The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 04:48 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
And what, you couldn't identify her by the fact she was the only member of the public who embraced the Duchess in such a familiar way?

The pigmentation of her skin is irrelevant to the subject, and infact a needless observation altogether, that's all hun

What a shame that someone's personal "PC" agenda has been brought onto the Forum. The lady was Black - fact! If you were describing the incident to someone who had not seen the picture, how would you describe her? Lets not get silly here.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
An important point. And somehow I think the fact that Camilla possesses much less stardom than Diana but is seen as more down-to-earth is helpful because it gives such visits more intimacy. One woman said: "I could talk to her as if she was a relative" - that is important in cases like that when people need the feeling that the highest ranks of society are approachable and helpful, even if this help means only that they listen.

Another idea I had: I doubt that Charles could have fitted that spontaneous visit to that café in order to help the owner with publicity into a schedule with Diana at his side. She would have attracted so much more people, I think and thus change the feeling of the visit as much as the way it would have been conducted.
Well, Diana had her own merits. I think she could be manipulative about taking others' thunder at times (and being completely fair, I think sometimes it was a kind of revenge for being ignored or shoved aside about things) but also at other times, she used very cleverly her "star" power to draw attention where it was lacking! All in all, I think Diana and Camilla were good for the monarchy in their own ways. History, I think, will give them credit where it's due and smudge out all the emotional nonsense. Charles and Diana were a good team if you take out all the cheating and back-stabbing that eventually wrecked things out of control. I know Diana certainly contributed to the problems, but I always say Charles could give as well as he got, and I'm certain that he did! What is important is that now he is wiser for his mistakes with Diana and will be a better person and prince because of it. He has definitely paid very heavily, it seems, and Camilla must be so much comfort to him.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Charles and Diana were a good team if you take out all the cheating and back-stabbing that eventually wrecked things out of control.
I don't think they were ever a 'good team', however it is pointless to go into that on a Charles and Camilla thread.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
What is important is that now he is wiser for his mistakes with Diana and will be a better person and prince because of it.
I don´t want to start this never ending talk again, but sorry, i don´t think the Prince is a better person now because of his experiences with Diana.
Probably he only could never be himself with Diana. When he seems to be wiser now then because of age and because he is such a happy man now and has the time do a good job and not to fight out marital disputes all the time.
I agree with Skydragon, Charles and Diana were never a good team.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Don't want to jump on the bandwagon but I don't think they were a good team either. They did however produce a future king and a spare who both turned out okay despite their mum's death. Charles has simply learned with life's experiences.

Camilla is comfortable being at her husband's side and not trying to steal his thunder. Okay, I'm done.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charles is very lucky that Highgrove and Tetbury seemed to be spared from the flooding because it affected an awful lot of the county. I'm glad he took the time to go and visit some of the victims.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Charles is very lucky that Highgrove and Tetbury seemed to be spared from the flooding because it affected an awful lot of the county. I'm glad he took the time to go and visit some of the victims.

They did get lucky and it was nice Camilla came along this time to the flooding. I looked on a map and the flooding to Highgrove didn't seem that close. But I am curious how many miles away was the closest flooding to them?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tetbury is quite a long way from the Severn and the Avon, where the worst flooding was

Google Image Result for http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/interactive/interactive_map/images/interactive_map.jpg

BBC NEWS | UK | Flood crisis grows as rivers rise
Old 08-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Charles And Camilla Attend Annual Mey Games

Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 08-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

they always seem like they are having so much fun and sharing a private moment even surrounded by people. thanks for the photos
Old 08-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank You for the pictures hornsen. They seemed absolutely full of good humour and they even bought the sun with them, (even if it didn't last all day).
Old 08-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Royal Highness

i love the conversation between charles and the little girl. he surprises me so much sometimes. he doesn't seem the type to be at all interested in children but then he comes right down to her level and says something that she can relate to from the viewpoint of a child. very nice.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Courtier

more pics at annual Mey games

Abaca Press Americas Search Results
Old 08-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice to see the Duchess puts on a new outfit for the Mey Game, she has another outift which she had been stick for Mey Games for several years. But the Duchess and the Prince look happy as always when they watch these games.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-05-2007, 03:55 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for posting the pics of the Royal Couple at the Mey games!
It seems as if they had again a lot of fun there!

Charles and Camilla to open the new visitor centre at the Castle of Mey
August 4

The Royal Couple
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

Charles and Camilla with Ash Windham, chairman of the Elizabeth Castle of Mey Trust
Old 08-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.midlothianadvertiser.co.u...icleid=3087045

A spur of the moment of charity donation after leaving the Castle of Mey.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

Charles and Camilla at Canisbay Church, Caithness
August 5

The Royal Couple at the opening of the church hall

Camilla

Charles and Camilla arrive to attend the Sunday sermon
Old 08-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Thanks, milla Ca. Wonderful photos.

Camilla loves her tweed-dress very much...
Old 08-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
http://www.midlothianadvertiser.co.u...icleid=3087045

A spur of the moment of charity donation after leaving the Castle of Mey.
A very nice story cde, thank you for posting!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:18 AM

The pics from the Mey Games are great. The sea air is doing them wonders. I like what the Duchess wore to the games, as her skirt set off her legs perfectly and this makes her look even slimmer than usual. The Duke of Rothesay is looking chipper as always, quite naturally.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales