadays the Royal Variety Performance is about as entertaining as watching Elizabeth Taylor inhale a Big Mac.

You are right about age not being a factor and she does look nice. The gown is teriffic. Great color, doesn't look like a bag. But, in deference to her cleavage, either she is hanging down or out. If that push up bra let go, she'd break her knees. There is a happy medium.

What an amazing dress! HRH looks stunning.

Pics from IBL
Camilla Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles 80th Royal Variety Performance at the London Palladium, London, Britain - 11 Dec 2008
Gallery 1
Gallery 2

Pics from IBL
Camilla Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles 80th Royal Variety Performance at the London Palladium, London, Britain - 11 Dec 2008
Gallery 1
Gallery 2

Awesome dress. The Duchess does look great. Thanks for the pics!

Out with the dull frumpy clothes. Camilla seemed to be saying "I'm sixty and I'm fabulous"And this was much better hair, jewerly, and dress than PHILLY (see Nico's post). In closing "You go girl"

That blue certainly looks good on her. The change in Camilla since her marriage is phenomenal. I rther liked the jewellery too.

Out with the dull frumpy clothes. Camilla seemed to be saying "I'm sixty and I'm fabulous"And this was much better hair, jewerly, and dress than PHILLY (see Nico's post). In closing "You go girl"

To wear a full-fleged Vivienne Westwood-eveninggown you need to be queen-material: either a drag queen or the future queen of the Uk. She really dominates the dress and commands it to her advantage. Great, madam!

It's so deliciously pompous, reminiscent of the times when a Royal event was still full of pomp and glory, like the days when the Queen and her mother used to wear gowns with a crinoline-style skirt and lots of jewels instead of the more modest eveningdresses HM prefers today. OH, I can see the times of Queen Mary coming back when Royal ladies looked her part.

Last edited:
12 DECEMBER 2008
She's a big fan of the creations of London design duo Robinson Valentine, but for a night out at the Royal Variety Performance the Duchess of Cornwall had chosen another home-grown fashion name -Vivienne Westwood.

Camilla stunning in Vivienne Westwood at Royal Variety Show

I totally agree with you, milla :flowers:

Here's another part of Camilla's and Charles' visit to Dorchester:

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales watches some Duchy Original chocolates
being made on the production line at the Dorchester Chocolate Factory
on December 12, 2008 in Dorchester, England

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom