Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 25: September 2008-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps she is not terribly keen on Emeralds.:D

Hmmmm.... except that she has used the cabouchon emerald earrings and a number of emerald brooches from the QM on nuber of occassions. My guess is that perhaps the emeralds she received from the Saudi's were in a setting not to her liking, and she has not had them redone yet.

In comparison to many of the other items appearing in the list, the brevity of the description and lack of detail in "a set of jewellery" seems deliberately vague.
We may not see whatever it is for some time; Prince Al-Waleed presented Camilla with three "sets" of jewels when she and the POW visited Saudi Arabia: one sapphire, one ruby and one emerald. We've seen the first two (remember the "ruby breastplate necklace"?) but have yet to sight the third.
But Warren, the DOC gets to KEEP these jewels, does she not? As compared to a gift to Condi Rice as Secretary of State?

But Warren, the DOC gets to KEEP these jewels, does she not? As compared to a gift to Condi Rice as Secretary of State?

If I am not mistaken, these will be gifts to the DoC, and not to Camilla per se, so they will become a part of the royal collection permanently. The difference between Condi and Camilla is Condi has now left office (and hence, the gifts!), and Camilla is not expected to leave office in her lifetime.

If they were gifts to Camilla in an individual capacity, they would be taxable.

:previous:
So really we won't know if they were treated as personal gifts or state gifts, until next years tax return is published! :ROFLMAO:

Still, the main thing is Camilla gets to wear them regardless and if her daughters/in law are anything like mine, they wouldn't wear them anyway! :whistling::ROFLMAO:

:previous:
So really we won't know if they were treated as personal gifts or state gifts, until next years tax return is published! :ROFLMAO:

Still, the main thing is Camilla gets to wear them regardless and if her daughters/in law are anything like mine, they wouldn't wear them anyway! :whistling::ROFLMAO:

If I was in Camilla's shoes, I would let the gifts go to the royal collection, as she can use them as she pleases for life, without having to pay any taxes.

No comments re daughters in law, just in case yours (or mine) are reading!:)

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visit Businesses in London, 23/01/2009.
Gallery Getty

Funnily, I was in Jermyn St (where Paxton & whitfield, one of the businesses TRH visited) earlier today. I could see some crowds futher down the street, but ignored it all and popped into Waterstones after I finished my work there!!

A few more pics from today with less watermarks :)

HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles meet locals as
they tour Hereford Cathederal on January 30, 2009 in Hereford, England.
The Prince is Chairman of the Hereford Cathederal Perpetual Trust and
today announced that he would continue his patronage for a further
five years. The royal couple listened to a performance from the
Cathederal Choir as well as meeting staff involved in the restoration
of the building.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thank you all for the pictures and article. :flowers: They both look so relaxed, with quite a few people there. I do like that brooch, simple but striking.:flowers:

Camilla looks lovely in that blue coat ensemble, but was it warm enough, Charles is wearing a very warm coat.

of the building.

Picture two is very nice. The press always writes how Camilla relaxes P. Charles and makes him laugh but I think that picture is one that shows how she enjoys listening to him.

of the building.

nice pictures , but it is a new broche for the duchess ? i didn't see it before ? can someone told me the source ?
You could explain away the well-worn coats on the grounds of comfort.
But such shabby shoes are an unmistakable sign that the Royals are feeling the credit crunch.
Prince Charles and Camilla seemed to have rummaged deep into their closets for a visit to Hereford Cathedral yesterday.

How one is coping with the credit crunch: Prince Charles recycles shoes | Mail Online
Good for them. It shows they are not worried by such petty things. They are setting an example to all of us. it would be great to see the young royals following his example:cool:
Generally speaking old shoes are more comfortable than new ones:whistling:

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have arrived in Northern Ireland for a one-day visit.
The couple stopped off at the harbour in Glenarm, County Antrim, where they discussed the re-launch of Glenarm Organic Salmon

BBC NEWS | Northern Ireland | Royal couple on one-day NI visit

One of the UK's most avid supporters of country sports, Prince Charles has thrown his weight behind the re-birth of a troubled Co Antrim salmon fishery

Northern Ireland News - Royal Visitors Back Glenarm Salmon's Relaunch

:previous: Thank you giov.:flowers:

Someone has told Charles to wear a different coat!:D

:previous: Thank you giov.:flowers:

Someone has told Charles to wear a different coat!:D
:lol: don't worry skydragon , i wll try to mention your demande in one of my letters to the duchess camilla ;)
the duchess looks great :flowers: she is wearing my favorite scarf again ;)

Pics 4.2.2009

Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall and Britain's Prince Charles visit the
Dawoodi Bohra Mosque in Northolt, Middlesex, on February 4, 2009.

Numbering over a million and settled in over 40 countries, the Shiah
Fatemi Ismaili Tayyibi Dawoodi Bohras are a denomination of Islam
with a distinct identity, culture and ethos that preserves their Islamic
beliefs while aiming to integrate and assimilate with the cultural fabrics
of the countries in which they have made their homes. There are over
6,000 Dawoodi Bohras in the UK.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Last edited:
:previous: I agree Skydragon!:flowers: It is a nice queenly wave!:wave:

A few more pics from Mediumphoto
Gallery

Thank You. :flowers: That is a very queenly wave! :whistling:
-------------------------
i agree too with you skydragon ; this picture is my favorite from the gallery :flowers:
nice outfit for camilla and a nice scarf too ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom