The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla turns boat captain at ferry naming ceremony in Cornwall
July 13

It may not have been perfect sailing weather, yet nothing could stop Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, smiling when she and her husband attended a naming ceremony for a new ferry on Saturday.

Camilla turns boat captain at ferry naming ceremony in Cornwall

( But the boat trip was on Friday, wasn´t it?)

A cheerful see-through umbrella protecting her from the weather, Camilla thoroughly enjoyed herself at the naming ceremony for her ferry
Photo:

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

Old 07-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Nobility

nice picture , the duchess look very happy , i think this is the second naming ceremony for a new ferry that camilla since she became a duchess ; im not sure but i remember that she had naming a ship mybe in november !?

Old 07-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Getty
The Prince Of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit Organic Allotment In St James's Park, 17 Jul 2008.
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=1
IBL
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65=
Old 07-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you giov!

Fotobanka isifa image service

Fotobanka isifa image service

The Press Association: Duchess marks birthday with cabbage
Old 07-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Administrator

And - as they are so nice - some pics without watermarks

Watched by Britain's Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall laughs
as she is presented with a giant cabbage for her 61st birthday by
apprentice gardener Tom Clark, during a visit to the 'Dig for Victory'
allotment in London's St James's Park, Thursday, July 17, 2008.'

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
Old 07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you giov, milla Ca & iceflower for all the lovely pictures! They really look as if they are having the time of their lives! probably planning what to make with all the veg!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

You are welcome Skydragon and milla ca!

More pics from Abaca
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

IMO, this is not very elegant!
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Old 07-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla lives the Good Life as she recycles birthday outfit... and gets a giant cabbage for a present
July 17

(...)After an impromptu walkabout the couple headed back off through the park on foot to their apartment at Clarence House some 400 yards away, leaving groups of disbelieving in tourists in their wake - many of whom simply refused to believe that the heir to the throne and his wife had just tripped past.

Camilla lives the Good Life as she recycles birthday outfit... and gets a giant cabbage for a present | Mail Online
Old 07-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

This publication makes me laugh, take this little remark -
Fortunately Camilla was able to put on one of those 'thank you so much - it's what I have always wanted' smiles perfected by the Royal Family - Are they really telling us that the pictures of Charles and Camilla laughing are the 'smiles perfected by the Royal Family'.
or how about - Like many women she looked slightly embarrassed by stream of well-wishers making constant references to her age - I missed those pictures as well and perhaps someone should tell the author that there is no embarrassment at being congratulated on reaching 61, normally it is immense pride or relief!
Old 07-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, the Daily Mail does go out of it's way to try to put Camilla down.

She looks wonderful and healthy and the dress is lovely as well.
Were those vegetables from Charles' garden?
Old 07-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

The veg was grown by youngsters at an allotment scheme -
"The 1940s-themed Dig For Victory allotment, a joint project between The Royal Parks and the Cabinet War Rooms, to show how easy it is to grow your own fruit and vegetables even in the heart of a city. The project is entirely staffed by volunteers, many of whom are local schoolchildren, who have turned their hands to crops including potatoes, carrots, cabbages, onions, marrows, courgettes and beetroot".

Old 07-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
This publication makes me laugh, take this little remark -
Fortunately Camilla was able to put on one of those 'thank you so much - it's what I have always wanted' smiles perfected by the Royal Family - Are they really telling us that the pictures of Charles and Camilla laughing are the 'smiles perfected by the Royal Family'.
or how about - Like many women she looked slightly embarrassed by stream of well-wishers making constant references to her age - I missed those pictures as well and perhaps someone should tell the author that there is no embarrassment at being congratulated on reaching 61, normally it is immense pride or relief!
What's more in the actual newspaper edition (as opposed to the on-line edition - yes they are different) they not only edited out all the references to well-wishers & the impromptu walkabout amongst the crowds on the walk back to Clarence House but also neglected to print any of the photos of Charles and Camilla smiling & laughing with each other! They simply printed 1 photo of Camilla cropped to edit out Prince Charles.

And before you ask no I didn't buy a copy of the DM - I read it in the library. I have no intention of adding to the profits of the DM or the editor's bonuses. The editor - Paul Dacre - already receives almost £1.5million which is way too much IMO.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaFay View Post
And before you ask no I didn't buy a copy of the DM - I read it in the library. I have no intention of adding to the profits of the DM or the editor's bonuses.
I know the actual paper is worse than the online edition. Our housekeeper gives me her old copies of The Mail & it's Sunday edition and sometimes I catch a glimpse of some of the stories. I have no idea why she buys it but I put it to good use, wrapping any chick guts in before putting in the bin!
Old 07-18-2008, 05:26 PM

^Shoot, aren't all newspapers used for such purposes, skydragon? I don't buy newspapers because it's a waste of money. Even if you don't get every article, you can get plenty of news, more than you need or want, online, and newspapers being printing only wastes paper and ink, valuable resources.

I didn't come online yesterday though so I am just seeing the news for Camilla's birthday. So she received the biggest cabbage ever grown and a yummy carrot cake. Charles seemed rather scared of the cake, no? But anyway, the cake was so beautiful~ The "carrots" look real.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I think it would be totally normal if Camilla were embarrassed about being 61, although I also think you could be totally right and she is fine with her age. My mother is 61 and won't let anyone know her age...I'm forbidden to mention it (I hope the internet where no one knows her doesn't "count"!) I agree that many women have no problem accepting the fact that they're not young anymore and see each year as a blessing. But I wouldn't say a different reaction isn't "normal."

In any case Camilla has a lot to be thankful for and it looks like she had a great birthday.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Different women probably do react in different ways. None of my 60+ friends were or are at all worried about revealing their age. I know one man who got very, very depressed before his 40th and another who seemed suicidal at the thought of turning 50!

However, none of the pictures in the Mail supported their statement that she was embarrassed by the constant reference by well wishers to her age.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Majesty

Does anybody know when C&C are off to Scotland? Its getting to that time of year
Old 07-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles And The Duchess of Cornwall Visit Miltons Cottage, 24 July 2004.
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...ntId=82041422#
Old 07-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Prince Charles And The Duchess of Cornwall Visit Miltons Cottage, 24 July 2004.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Thank you for the pictures, , I love the outfit she has on and don't they look incredibly happy.... still!

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have been visiting Bletchley Park, on the day academics have called for greater protection for the site.

BBC NEWS | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Royals at 'neglected' Bletchley
Old 07-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Does anybody know when C&C are off to Scotland? Its getting to that time of year
Not this weekend, but next, I believe.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales