Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 24: May-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always liked her. No matter what, she always knew how to keep her mouth shut. This IMHO is a great asset for people who attract, because of their position, the interest of outsiders.

No doubt about it, Camilla grows on one. She looked very nice and happy in those pictures and she has a lovely smile.

I think she is the kind of wife any man would wish to have.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's keep this thread on current events for Charles and Camilla please.

Do we know if C&C have already left for the annual summer retreat to Birkhall?

Do we know if C&C have already left for the annual summer retreat to Birkhall?

At the moment Charles is at the Castle of Mey ( see the ´Charles current events´ thread) and Camilla will follow him - on Saturday they will attend together the Mey Highlandgames.
Probably afterwards they will go to Birkhall for their annual summer break.:flowers:

:ROFLMAO: Not this time but I have in the past, when I kindly asked them to tumble the tickets again!:ROFLMAO:
HA!! :lol:

Oh to see a Highland game!! We have them here in Portland but I missed it again!! Mr. Russo doesn't like bagpipes. I think Mr. Russo's hearing is off. . . :ermm:

HA!! :lol:
Oh to see a Highland game!! We have them here in Portland but I missed it again!! Mr. Russo doesn't like bagpipes. I think Mr. Russo's hearing is off. . . :ermm:
I'm afraid I am with Mr Russo on this! How anyone can listen to the sound of a cat being tortured, is beyond me! :eek::whistling::ROFLMAO:

Forget the wailing cats, what did you win in the raffle?

Forget the wailing cats, what did you win in the raffle?
A rather lovely coopered lid, Scottish Oak Whisky Chest. It held 6 lead crystal tumblers and three bottles of Malt.:flowers:

Holy Schnikies! Mr. Russo would be your BFF over that! Sky, these guys weave in the bagpipes quite lovely.
:D It was made by a friend of ours, he makes heirloom boxes, all with coopered lids and incorporating native woods into the Oak, such as Wytch Elm, Yew, Rowan, Ash, Beech, Hawthorn, some from our own estate and some from the Brahan Estate!

Having listened to the tortured sounds of many a pipe player, I much prefer the soothing, haunting melodies from the Uilleann Pipes! The bagpipes really are a cross between a cat howling and a horse grunting. :D

They seem to be off duty today, probably getting ready for the games!

Oh that sounds lovely!! Does he have a website or does he do this just for fun/charities/friends? (Would be a nice gift for Mr. Russo!)

Do PC and DoC host the games?

Do PC and DoC host the games?

I read that Charles is Chieftain (maybe Skydragon could explain what it means...thank you:flowers:) and Honorary President of the Mey games.
( And since the death of the Queen Mother Camilla accompanied Charles to the Mey Highland games every year.):)

The Chieftain of the Games is an honorary position, although some will be actively involved in the organisation of the events, in this case I think Charles will just be opening the games. ;) In the case of a tie, they have the final say and of course help to present the prizes. :flowers: I was going to say that they are treated, for the day as Royalty, which in this case...... :whistling::ROFLMAO:

Does he do anything like in baseball when they symbolically throw out the first ball?

Does he do anything like in baseball when they symbolically throw out the first ball?

I only know that at the end of the games he will judge the pull of the tug-of -war.:flowers:
Hope to see some nice pics later today ( also of Camilla)!:)

Those must be my favorite pictures of them ever! I'd love to know what was so funny, though I'm sure I never will.

Charles And Camilla Attend Annual Mey Games
Photos without watermarks:
Zimbio

Thank You for the pictures everyone. Once you start with the giggles, it is hard to stop!:ROFLMAO:

For the first time I see her laughing so candidly...

Finally a little of laughter! As the stiff upper-lip is a true way of living, those moments captured in picture are priceless. If only it could be more often.

Wonderful picture! Definitely one for the files.:flowers:]

Those pictures are wonderful! The Duchess seems like such a naturally happy person, and she really brings out the best in Prince Charles. I love seeing royals have laughing fits -- I wish they'd do it more often! :lol:

Finally a little of laughter! As the stiff upper-lip is a true way of living, those moments captured in picture are priceless. If only it could be more often.

They are obviously very happy together. They also had a laugh attack when visiting Milton. I'm glad they are ignoring the 'haters'and getting on with life. Life is too short and precious to take SO seriously. I can see what he sees in her. She's his best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom