Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 25: September 2008-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Laura or Sara encouraged her to take a walk on the wild side! :D
Maybe she met Viv and liked her and decided to help a friend out. It's quite a compliment to Westwood (whose "typical" designs generally don't appeal to me either) to have Camilla promote her at such a big event. It's a very dignified compliment to the designer which is maybe a change? I am guessing most of Westwood's clients are not royalty?? Her style seems more like for people in the fashion world and entertainment industry. But that's just a guess of course! Thanks for the pics!!!! :angel:

It's so deliciously pompous, reminiscent of the times when a Royal event was still full of pomp and glory, like the days when the Queen and her mother used to wear gowns with a crinoline-style skirt and lots of jewels instead of the more modest eveningdresses HM prefers today. OH, I can see the times of Queen Mary coming back when Royal ladies looked her part.

I can't wait for a little Queen Mary type of style, either!:flowers:

Geez, all that guy said was she is "not hot," I mean in front of Prince Charles, that was rude and just mean, but it's not a story worth cyberspace or newsprint. He should not have said it but it's his business, his opinion.

Ladies and gentlemen , live from my garbage : the Daily Mail or "how some overpaid and self-proclaimed "journalists" made stories from nothing"

BBC in new taste row after Graham Norton makes 'not hot' jibe at Camilla... in front of Prince Charles | Mail Online

From the article: "Norton said: "And there you have the *****cat Dolls singing to the prince, 'Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" The gag had Britain's Got Talent winner George Sampson, 15, in hysterics - but it is not known how Prince Charles reacted."

I bet he wispered to Camilla: "Whatever "hot" means"... :D

Well, if you've got it flaunt it and who said a woman over 60 can't be sexy? Camilla has two big assets (ooh matron), by which I mean she has stunning legs and breasts that don't look like spaniel's ears so why shouldn't she be a bit daring with the cleavage? I think HRH constantly shows that women shouldn't be consigned to a burkha when they tap on the door of the big 6-0. I love this dress, the colour and the cut. Camilla looks fabulous and her smile shows she feels comfortable and happy. Sadly the smile probably dropped after the show. It used to be fun but nowadays the Royal Variety Performance is about as entertaining as watching Elizabeth Taylor inhale a Big Mac.

Gyles Brandreth in his book about Elizabeth and Philip described their pain on having to watch a Royal Variety Performance and why they were so pained: funny read. i bet it's the same for Charles and Camilla.

This dress was so beautiful and grand that I was surprised it was by Vivienne Westwood. Camilla looked wonderful in it, and the blue colour really brought out her eyes nicely.:)

12 DECEMBER 2008
She's a big fan of the creations of London design duo Robinson Valentine, but for a night out at the Royal Variety Performance the Duchess of Cornwall had chosen another home-grown fashion name -Vivienne Westwood.

Camilla stunning in Vivienne Westwood at Royal Variety Show

Vivienne Westwood can make the most gorgeous clothes and whether they are outrageous or not, the cut and work are always impeccable. Once I saw a crinoline she had made for an ad for a carpet company, in fact the dress was made from carpet and it was absolutely gorgeous. I thought Camilla looked wonderful and I am pleased that she chose Vivienne W.

I've seen mostly her "outrageous" work, which definitely isn't to my taste. I'm sure that she's a wonderful designer, though.:flowers:

Vivienne Westwood can make the most gorgeous clothes and whether they are outrageous or not, the cut and work are always impeccable. Once I saw a crinoline she had made for an ad for a carpet company, in fact the dress was made from carpet and it was absolutely gorgeous. I thought Camilla looked wonderful and I am pleased that she chose Vivienne W.

Not to mine either Mermaid, I think that Camilla was very brave, but V.W´s work is beautifully made........

Well, if you've got it flaunt it and who said a woman over 60 can't be sexy? Camilla has two big assets (ooh matron), by which I mean she has stunning legs and breasts that don't look like spaniel's ears so why shouldn't she be a bit daring with the cleavage? I think HRH constantly shows that women shouldn't be consigned to a burkha when they tap on the door of the big 6-0. I love this dress, the colour and the cut. Camilla looks fabulous and her smile shows she feels comfortable and happy. Sadly the smile probably dropped after the show. It used to be fun but nowadays the Royal Variety Performance is about as entertaining as watching Elizabeth Taylor inhale a Big Mac.
Camilla definitely knows how to flaunt her assets!! Mamma mia!!!!! :ROFLMAO: Or rather, Mamma Milla!

I was never a fan of Camilla's before her marriage, but I find she does tend to grow on one! She seems to have taken on her role with an increasing sense of dignity and style. It makes me wonder what would have happened had she and Prince Charles married years ago.

You are right about age not being a factor and she does look nice. The gown is teriffic. Great color, doesn't look like a bag. But, in deference to her cleavage, either she is hanging down or out. If that push up bra let go, she'd break her knees. There is a happy medium.

D of C is looking sensational for 60, but that push up bra is a bit severe

Aw I wish their Christmas card could show their family too, their four children, children's spouses, and the two grandkids. That's a nice picture on the Duchess of C ferry though.

I agree, it´s a great pic for the Christmas card and their choice of a photo with a ´private´ moment tells us so much more about them and their loving relationsship than any ´official´ pic could do. :wub:

nice choise for the royal couple !
i agree with the previouse postes , they look happy and in a privet moment.
i was thinking that the photo of the christmas card wll be from the 60 birthday of the prince !

I agree, it´s a great pic for the Christmas card and their choice of a photo with a ´private´ moment tells us so much more about them and their loving relationsship than any ´official´ pic could do. :wub:

And it's a signal how happy they are that Cornwall has a Duchess after so many years/decades/centuries without one! She really made that title her own and it sems that this pleases her husband. We'll never know (probably) how much it hurt Charles to have been chosen for his title and not for himself in his first marriage, but now we see how happy this man is for being chosen for himself and not for the title of "The Princess of Wales" as his wife is content with being known as a duchess.

:previous: I love their Christmas card. It seems to capture who they really are. It seems to me that in the face of all naysayers they are very happy together, laugh at each other as well as with each other.:devil2:

In these grim old times, they share a little warmth and the gift of joy. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom