Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 21: June-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic 25.10.2007

I hope there will be a closer pic of Camilla's dress today,
this is the first and only one I was able to find so far,
but the statue with the flag also looks impressing :)

A statue of David Lloyd George is unveiled by the Prince of Wales
in Parliament Square, Westminster, London, as the Duchess of
Cornwall looks on, 25 October 2007:

------> Pic

Iceflower, The outfit was the one which she wore at Christmas Service in Sandringham last year and also on a trip to the USA. There have been another photo more closer came on Polfoto, which i just went to search. However, i was quite surprised with the unveiling Ceremony today, as it was stated on the British Royal Family Site that the Prince of Wales only has to preside an Investiture in the place of the Queen, as well as the Prince of Wales's website, the ceremony was not mentioned.

Maybe the Prince of Wales site did not mention this because we are to get something better than an article. I wish they might update their video podcast. We might have a video from this event. I like the statue. The boldness of Lloyd George is captured.
I don't like Camilla in brown so much. Gordon Brown is a funny man; I like him. ;)

Last edited:

Thank you for posting the Prince's speech, milla Ca! :flowers:
I whole-heartedly agree with this:
Even in the age of the Internet, we need tangible reminders of our political and social heritage

Camilla's uber-elegant outfit puts another feather in her style hat

The Duchess of Cornwall has already firmly established a reputation for style, and the 60-year-old royal was looking more elegant than ever this week as she joined Prince Charles at an official event.
In a chocolate-brown coat accessorised with co-ordinating leopard-print pillar-box hat, trimmed gloves and clutch, the Duchess cut a striking figure as she arrived at London’s Parliament Square for the unveiling ceremony for a statue of former British prime minister David Lloyd George.

Pictures: Charles & Camilla ; unveiling of the statue

That statue is marvelous. It's just like the real Lloyd George, not just in looks but in his whole .... essence or something. I hope the picture of the couple looking up at it has a certain.... :brows: *monthly poll nomination*.... :whistling:

Pics 29.10.2007

Britain's Prince Charles, and Camilla Duchess of Cornwall watch
some clips of popular films in the archive of the British Film Institute
in London Monday, Oct. 29, 2007, during a visit to the BFI.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Why doesn't the article name the film in the screening? Very strange. They just mention the director, Mark Lewis.

Thank you for the pictures iceflower, the expression on Charles' face in 'a lot to eat' says it all don't you think! :D

thanks for the photos, iceflower. "A lot to eat" is really the best description of his expression and I miss Chinese food too:D Definitely the food in China are still the best.

It is not a colourful dragon and it is a colorful lion.I am really hoping that Prince Charles and Camilla will visit China next year.I am sure that he will like a lot of things there.

Time for a new thread.

Part 19, commencing November 2007, can be found here

° ° °

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom