The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Mr Chávez declared: "I like the prince. Now he has Camilla, his new girl. She's not as attractive, is she?"
Dear Mr Chavez: "por qué no te callas"

Old 01-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Gentry

The list of gifts says that the Duchess received some jewelry. Have we seen any of them out and about yet?

Old 01-08-2008, 05:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordonez View Post
The list of gifts says that the Duchess received some jewelry. Have we seen any of them out and about yet?
Haven't seen any recent photos of her!
She seems to favour her pearl necklaces during the daytime, but I guess she will actually wear her gifts.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I guess Her Majesty figures, hey, if it ain't broke, why fix it? If anyone wants to see her official gifts, they can audit the Royal Collection, whose system is so accountable and flawless, they could produce a list with punching a few buttons on a computer and printing it up for anyone to see.

Yes, I agree about the efficiency of the Royal Collection, but Prince Charles's official artistic gifts also are included in the Royal Collection - he does after all chair every meeting of the Royal Collection trustees & visits many of their exhibitions, so why are his gifts listed separately as well & not the Queen's?
Old 01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Although speechless, I am not totally surprised. I assume that the loyal employees of the Clarence House created yet another awkward situation.
Yes, precisely. The accusation was made by the longstanding & loyal former employee of the Queen, Sir Michael Peat, in order to provide ammunition with which to remove many of the Prince's loyal & longstanding employees. Which he did succesfully within a year of writing the 2003 report. Unfortunately Prince Charles is stuck with Peat as his Private Secretary until his contract comes up for renewal, reportedly in August 2009.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

I am not a fan of Sir Michael Peat but in fairness he is very good with the POW's money. Hs income has risen noticeably under Peat.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles, Camilla to visit TT ?
January 19

THIS COUNTRY may very well be graced yet again with a visit from the heir to the British Throne, His Royal Highness Prince Charles, before year’s end. Newsday has learnt that the Prince of Wales along with his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall Camilla Parker-Bowles may visit this country this year.
Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :
Old 01-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
I am not a fan of Sir Michael Peat but in fairness he is very good with the POW's money. Hs income has risen noticeably under Peat.
I think income generation is the job of the Duchy of Cornwall staff, who are not controlled by Peat. His job is to oversee expenditure.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Pics 28.1.2008

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrive
at the Unicorn Theatre to attend a theatrical performance by children
for the finale of TheatreQuest 2007, a project by The Prince's Foundation
for Children and the Arts, on January 28, 2008 in London, England.
Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited the Unicorn Theatre in Tooley Street on Monday afternoon.

Charles and Camilla visit Tooley Street [28 January 2008]
Old 01-28-2008, 12:44 PM

OOOh I'm loving Camilla's coat. Truly gorgeous colour and the collar is just the sort of thing I like. The brooch looks like a mystery one.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the pics and the article, it´s very nice to see the Royal Couple after the break at engagemets together again!

Fotobanka isifa image service

Old 01-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Thank you for the pics and the article, it´s very nice to see the Royal Couple after the break at engagemets together again!

Hello milla Ca, I can´t open the pics for a larger version. Is there a trick?
Old 01-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

From some time on, I cannot enlarge the isifa pictures, too!
It's a pity, because they had very good pictures!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen View Post
Hello milla Ca, I can´t open the pics for a larger version. Is there a trick?
I´m sorry, but i have the same problem!
For some weeks now it´s not possible to see the larger version of pics at isifa. I think you have to registrate there to get the permission to see the pics. It´s the same with polfoto, there you can´t see any pics now without ´sign in´.
Not easy for royal watchers......maybe someone can help?
Old 01-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Courtier

Royal pair to attend film premiere

The Press Association: Royal pair to attend film premiere
Old 02-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Royal Highness

Kitchen style on the menu for Charles and Camilla on royal visits
February 6

Though she's renowned for her spot-on sartorial style, there was an outfit with a difference waiting for the Duchess of Cornwall as she visited a bakery in South Gloucestershire on Tuesday. Prince Charles' wife donned a hygiene uniform - consisting of a white coat and hat - as she was shown how to make Easter cookies.

Kitchen style on the menu for Charles and Camilla on royal visits
Old 02-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles presents medals to Mercian Regiment on their return from Afghanistan
Clarence House, February 6

(Camilla watched the ceremony from the Balcony)

6th February 2008

The Prince of Wales today presented soldiers from the Mercian regiment with their Afghan campaign medals after inviting them to Clarence House for a reception.
(...)
As The Prince moved among immaculately turned out servicemen dressed in their khaki uniforms, he was watched from a balcony by The Duchess of Cornwall.

The Prince of Wales - HRH presents Operation Herrick medals to soldiers at Clarence House upon their return from Afghanistan
Old 02-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
HRH presents Operation Herrick medals to soldiers at Clarence House upon theit return from Afghanistan
The Prince of Wales - HRH presents Operation Herrick medals to soldiers at Clarence House upon their return from Afghanistan
From the article "He added: "Before the men came here they were hugely excited, they were very proud to be getting their medals from The Prince". It really is a moral boost when they get their medals presented by their Royal Colonel, as opposed to the station commander or Officer in Charge.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
From the article "He added: "Before the men came here they were hugely excited, they were very proud to be getting their medals from The Prince". It really is a moral boost when they get their medals presented by their Royal Colonel, as opposed to the station commander or Officer in Charge.
That's what makes me so sorry or, well, angry when I read the of way the media reacts to something like that: Charles Windsor is not just a person, he is a symbol. A symbol for the belief of a whole nation that if one person is good, then all others can follow suit. The public destruction of this person, albeit uncalled for, destroys such an amount of hope, of help, of feeling of unity, so many positive things - that is what I blame the media for.

Okay, HRH may not be the most moralistic (please, notice the "may") person in the world but that is not what it's all about. But he is trying to offer the best that is possible in his personal situation and, while that makes him not above reproach, makes him a paragon of a Prince of Wales/Heir to the throne. IMHO, of course.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales