Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 25: September 2008-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carla Bruni is certainly not a striking lady for such a commemorative event. I adore the Duchess of Cornwall's black outfit, complete with poppies and black hat. Carla, with boots and half a copy of her state visit to Britain earlier in the year, it seems whether she has no clothes for such occasions. The trouser suit, worn on the night before the commorations, for the private dinner was a complete disaster. It looks like a smoking for men.

This, as you might expect from The Daily Mail -

As Prince Charles enters his sixth decade, it seems the heir to the throne has for years been mimicking the dress sense and style of his wife Camilla - and vice versa.
A dogged public campaigner, Prince Charles is regularly photographed arm-in-arm with Camilla around the globe, from a market in London to a village in Pakistan

The House of Twinsor: How Charles and Camilla are turning into each other | Mail Online

It appears none of their reporters wanted to put his/her name to it!:whistling:
By Daily Mail Reporter

The House of Twinsor: How Charles and Camilla are turning into each other | Mail Online
It appears none of their reporters wanted to put his/her name to it!:whistling:
I am glad to see them both so happy. they do look very comfortable with each other in a way Charles and Diana never really did.we can see that he and Camilla are so happy and should have been together from the beginning. now ...Charles has the right lady beside him...:wub:
God bless them both. May they live happily ever after:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we can conclude from this that the new presidents staff ain't that good at planning. lol

Prince Charles and President Sarkozy late for armistice service - Telegraph
I am surprised at this report from the Telegraph, have they had a change of editor? It has been publicised that the German chancellor was not there due to an engagement elsewhere, perhaps the Welsh should complain that Charles was in France. It was unfortunate if they were late, but it is not going to matter too much to the men they were there to honour, something that seems to be forgotten by so many. Who have they 'let down'?

Isn´t anyone else amused by all the stories about the surprise party Camilla is giving her husband? Surprise, does she think he can´t read. Surprise party is on nearly every newspaper you care to look at and also Point de Vue. Do you think he will walk in and make a surprised face? "Darling, I never expected such a surprise!"

it was such a nice ocassion to see both couples and the two consorts interacting together. i think carla looked great, but it's maybe a very subjective opinion.

I am surprised at this report from the Telegraph, have they had a change of editor? It has been publicised that the German chancellor was not there due to an engagement elsewhere, perhaps the Welsh should complain that Charles was in France. It was unfortunate if they were late, but it is not going to matter too much to the men they were there to honour, something that seems to be forgotten by so many. Who have they 'let down'?

I feel they have let down everyone who was there attending the service just for starters. The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. If you're not there for 11 o'clock, why bother to turn up at all, you've missed the important moment..

Last edited:
I feel they have let down everyone who was there attending the service just for starters. The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. If you're not there for 11 o'clock, why bother to turn up at all, you've missed the important moment..

There must have been a reason for it. Can't just be Camilla slapping on the war paint!

thanks giov for the links :flowers:
the duchess looks great in this colore , this is the second time she wear this color this month , the first was in the japan banquet ; i think she like the blue royal !!!nice choice Camilla , you are a glamour royal lady:wub:

Wanted to post these at Charles's birthday thread,but since that is closed,till tomorrow I presume,I post them here.:)

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

November 3

The Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall spent an hour talking to the soldiers and presenting them with their medals before joining them at a reception

Pictures of courage: Britain's injured war heroes struggle to their feet to be honoured by Charles and Camilla | Mail Online

Prince of Wales presents medals to Paratroopers who fought in Afghanistan - Telegraph

( I think there are really great pics with the royal couple and the brave soldiers...although i know that it is most important to talk about the feather at the head of Camilla...:whistling:...)

( I think there are really great pics with the royal couple and the brave soldiers...although i know that it is most important to talk about the feather at the head of Camilla...:whistling:...)
Thank you for the articles milla Ca, our soldiers are incredibly brave, but I might be a little biased! :flowers:

It's so horrible about the guy who lost both legs, though.

Yes, but this is not the Prince's fault. He at least tries to give them an open proof that they are brave men, that there is a sense in their lost, that for him as the symbol of his country their suffering is not meaningless. it might be "just a medal" but there's a spiritual sense in it and I believe the prince hopes that those rewarded can feel it in the hard times they are going to live through.

The BBC video of the young man who lost both legs and an arm made me cry. All he wants is to stand on his own and to get back to work.
These young people who join the service don't do it for something to do. They have real partriotism for their countries and they deserve our support.
I think the POW is doing a service by highlighting what these young people are going thru.

I think Camilla looks great, and Charles always looks good in uniform. :flowers:

This is not the place to start a heated discussion on the attributes of war.
The offending posts have been removed.

The BBC video of the young man who lost both legs and an arm made me cry. All he wants is to stand on his own and to get back to work.
These young people who join the service don't do it for something to do. They have real partriotism for their countries and they deserve our support.
I think the POW is doing a service by highlighting what these young people are going thru.
Which is why I asked if PC has a trust for them to help them out. Over here, I don't know about elsewhere, but I'd hire a vet in an instant, they come already trained and highly disciplined. I think this is why the RF has so many soldiers in their ranks: THey know what is their duty to the crown.

Which is why I asked if PC has a trust for them to help them out. Over here, I don't know about elsewhere, but I'd hire a vet in an instant, they come already trained and highly disciplined. I think this is why the RF has so many soldiers in their ranks: THey know what is their duty to the crown.
The MOD has a programme of retraining but many rely on their 'mates' in the Regiment. The Royal British Legion seem to offer the most help, but many are left to struggle through the benefits system (and they are apparently complete b******ds). The minute injuries compensation award most of them get, is taken back by the system. Charles and Camilla visit and help where they can, (letters, bottles of whisky, visits) but apart from the Legion and Help for Heroes, there is not a specific charity for each and every regiment.

Wow.
Well bully for PC and DOC for helping where they can!

Holy Schnikies pic #2 sure has Harry looking like Charles!!

I've always thought that Harry looks far more like Charles (other than the Spencer red coloring) than William, who is a Spencer totally in looks. Harry has a strong resemblance to both Charles and QEII, the close, deep set eyes, the shape of his brows, the thin straight lipped mouth...

There was a poster on a royal message board who mentioned that William also takes after the Mountbattens. Around the same time as I read this, someone gave me a book on the Mountbattens (Prince Louis, Lord Louis, and Prince Philip); Prince William would fit right in with the latter two in terms of body type, face shape, and his grandfather's blonde hair. I also agree that he looks like the Spencers, and sometimes he resembles Prince Andrew and Peter Philips (perhaps that's the Mountbatten jaw).:flowers:

I've always thought that Harry looks far more like Charles (other than the Spencer red coloring) than William, who is a Spencer totally in looks. Harry has a strong resemblance to both Charles and QEII, the close, deep set eyes, the shape of his brows, the thin straight lipped mouth...

Are they all at Sandringham for Christmas already ?

Are they all at Sandringham for Christmas already ?

I am under the impression that Charles and Camilla go down early and have a weekend with their friends there before the Queen and Duke arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom