Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 25: September 2008-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous::rolleyes:
------------------------

PRINCE Charles and Camilla will visit the Island next Friday.

They will visit Ventnor Botanic Garden to open the arid garden and present The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service to the Green Gym, a community group which encourages people to keep fit by working on environmentally friendly projects

Charles and Camilla to visit Island

Pics 9.7.2009

Nice pics of Camilla and Charles from today :)

Britain's Prince Charles points towards his wife Camilla, Duchess
of Cornwall as she takes a glass of wine during a visit to a branch
of retail chain Marks and Spencer in the Westfield shopping centre
on July 9, 2009 in London, England. The visit was to celebrate the
125th anniversary of the first store opening.

Pic 5 is lovely, but pic 4 will find it's way into the mags ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** gettyimages gallery **

Dailymail article:

'Two for the price of one' as Charles and Camilla attend M&S birthday celebrations

They are nice pics, Iceflower. Thanks for posting them. :flowers:

Pic 4 made it into the paper, but it has the advantage of showing the full outfit, which I think looks nice on Camilla. I wouldn't mind it for myself. :)

:previous: I'd rather have the bra's! :D

Sir Stuart Rose, the boss of Marks and Spencer, joked he got two royals for the price of one yesterday when the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall joined him to mark the retailer's 125th anniversary

Sir Stuart Rose tells guests Prince of Wales and Camilla they are 'two for the price of one' - Telegraph

It's the kind of endorsement most store owners only dream of.
But yesterday Marks and Spencer got the royal seal of approval when the Duchess of Cornwall revealed she buys all her swimwear there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lla-attend-M-amp-S-birthday-celebrations.html

Pics 16.7.2009

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, arrive
for the funeral service of Lieutenant Colonel Rupert Thorneloe
at the Guards Chapel at Wellington Barracks, in London July 16,
2009. Thorneloe was the highest ranking British soldier to be
killed in the conflict in Afghanistan.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

It was a fitting farewell for the most senior British army officer to be killed in action since the Falklands conflict. The Prince of Wales, a friend of Lieutenant-Colonel Rupert Thorneloe, and the Duchess of Cornwall joined hundreds of family members and friends for his funeral yesterday at the Guards Chapel in London.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6716399.ece

He was, they said again and again, an exceptional soldier and exceptional person. A man who, said Colonel Sandy Malcolm, regimental lieutenant colonel of the Welsh Guards, "was at the leading edge of his generation", and who, according to the former defence secretary Des Browne, "made the extraordinary ordinary

Colonel's funeral: with straight backs and stiff salutes they said farewell to Rupert Thorneloe | UK news | The Guardian

:previous: Now that really rocksl! It's wonderful, and sweet, and it must have given both Camilla and Charles a real buzz. :flowers:

What a wonderful demonstration of christian love and good old fashioned charity and support from the Church on the Roundabout. :clap::clap:

Pics 17.7.2009

Charles and Camilla have several engagement on the Isle of Wight
today, it started with a visit to the house of Queen Victoria that
looks really nice. I wonder if someone will hand out a birthday cake
today :)

HRH Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and HRH Camilla Duchess of Cornwall
tour the dining room and look at a portrait of Queen Victoria and Prince
Albert on a visit the former home of Queen Victoria at Osborne House on
July 17 2009 in East Cowes, Isle of Wight, England.
Prince Albert designed Osborne House in conjunction with builder Thomas
Cubitt the London architect and builder. Thomas Cubitt is the great great
grandfather of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages ** abaca gallery **

Last edited:
so Charles and Camilla are not only linked by Alice Keppel, I like it when you find things in common:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
PRINCE Charles told the County Press he had really enjoyed his day on the Island.
While Camilla spent her last engagement at Liz Earle, the prince visited Ryde Fire Station, where he talked to firefighters and watched a display by young people from the Youth Engagement Scheme.

Prince Charles watches mock emergency

A CROWD of schoolchildren, cheering and waving flags, greeted the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall as they arrived at the first stop of their Island tour, Ventnor Botanic Garden

Cheers greet Charles and Camilla

THE royal visit would not have been complete without a trip to Osborne House, one of the Island’s most famous landmarks and the former home of Prince Charles’s great, great, great grandmother, Queen Victoria

Royal visitors see Osborne House

LITTLE Ella Smith and the Duchess of Cornwall have one thing in common — they share the same birthday.
Ella, celebrating her seventh birthday, had a smile that stretched from ear to ear as she helped the Duchess cut a birthday cake just as the heavens opened above St Thomas’s Square, Newport, and the brollies went up

Royal birthday treat for Ella

I was in the grocery store today and one of the tabloids announced that the Waleses have reached an agreement on the divorce settlement, and Camilla is getting $250 million to go away. No wonder she's been smiling so much lately!!

But honestly, they look very happy together lately, and this marriage seems to suit them. He hasn't looked very glum at all.

LOL, iowabelle! That one must follow up on the tabloid that claimed Camilla had been hitting the gin again. :lol:

--------------------------
THE Duchess of Cornwall ended her visit to the Island with a trip to Ryde cosmetics company Liz Earle.
She was met by company founders Liz Earle and Kim Buckland, before Liz gave Camilla a guided tour of the company headquarters and showed her how the products were packed and transported.
The Duchess was very interested in the products and spent time talking to staff about their work

Camilla gets the beauty treatment at Liz Earle

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
It was wonderful of Charles to host a garden party, rather than attend one. :flowers:

Osborne House

Hi,

I found this forum a few days ago. Had a bit of trouble activating my account but now I'm here, thank you to the admin for sorting that out for me.

I'm a tour guide at Osborne House, so naturally that is my primary interest. I was there on Friday 17th when Charles and Camilla visited, I did meet Charles briefly, very very briefly.

I read some posts regarding Osborne House, some of the info is spot on, some isn't but even that is close. If you have any questions regarding Osborne House I hope that I will be able to answer them for you. I will also see if I can post some pictures but I'm not sure how to do that yet,

Best Wishes,

Fitzgerald

Pics 24.7.2009

Welcome to the forums, Fitzgerald :) Great to hear
that you were there as well!

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall during
a reception for The Gathering 2009 at the Palace of
Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh, July 24, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Pics 25.7.2009

The Duke of Rothesay, also known as the Prince of Wales, Patron of
The Gathering 2009 and the Duchess of Rothesay, also known as the
Duchess of Cornwall, stand with clan chiefs at The Gathering 2009,
at Holyrood Park, Edinburgh July 25, 2009.

The event hailed as the 'greatest international clan gathering' in the
world was officially opened by the Prince of Wales today. The two-day
long celebration of Scottish culture also features the largest Highland
Games to be held north of the border.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

I am waiting forward to Highland Games: we always get some wonderful pictures of Charles and Camilla from the events.

Thank you for the great pictures, iceflower! :flowers:
That did look like an impressive gathering.

Last edited:
THEY came in their tens of thousands, from the old world and the new, a tide of tartan marching down the Royal Mile to Edinburgh's Holyrood Park

Clan gathering draws 30,000 - Scotland on Sunday

There were kilts, caber-tossing and a touch of controversy as more than 40,000 Scots from around the world descended on Edinburgh Saturday for an event billed as the largest gathering of the clans in 200 years.

The Associated Press: Kilts and controversy as Scottish clans gather

IN KILT and sporran Prince Charles joined Scots from around the world yesterday for a giant clan gathering and gave Scotland’s First Minister an object lesson in how to carry off the tartan look in style

Sunday Express | UK News :: Charles shows Alex trews the best dresser

:previous:
Were you there?

Last edited:
:previous: is it a secret whether you were in Edinburg? NOW we reaallly think you are someone very important. Remember some posts in the past when we thought you are Camilla herself :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom