The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Serene Highness

Those must be my favorite pictures of them ever! I'd love to know what was so funny, though I'm sure I never will.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
Those must be my favorite pictures of them ever! I'd love to know what was so funny, though I'm sure I never will.
I bet it had something to do with a kilt.....

Old 08-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charles And Camilla Attend Annual Mey Games
Photos without watermarks:
Zimbio
Old 08-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank You for the pictures everyone. Once you start with the giggles, it is hard to stop!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

For the first time I see her laughing so candidly...
Old 08-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I bet it had something to do with a kilt.....
Prince Charles discovers the perils of a kilt
August 9
As any woman knows, a gale-force wind presents a challenge when you are wearing dress. And, as the Prince of Wales discovered, a sudden gust can also wreak havoc if you are sporting a kilt.

Prince Charles discovers the perils of a kilt - Telegraph
Old 08-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Finally a little of laughter! As the stiff upper-lip is a true way of living, those moments captured in picture are priceless. If only it could be more often.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Majesty

Wonderful picture! Definitely one for the files.]
Old 08-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Those pictures are wonderful! The Duchess seems like such a naturally happy person, and she really brings out the best in Prince Charles. I love seeing royals have laughing fits -- I wish they'd do it more often!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Finally a little of laughter! As the stiff upper-lip is a true way of living, those moments captured in picture are priceless. If only it could be more often.
They are obviously very happy together. They also had a laugh attack when visiting Milton. I'm glad they are ignoring the 'haters'and getting on with life. Life is too short and precious to take SO seriously. I can see what he sees in her. She's his best friend.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:40 AM
Administrator

Thanks a lot for posting those great links, milla and LadyFinn,
the pics are really brilliant, especially when looking at Charles'
reactions to Camilla's fit of laughter. Where's the British picture
of the month team? These pics need to be added to their list
Old 08-10-2008, 05:05 AM
Royal Highness

Game for a laugh...it´s the Prince of Gales
August 10

(...) And as the wind gathered strength, Charles appeared to become increasingly concerned about whether his kilt might blow up.
The Duchess couldn’t contain her mirth as her husband used a hand to keep the kilt firmly pressed against his knees

Game for a laugh... it's the Prince of Gales | Mail Online

The statement of the Mail that ´Charles presence at the Mey games emphasised his absence in Beijing ´can only be a joke, i think. But there couldn´t be an article in this tabloid about the royal couple without saying something negative...
Old 08-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
This publication can't help exaggerating, it was heavy rain and windy, not "torrential rain and gales". Although the bad weather did reduce the turnout, many will be kicking themselves for missing the giggle fit.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Royal Highness

Royals to attend church service
August 10

The Press Association: Royals to attend church service

Charles and Camilla see the funny side of Scotland's weather
Old 08-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Royal Highness

Wow what a laugh ! It's soooo good to see them like this. I agree with the comments above: it's maybe their best pics together so far
Old 08-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

These games are always such a hoot. Wasn't an incident a couple of years ago with a gentleman who accidentally exposed his buttocks to the royals?
Old 08-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
This publication can't help exaggerating, it was heavy rain and windy, not "torrential rain and gales". Although the bad weather did reduce the turnout, many will be kicking themselves for missing the giggle fit.
So i hope you didn´t miss it...!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
These games are always such a hoot. Wasn't an incident a couple of years ago with a gentleman who accidentally exposed his buttocks to the royals?
Yes and it is not always a pretty sight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
So i hope you didn´t miss it...!
I missed neither the weather nor the giggles that turned into a fit of laughter, I am still drying out my clothing and shoes!
------------------------
cotland's traditional dress reduced Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall to fits of laughter on Saturday when the heir to the throne discovered the perils of wearing a kilt during a gale.

Charles and Camilla see the funny side of Scotland's weather
--------------------
It was not a gale, a gale in Scotland is when you can't keep your feet!
-----------------------------
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have brought to a close a series of engagements in Scotland with a visit to a church.

icWestlothian - Church stop for Charles and Camilla
Old 08-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Royal Highness

Charles and Camilla attend Sunday Service at Canisbay Church
August 10

some pics of today:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 08-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I have enjoyed these pics of the couple in Scotland. I just loved the 'gale' pics, and the shots of them after the church service made me smile, too. They made me smile because they both look so comfortable and happy, and so do the people around them.

As an aside, I notice that Camilla is not wearing a hat. I can't imagine a Royal lady going to a C of E service without headgear of some sort; is the C of S less formal in this regard?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales