The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Royal Highness

From the PoW website:

A look back at 2007

21st December 2007

Here are just some of the highlights of the working year of The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William and Prince Harry:

The Prince of Wales - A look back at 2007

Old 12-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Aristocracy

I hope in 2008 the Prince and Duchess visit more of the Commonwealth countries. I'm glad they have visited the countries they did in 2007, but I would like to see them raise their profile more in the Commonwealth countries.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Very few race past 6 but some have raced successfully up to 10! Must 'winners' are used for breeding but many more are sold as 3 day eventers or for meat!
Skydragon, that's one of the most terrible things I've ever heard! For meat!! I know they do that kind of thing in France and Japan, but in England, my favorite land of the horse! Say it isnt so! It would break my heart.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse View Post
I hope in 2008 the Prince and Duchess visit more of the Commonwealth countries. I'm glad they have visited the countries they did in 2007, but I would like to see them raise their profile more in the Commonwealth countries.
I'm sure both Charles & Camilla would love to visit more Commonwealth countries. But the problem is that all trips abroad by members of the Royal Family - especially to Commonwealth countries - are decided on by the Queen & her Private Secretary in consultation with the Prime Minister & the Foreign Office. If the Queen doesn't wish to send them to a country - they don't go.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Skydragon, that's one of the most terrible things I've ever heard! For meat!! I know they do that kind of thing in France and Japan, but in England, my favorite land of the horse! Say it isnt so! It would break my heart.
Consider your heart broken! CHAI - Horse Racing - Slaughter of Racehorses

Old 12-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Commoner

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall in diner Porcelanosa in Clarence House (photo Hola! Scanning by me)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ul2007/chc.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...007/chc002.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...007/chc001.jpg
Old 01-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Royal Highness

Royal racehorse to be trained by Ralph Beckett

The first racehorse owned and bred jointly by Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, will be trained in Hampshire by Ralph Beckett.

Royal racehorse to be trained by Ralph Beckett - Equestrian news, equine news, horse news - Horse & Hound
Old 01-03-2008, 06:06 PM

^ Well, I don't like that they are involved in horse racing but it's not possible for me to like everything about everyone's personal choices. I don't like horse racing period, but I'm outnumbered, so.......

Trianahope, those pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Courtier

"But the premier guest will be His Royal Highness Prince Charles and wife Camilla who will make Jamaica a stop during their visit to the region in March"

so does this mean Prince Charles and Camilla will visit Jamaica this March? I am still guessing what countries will they visit this year? My top wish is to be their visit to China during the Olympics Games in Beijing.

Jamaica Gleaner News - Something extra - Friday | January 4, 2008
Old 01-04-2008, 10:13 AM

Well I'd say they're touring the Carribean 'cos it says they're visiting the region. So if Jamaica is one stop I'd say it'll be the Commonwealth countries in that part of the world. Which makes sense.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
^ Well, I don't like that they are involved in horse racing but it's not possible for me to like everything about everyone's personal choices. I don't like horse racing period, but I'm outnumbered, so.......
What's your problem with horse racing???? Its a noble sport that keeps thousands of people throughout the world employed!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:06 AM
Royal Highness

Where did you get that hat? Prince reveals all
January 5

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall returned from a series of overseas vists last year weighed down with expensive and sometimes impractical gifts, ranging from an Arab stallion to a pistol, Clarence House reveals today.

Where did you get that hat? Prince reveals all - Times Online
Old 01-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Majesty

millaCa,
Thanks for the article!
Times Online is a reputable source of information, isn't it? I for one think that the article sounds somewhat rude and ungrateful. It is unacceptable to comment on any gifts in such manner.
I am curious whether the Clarence House has officially authorized this article. If yes, what is the purpose of this article?
Old 01-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Here is the official source from the PoW - website:

The Prince of Wales - A list of gifts given to TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall on official overseas tours during 2007 is published by Clarence House

( there you can downlaod a list with all gifts)
Old 01-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Majesty

millaCa,
I am grateful for providing additional information.
Once again I am puzzled why the Clarence House has published the list of the gifts given during trips abroad. Although I do understand inconvenience of storing all these impractical gifts, it is still impolite to provide comments on presents and compare them.
Well … perhaps, it is acceptable in Europe though. I have recently read an article stating that Frenchmen sell gifts they consider impractical.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
millaCa,
Thanks for the article!
Times Online is a reputable source of information, isn't it? I for one think that the article sounds somewhat rude and ungrateful. Is is unacceptable to comment on any gifts in such manner?
I am curious whether the Clarence House has officially authorized this article. If yes, what is the purpose of this article?
CH publishes a list of the gifts they have received because the law states they must. The comments made by the author are not approved by CH and show, once again, that some authors have a distinct lack of manners.

As you will see from the official disclosure, no comments are made, just a straightforward list.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
millaCa,
I am grateful for providing additional information.
Once again I am puzzled why the Clarence House has published the list of the gifts given during trips abroad. Although I do understand inconvenience of storing all these impractical gifts, it is still impolite to provide comments on presents and compare them.
Well … perhaps, it is acceptable in Europe though. I have recently read an article stating that Frenchmen sell gifts they consider impractical.
Ever since 2003 when Prince Charles was falsely accused of selling off official gifts Clarence House has publicised the gifts he receives each year. Strictly speaking the Queen should also publicise a list but doesn't. In the same way that the audit of the gifts she received between 1999-2002, which was supposed to have been made after the Prince Charles gift 'scandal' never got published either.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaFay View Post
Ever since 2003 when Prince Charles was falsely accused of selling off official gifts Clarence House has publicised the gifts he receives each year. Strictly speaking the Queen should also publicise a list but doesn't. In the same way that the audit of the gifts she received between 1999-2002, which was supposed to have been made after the Prince Charles gift 'scandal' never got published either.
I guess Her Majesty figures, hey, if it ain't broke, why fix it? If anyone wants to see her official gifts, they can audit the Royal Collection, whose system is so accountable and flawless, they could produce a list with punching a few buttons on a computer and printing it up for anyone to see.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaFay View Post
Ever since 2003 when Prince Charles was falsely accused of selling off official gifts Clarence House has publicised the gifts he receives each year.
Although speechless, I am not totally surprised. I assume that the loyal employees of the Clarence House created yet another awkward situation.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess Charles and Camilla will have quite a jolly time when they read the papers at their breakfast-table tomorrow morning:

When Naomi met Hugo - The Scotsman

When Naomi met Hugo

By TRISTAN STEWART-ROBERTSON
ONE is known for aiming her fiery temper at personal assistants, the other for using fierce rhetoric against world leaders.
Now, in what could well be one of the least likely interviews of 2008, supermodel Naomi Campbell has "grilled" Venezuela's president Hugo Chávez about everything from the Duchess of Cornwall's looks to Fidel Castro's fashion sense.

Quote from the article:

Mr Chávez was keen to find out more about the Royal Family, asking Campbell: "Do you know Prince Charles?" When she replied that she had met him and had known Diana, Mr Chávez declared: "I like the prince. Now he has Camilla, his new girl. She's not as attractive, is she?"

End of quote.

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales