Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 21: June-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to the Charles and Camilla current events thread, part 18

commencing June 2007

Part 17, covering the period March-June 2007, can be found here.
o

I moved posts regarding the opening of the Third National Assembly for Wales to British Royal Family current events thread, since apart from TRH, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were present as well.

Further information and pictures of Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall's annual summer tour of Wales are to be posted here.

Last edited:
More pictures from June 5 of TRH.

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales wears a hard protective hat as he views retoration work at historic Dyffryn House at St. Nicholas, near Cardiff on June 5, 2007 in Cardiff, Wales.
Prince Charles 1 ; Prince Charles 2 ; Prince Charles 3 ;

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visits Dyffryn Gardens and Arboretum at St. Nicholas, near Cardiff on June 5, 2007 in Cardiff, Wales ----> Prince Charles

Wow she looks amazing! Those colours really are lovely on her.

The Duchess does look great in the outfit. The green looks great on her!

msleiman said:
The Duchess does look great in the outfit. The green looks great on her!

I enjoy hjow she seems to play with colours at her events: white and green are the colours in which the Black Prince, Edward of Woodstock, dressed his Welsh contingent at Crécy in 1346: these men were, as historian D.L. Evans remarked, 'the first troops to appear on a continental battlefield in national uniform.' Thus, by the middle of the fourteenth century, green and white appear to have been understood as the national colours of Wales; they were to be used later by Henry Tudor as the field for the Red Dragon, and they remain to this day the colours of the national flag, upon which the Red Dragon is set."

(Quote from: http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/gb-wa-hs.html)

Plus she wore the dress in which she became The Princess of Wales during this visit: does someone else here, too, thinks it has a significant meaning to her?

Jo of Palatine said:
I enjoy hjow she seems to play with colours at her events: white and green are the colours in which the Black Prince, Edward of Woodstock, dressed his Welsh contingent at Crécy in 1346: these men were, as historian D.L. Evans remarked, 'the first troops to appear on a continental battlefield in national uniform.' Thus, by the middle of the fourteenth century, green and white appear to have been understood as the national colours of Wales; they were to be used later by Henry Tudor as the field for the Red Dragon, and they remain to this day the colours of the national flag, upon which the Red Dragon is set."

(Quote from: Wales: History of Welsh Flags)

Plus she wore the dress in which she became The Princess of Wales during this visit: does someone else here, too, thinks it has a significant meaning to her?

Thank you for the information Jo! :)
I didn't know the story of the Black Prince in connection of white and green. I didn't know about Henry Tudor and he field for the Red Dragon as well, it was very interesting to read.
Based on your knowledgable post and also the significance of the wedding dress / white and green oufit, I would guess the Duchess was honouring the Wales in a way. :rolleyes:

its terrific the historical stuff people share, thanks jo for the info
the outfit i take as a message honouring the welsh connection, OMG that pin is breathtaking even in a tinypic ;) she looks lovely, i'm glad they were so well received, everyone looks so happy

Jo of Palatine said:

(Quote from: http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/gb-wa-hs.html)

I think green has always been her best color! Emerald green is her best color, no doubt.She also looks great in any shade of reds and pinks, but green is best. :flowers:

Camilla joins Charles on visit
6th June

Prince Charles was visiting to see some of its community projects at first hand today (...) he was joined by the Duchess of Cornwall.
In the evening , Charles and Camilla are due to attend a dinner at Cardiff Castle.

Camilla joins Charles on visit: Shropshire Star

Wonderful pictures hornsen, Thank you! :flowers:

Hornsen,

Thank you for the great pictures. It appears that they were having a really good time. :wub:

And a picture from today:

Prince Charles attends a ceremony to celebrate 100 years since the laying of the University of Wales' foundation stone by Edward VII, in Bangor, Wales, Thursday June 7, 2007. The event at the university mirrored the original service held in 1907, and Charles donned university robes before taking part in a procession to where a plaque was to be unveiled to mark the occasion. The Prince is visiting the university on the third day of his annual tour of Wales. -------> Prince Charles

Nice Robes! :D

Charles looks very snazzy indeed. I often think university robes can be far too camp to be taken seriously.

Does anyone have a close up of the watch that Camilla is wearing? I think that I have seem this watch before.

I am so glad that they are in Wales, but disappointed it's only for four days. I wish they could stay longer, but I am fair to them too.... I know they are so busy, especially in May and June. I hope they do many more visits to Wales though! Wales must feel so neglected most of the time by the royals. It's sad.
It's good news, however, about their renovated Welsh retreat! I'm so excited about them having a proper home in the country. It's awesome and long due.

Do we think TRH will go to Norway for Queen Sonja's birthday?

msleiman said:
Does anyone have a close up of the watch that Camilla is wearing? I think that I have seem this watch before.
She is wearing this watch mostly. She seems to have another but, I just saw it twice.
[img=http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/829/watchhi0.th.jpg]
isifa

It´s a pity that Camilla isn´t there today. It had been a nice occasion for her too. And I guess for many people she is the main reason to come by now. Although our handsome prince isn´t to miss too.

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
Do we think TRH will go to Norway for Queen Sonja's birthday?
I hope the Gloucesters will go to that, actually....

BANGOR University welcomed a familiar face to its grounds on Thursday.

HRH The Prince of Wales re-created history today as he took part in a ceremony to celebrate 100 years since the laying of a university's foundation stone by Edward VII

http://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/news?articleid=2937719

Bats put Charles' alterations on hold

A planning application by the Prince of Wales to alter a country retreat was put on hold today because of bats.

icWales - Bats put Charles' alterations on hold

Thank you for posting all the nice pics and reports!:flowers:

I agree, it´s a bit sad that Camilla joins Charles on the tour in Wales for only two days. But she´s tomorrow in Cumbria for a royal duty and we can hope for some nice photos there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom