The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Talking

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall showed they were dab hands at games during a visit to a children's drop-in centre.
The royal couple were visiting the Kids Company, a charity which provides emotional and educational support to vulnerable inner city children and young people in Lambeth, south London when Camilla proved she was a table-tennis champion

The Press Association: Charles and Camilla play the game

Old 09-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Charles and Camilla pay Royal visit to Waitrose after supermarket firm rescues Prince's Duchy Originals

Quote:
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall toured their local Waitrose this morning in a bizarre photocall after it was revealed the supermarket chain was bailing out his struggling Duchy Originals charity business.
The royal couple marked the announcement that the up-market retailer will exclusively sell goods produced by the firm with a shopping trip to the Belgravia store.

Sir Michael Peat, Charles' principal private secretary, insisted the joint venture was not a case of the retailer 'saving' the Prince's business.
He said: 'This is all to do with moving to the next level. You know Waitrose aren't in some way bailing out or rescuing Duchy Originals because we are not staying as we are, we're fine as we are, they are helping us to move to the next level.'
** Prince Charles (I love his tie!) **, ** Camilla with cash **, ** Charles and Camilla inspect the Waitrose cheese range **
** Charles inspects the vegetables on sale in Waitrose **, ** Duchess of Cornwall watches Prince Charles play table football **
** Duchess of Cornwall watches Prince Charles play pool with children during their visit to the Kids Company **
** The Prince checks out how well his Ducky Original Cumberland sausages are displayed **

Charles and Camilla sure looked like they had a great time!

Old 09-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Especially Charles in playing all those games!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of Belga.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall look at the produce in a Waitrose store in Belgravia, central London (10/09/2009).

http://i32.tinypic.com/2rggo0h.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/fei96u.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/264t9h2.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/zkk40o.jpg

BelgaPicture - Category details

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla Duchess of Cornwall play table football with children during a visit to the Kids Company in Camberwell, South London. London (10/09/2009).

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...y/1282999.html

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ford-tennis/1/ (11/09/2009)
Old 09-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

The choir, under Director of Music Richard Walmsley, was the only one to receive an invitation to perform at Crathie Kirk and is made up of Strathallan choral scholars and members of the school’s Chamber Choir. Conducted by assistant Director of Music at Strathallan, Carole Sim-Sayce, the choir performed three anthems by Handel, Howells and Rutter and also joined the regular congregation in their hymn singing

FOURTEEN Strathallan pupils travelled to Royal Deeside to perform for Her Majesty the Queen at Crathie Kirk and also at the morning service at Braemar. - Perthshire Advertiser
Old 10-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictured with limp, straggly hair, a cheesy grin and an oddly shaped ear, Sarah Brown's comment that she is 'bemused' by a sketch of her on Carla Bruni's new website may well be diplomatic understatement.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Those are possibly the worst sketches I’ve ever seen.

Sarah Brown’s is probably the best of them, actually. The Michelle and Barack Obama sketch is so hideous it’s almost funny. If the captions didn't point out who they were, I'd have never recognized Dalai Lama and Bob Geldof.
Charles and Camilla look like they have spaghetti instead of hair.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

This year the BBC Radio Food & Farming Awards celebrate their 10th anniversary and BBC Radio 4 is pleased to announce the ceremony will be attended by Their Royal Highnesses, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall.

Prince Charles & Duchess of Cornwall to attend BBC Radio Food & Farming Awards - News - beecareful.info
Old 11-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles arrive at the
Charity Royal Film Performance 2009 of 'The Lovely Bones' at
the Odeon Leicester Square on November 24, 2009 in London,
England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio/getty **
Old 11-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

She wore blue velvet: Camilla on elegant form as she meets Oscar nominee Saoirse - hellomagazine.com
Old 11-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Charles and Camilla brave torrential rain at premiere of The Lovely Bones | Mail Online

Old 11-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attend the BBC Radio 4 Food and Farming Awards 2009 at Broadcasting House on November 25, 2009 in London, England.
Zimbio Gallery
The Prince Of Wales & Duchess Of Cornwall Attend BBC Food & Farming Awards - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 11-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
Those are possibly the worst sketches I’ve ever seen.

Sarah Brown’s is probably the best of them, actually. The Michelle and Barack Obama sketch is so hideous it’s almost funny. If the captions didn't point out who they were, I'd have never recognized Dalai Lama and Bob Geldof.
Charles and Camilla look like they have spaghetti instead of hair.
Not only spaghetti instead of hair, it looks like Camilla has a nose ring. But I guess it should be taken with ease. Bruni probably didn't mean to insult anyone with her paintings although they're not very flattering
Old 11-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

One more gallery of Duchess of Cornwall and Prince of Wales at the 10th Annual BBC Radio 4 Food and Farming Awards.
Abaca Press Americas Search Results
Old 11-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles is at the cover of the current issue of Majesty Magazine.:

http://www.majestymagazine.com/images/issue/large.jpg
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Pics 1.12.2009

The Prince of Wales, Colonel of the Welsh Guards, and The Duchess of
Cornwall arrive at Lille Barracks, Aldershot, home of the 1st Battalion,
Welsh Guards to present long service and campaign medals. TRH were
met by Colonel Sandy Malcolm. The 1st Battalion Welsh Guards have
recently returned from a six month tour of duty in Afghanistan.
December 1, 2009.

Impressive hat

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages ** belga **
Old 12-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Royal Highness

OMG HRH killed a muppet !

Well well i really don't know what to think about this funny furry thing...reminds me of some furry extravaganzas worn by the late Pcsse Margaret....

Well it's obviously some kind of tribute :

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/935...70FEFEB1F24458
Old 12-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Majesty

My initial reaction to Camilla's hat was that it was one of the most ridiculous things I had recently seen. However, once I had a second look, I realised it worked for Camilla and she has managed to carry it off!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She pulls it of wonderfully, it suits her.
Wonderful pictures thank you.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Administrator

An article from the Daily Mail in relation to today's engagement and Camilla's hat.

Snap! Camilla's hat matches Bearskin Guard's as she presents medals to soldiers after Afghanistan tour | Mail Online

And of course, its always followed by the same catty DM comments. Honestly, I am not sure why I continue to read this paper.

-----------------------

All she was missing was a shiny brass saxophone or a French horn.

For with temperatures plunging as Britain was hit by another cold snap, Camilla Parker-Bowles sensibly plumped for a cosy fur hat to keep her warm while out and about today.
But while her head was no doubt toasty and warm, the Duchess of Cornwall ended up looking like the latest recruit when she stepped up to present medals to Bearskin Guards today and realised they were all wearing disconcertingly similar outfits.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, edinburgh, highland games, prince charles, prince of wales