The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Gentry

I like Camilla's outfit too! I wonder though if she will EVER change her hairstyle!

Old 07-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
I like Camilla's outfit too! I wonder though if she will EVER change her hairstyle!
I shouldn't think so, she has a style she is happy with, so why should we expect her to?

Most women, IMO, by the time they reach their 40's-50's have found the look they want, it tends to be the youngsters who are still searching.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:24 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the pics and the article!

Fotobanka isifa image service

I always love the pics where Charles puts his whole nose in the bloom to smell the flower!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall have appointed Major Will Mackinlay as their Equerry with effect from July 2008.

The Prince of Wales - The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall appoint a new Equerry

Hearty congratulations to Major Mackinlay.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Seems the good Major is hard at work already: I found this on a forum:

Support Our Soldiers Forum

"Prince Charles expresses support for SOS

I have just received a very nice letter from Prince Charles' office. This is an extract. Major Will Mackinlay writes:

"The Prince of Wales has asked me to thank you for your kind letter of 26th June. He also wanted to express his gratitude to you and all your colleagues who are working for the charity, 'Support our Soldiers'.

As a serving soldier I know how wonderful it is to receive a parcel when you are on operations overseas and I know how much our servicemen and women appreciate the work that organisations such as yours carry out."

Seems that the Major is really a nice person to add something personal to such a letter, which made it even more precious to the people who received it.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Seems that the Major is really a nice person to add something personal to such a letter, which made it even more precious to the people who received it.
Manners maketh the man!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Gentry

I just saw a lovley clip on the royal channel
Thier highnesses were celebrating the duchesses birthday at an allotment in st james park.
Very nice.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Royal Highness

Royal walkabout delight at Sandringham Flower Show
July 30

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall received a warm welcome from the crowds - and the weather - as they visited the Sandringham Flower Show today.

EDP24 - Royal walkabout delight at Sandringham Flower Show

(Every year again ) nice pics from the event:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 07-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you for those milla Ca. They really seemed to be enjoying themselves, but I expect they were both very hot!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Thank you for those milla Ca. They really seemed to be enjoying themselves, but I expect they were both very hot!
Yes, it's readily apparent they are going to divorce any time soon!
Oh she looks lovely in white!
They just look like they "fit". You know?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

I love the picture in this article

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall met Barry the Bee at Sandringham Flower Show in Norfolk today.

The Prince of Wales - TRH attend the Sandringham Flower Show in Norfolk
Old 07-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Royal Highness

from yesterday evening:

Prince and Duchess grace Salle church

July 31
To many it was just a mild summer's evening in the gentle surroundings of Salle, but for Camilla Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles, the main guests of a unique concert organised in the 15th century Church of St Peter and St Paul, the evening was particularly significant.

North Norfolk News - Prince and Duchess grace Salle church

Charles and Camilla visit Southwold, Suffolk
July 31

Old 07-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Royal Highness

some more pics from today:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

what can be better on a hot summer day?...Cheers!

Old 07-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

A "carbon neutral beer" - what is that? Beer without carbonic acid? Poor dears! The things they do for Britain!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Environmentally friendly - i.e. minimal carbon footprint.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quite funny to read that the Duchess bought a 50p raffle ticket for a chance to win her mother-in-law's coffee cups!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Majesty

All in all, they look very happy and genuinely enjoying themselves. Seems like Camilla has got the wardrobe from the trip to the Caribbean out
Old 08-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Now, how many middle aged ladies could show up in a ruffled dress with a pearl necklace, a wristwatch with a leather strap drinking beer in broad daylight with a little tummy bulge and look that happy next to a very happy looking man? She pulled it together.......atta girl Duchess!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess View Post
Quite funny to read that the Duchess bought a 50p raffle ticket for a chance to win her mother-in-law's coffee cups!
That's not so bad, I was 'encouraged' to buy raffle tickets for items I had donated!
--------------------------------
The first ever pub to benefit from the Pub is the Hub initiative received a boost in trade yesterday thanks to a royal visit.
Prince Charles, patron of Pub is the Hub, and the Duchess of Cornwall dropped in to the White Hart Inn, in Blythburgh, Suffolk, where the village shop is run on the same site as the pub

The Publican - Home - Prince Charles visits first ever Pub is the Hub project
Old 08-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

No doubt about it, Camilla grows on one. She looked very nice and happy in those pictures and she has a lovely smile.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales