Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 21: June-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the official webpage of Buckingham Palace; HM the Queen, HRH the Duke of Edinburgh, HRH the Princess Royal, HRH the Earl of Wessex, TRH the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester all have engagements the days Queen Sonja celebrates her 70th birthday. This can be a sign of that HRH the Prince of Wales and HRH the Duchess of Cornwall is going to Norway - since they have no engagements mentioned. But still, we just have to wait and see.

All sounds promising at the moment. We shall all have to pray that TRH do go because of course it'll mean a Camilla tiara appearance.

Mahato said:
According to the official webpage of Buckingham Palace; HM the Queen, HRH the Duke of Edinburgh, HRH the Princess Royal, HRH the Earl of Wessex, TRH the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester all have engagements the days Queen Sonja celebrates her 70th birthday. This can be a sign of that HRH the Prince of Wales and HRH the Duchess of Cornwall is going to Norway - since they have no engagements mentioned. But still, we just have to wait and see.
Since TRH also joined Queen Sonja in engagements in Shetland recently, and it appeared that the Duchess of Cornwall went well with Queen Sonja, i also think it is likely that TRH would join in the celebrations this July.

When will Queen Sonja do celebrate her birthday?

BeatrixFan said:
that TRH do go because of course it'll mean a Camilla tiara appearance.
Now that would be nice!

hornsen said:
When will Queen Sonja do celebrate her birthday?

The birthday is on the 4th of July!:flowers:
I hope too, our Royal Couple will be there.

It's all looking likely if you ask me. Something tells me we'll see Camilla in tiara and a nice Norwegian bauble to celebrate Queen Sonja's birthday. Queen Sonja gets on very well with Charles and Camilla by the looks of things so it'd be nice if they did go and Anne and the Gloucesters are busy, as well as Edward. They're the usual.

I just looked at the royal diary and The Princess Royal has no engagements between 3 July and 15 July. So I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. :ermm:

Camilla the WAG faces a tricky test

She is not a natural WAG, but the Duchess of Cornwall will find she is sharing the limelight when she joins the wives and partners of Commonwealth leaders in Africa later this year.

Camilla the WAG faces a tricky test | the Daily Mail
_________
From Richard Kay...who else can write comments like that??:bang:

??? Couldn´t this man find other people to insult? The whole story is far-fetched.

The highlight for me "Privately, diplomats fear the inclusion of Charles and Camilla presents some awkward protocol. One Commonwealth adviser tells me: "All the attending heads of state and their partners will want to be received by the Queen and we're wondering if the Charles and Camilla roadshow will be an unnecessary addition."
What is he talking about?:bang:

:boxing::hammer::chris::hotwater:

AuroraB said:
I just looked at the royal diary and The Princess Royal has no engagements between 3 July and 15 July. So I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. :ermm:

I really hope to see the Duchess of Cornwall radiating in Oslo. I'm particularly curious to see how Queen Beatrix or Queen Margrethe, the two other reigning Queens, will 'handle' Camilla.

If they are on 'kissing' terms, then it again shows the continental cordiality opposed to the British cold.

I'm sure they are on kissing terms. Camilla has met quite alot of the Royals before, albeit in private.

Henri M. said:
I really hope to see the Duchess of Cornwall radiating in Oslo. I'm particularly curious to see how Queen Beatrix or Queen Margrethe, the two other reigning Queens, will 'handle' Camilla.

If they are on 'kissing' terms, then it again shows the continental cordiality opposed to the British cold.
This will be difficult as the birthday is not celebrated in Oslo, but in Stavanger;) and from there a boattrip along the southern coast stopping by places like Arendal and Lindesnes ending up at the summerplace of the King and queen in Tjøme, there are no tiara events schedueld, there is a dinner in a resturant/botanical garden, not a place for tiaras. Its a much more relaxed event than that of King Harald. But then IMo all theese towns are much more charming than Oslo:flowers: and relaxed events gives nicer pictures IMO, even if there are no major bling bling in them

Stavanger Arendal Lindesnes Lillesand Tjøme

Camilla will continue to shine and she will be in her element. She can handle herself.

Larzen said:
This will be difficult as the birthday is not celebrated in Oslo, but in Stavanger;) and from there a boattrip along the southern coast stopping by places like Arendal and Lindesnes ending up at the summerplace of the King and queen in Tjøme, there are no tiara events schedueld, there is a dinner in a resturant/botanical garden, not a place for tiaras. Its a much more relaxed event than that of King Harald. But then IMo all theese towns are much more charming than Oslo:flowers: and relaxed events gives nicer pictures IMO, even if there are no major bling bling in them

Stavanger Arendal Lindesnes Lillesand Tjøme

Even better. It will provide us images of the Duchess interacting with the continental royals in an informal setting.

:flowers:

Thanks for the fantastic images of beautiful Norway!

milla Ca said:
Camilla the WAG faces a tricky test

She is not a natural WAG, but the Duchess of Cornwall will find she is sharing the limelight when she joins the wives and partners of Commonwealth leaders in Africa later this year.

Camilla the WAG faces a tricky test | the Daily Mail
_________
From Richard Kay...who else can write comments like that??:bang:

Also, it's so sad that Kay turns around something that is so unrelated into an excuse to call her a WAG, which I gather is like placing in a category with Victorica Beckham or some other footballer's wife. It's a very cheap shot, once again from the master of cheap shots. In his determination to call Camilla a new name, Kay missed the point entirely of the event itself, the Commonwealth summit. It should, after all, be about the event and not about name-calling.

And isn't it important that Camilla is there as the wife of the future Head of the Commonwealth?

It's not just Camilla he is insulting - the imbecile says

"With Prince Charles finally agreeing to attend his first-ever heads of government conference with the Queen in the Ugandan capital Kampala",

Skydragon said:
It's not just Camilla he is insulting - the imbecile says

"With Prince Charles finally agreeing to attend his first-ever heads of government conference with the Queen in the Ugandan capital Kampala",

But when Prince Charles was President of Clarence, he refused to attend the heads of government conference (some say it was a snub directed at the Queen), that's a well-known fact Skydragon! :ROFLMAO:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Hornsen, do you know what all the pins on his suit signify?
Do you mean the badges showing the sheep and bull? If so you can buy them at the relevant stands to support a particular breed or line. :flowers:

Thanks for the pictures.

Some really nice pictures, thank you Avalon.

Camilla and Charles seem very relaxed, but then the RAF are always pleased to welcome TRH. :flowers: :angel:

Some pictures from yesterdays Falklands War Anniversary parade.

Charles, Camilla & Andrew

Charles & Camilla 2

Charles

Last edited:
You really have to laugh at PPE when it comes to pictures of Camilla. Either they should be less obvious in their 'editing' or get a better photographer! :rolleyes:

More realistic Images from the experts - Getty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom