The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

THE Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall received a divine message when their limousine went round Coppins Bridge, Newport, toda

Divine message for royal couple

Old 07-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Majesty

Now that really rocksl! It's wonderful, and sweet, and it must have given both Camilla and Charles a real buzz.

What a wonderful demonstration of christian love and good old fashioned charity and support from the Church on the Roundabout.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Pics 17.7.2009

Charles and Camilla have several engagement on the Isle of Wight
today, it started with a visit to the house of Queen Victoria that
looks really nice. I wonder if someone will hand out a birthday cake
today

HRH Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and HRH Camilla Duchess of Cornwall
tour the dining room and look at a portrait of Queen Victoria and Prince
Albert on a visit the former home of Queen Victoria at Osborne House on
July 17 2009 in East Cowes, Isle of Wight, England.
Prince Albert designed Osborne House in conjunction with builder Thomas
Cubitt the London architect and builder. Thomas Cubitt is the great great
grandfather of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages ** abaca gallery **
Old 07-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

so Charles and Camilla are not only linked by Alice Keppel, I like it when you find things in common
Old 07-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCE Charles told the County Press he had really enjoyed his day on the Island.
While Camilla spent her last engagement at Liz Earle, the prince visited Ryde Fire Station, where he talked to firefighters and watched a display by young people from the Youth Engagement Scheme.

Prince Charles watches mock emergency

A CROWD of schoolchildren, cheering and waving flags, greeted the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall as they arrived at the first stop of their Island tour, Ventnor Botanic Garden

Cheers greet Charles and Camilla

THE royal visit would not have been complete without a trip to Osborne House, one of the Island’s most famous landmarks and the former home of Prince Charles’s great, great, great grandmother, Queen Victoria

Royal visitors see Osborne House

LITTLE Ella Smith and the Duchess of Cornwall have one thing in common — they share the same birthday.
Ella, celebrating her seventh birthday, had a smile that stretched from ear to ear as she helped the Duchess cut a birthday cake just as the heavens opened above St Thomas’s Square, Newport, and the brollies went up

Royal birthday treat for Ella
Old 07-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was in the grocery store today and one of the tabloids announced that the Waleses have reached an agreement on the divorce settlement, and Camilla is getting $250 million to go away. No wonder she's been smiling so much lately!!

But honestly, they look very happy together lately, and this marriage seems to suit them. He hasn't looked very glum at all.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

LOL, iowabelle! That one must follow up on the tabloid that claimed Camilla had been hitting the gin again.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 07-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

--------------------------
THE Duchess of Cornwall ended her visit to the Island with a trip to Ryde cosmetics company Liz Earle.
She was met by company founders Liz Earle and Kim Buckland, before Liz gave Camilla a guided tour of the company headquarters and showed her how the products were packed and transported.
The Duchess was very interested in the products and spent time talking to staff about their work

Camilla gets the beauty treatment at Liz Earle
Old 07-18-2009, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of Belga Gallery.

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall host a Garden Party in the grounds of Buckingham Palace for hundreds of young people involved in various youth groups. (17/07/2009).

http://i27.tinypic.com/3149vmc.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/5xvpcw.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/2yv9w9g.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/28saomf.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/jzv9zm.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/20jhetg.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/2zstn5y.jpg
Old 07-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It was wonderful of Charles to host a garden party, rather than attend one.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:02 AM

Osborne House

Hi,

I found this forum a few days ago. Had a bit of trouble activating my account but now I'm here, thank you to the admin for sorting that out for me.

I'm a tour guide at Osborne House, so naturally that is my primary interest. I was there on Friday 17th when Charles and Camilla visited, I did meet Charles briefly, very very briefly.

I read some posts regarding Osborne House, some of the info is spot on, some isn't but even that is close. If you have any questions regarding Osborne House I hope that I will be able to answer them for you. I will also see if I can post some pictures but I'm not sure how to do that yet,

Best Wishes,

Fitzgerald
Old 07-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Pics 24.7.2009

Welcome to the forums, Fitzgerald Great to hear
that you were there as well!

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall during
a reception for The Gathering 2009 at the Palace of
Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh, July 24, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **
Old 07-25-2009, 04:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

ONE hundred Scottish chiefs met for the first time in recorded history yesterday ahead of the world's biggest clan gathering and Highland games

Highland clan chiefs in historic meeting for Scotland's Homecoming - The Daily Record
Old 07-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Pics 25.7.2009

The Duke of Rothesay, also known as the Prince of Wales, Patron of
The Gathering 2009 and the Duchess of Rothesay, also known as the
Duchess of Cornwall, stand with clan chiefs at The Gathering 2009,
at Holyrood Park, Edinburgh July 25, 2009.

The event hailed as the 'greatest international clan gathering' in the
world was officially opened by the Prince of Wales today. The two-day
long celebration of Scottish culture also features the largest Highland
Games to be held north of the border.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **
Old 07-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Courtier

I am waiting forward to Highland Games: we always get some wonderful pictures of Charles and Camilla from the events.

Thank you for the great pictures, iceflower!
That did look like an impressive gathering.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

THEY came in their tens of thousands, from the old world and the new, a tide of tartan marching down the Royal Mile to Edinburgh's Holyrood Park

Clan gathering draws 30,000 - Scotland on Sunday

There were kilts, caber-tossing and a touch of controversy as more than 40,000 Scots from around the world descended on Edinburgh Saturday for an event billed as the largest gathering of the clans in 200 years.

The Associated Press: Kilts and controversy as Scottish clans gather

IN KILT and sporran Prince Charles joined Scots from around the world yesterday for a giant clan gathering and gave Scotland’s First Minister an object lesson in how to carry off the tartan look in style

Sunday Express | UK News :: Charles shows Alex trews the best dresser
Old 07-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Were you there?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:45 AM

Charles at the Gathering of the clans

Good speech from Charles (with Camilla) at the largest ever gathering of the clans in Edinburgh.

Prince Charles' speech to the Gathering clans | The Gathering | Scotland on TV from STV
Old 07-27-2009, 04:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will honour helicopter crews who fought in Afghanistan, royal officials say

The Press Association: Royals to honour Afghan heroes

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall are to honour helicopter crews from Suffolk who fought in Afghanistan, royal officials said

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/8170202.stm
Old 07-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

is it a secret whether you were in Edinburg? NOW we reaallly think you are someone very important. Remember some posts in the past when we thought you are Camilla herself

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, edinburgh, highland games, prince charles, prince of wales