Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 21: June-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the picture of the black lady kissing Camilla. Shows her approachable HRH is.

Why a need to make reference of the lady's skin colour? Compulsed to point out the obvious, 'BF'?

Wonderful photographs, though I'd love to do something with that hair of hers. Not so much the cut as that'll probably never change. Merely, provide a bit more bounce to it ontop.

Last edited:
Oh for goodness sake, I called her black because she's black and I wanted to identify her. Ok - Love the picture of the lady who must not be described kissing Camilla.

And what, you couldn't identify her by the fact she was the only member of the public who embraced the Duchess in such a familiar way?

The pigmentation of her skin is irrelevant to the subject, and infact a needless observation altogether, that's all hun ;)

Last edited:
Pics 26.7.2007

"The Duchess of Cornwall arrives with the Prince of Wales at St James the Great, at Castle Acre, Norfolk,
for a concert where a piano concert he commissioned in memory of his grandmother, the Queen Mother,
was being performed" - nice outfit Camilla wore :flowers:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

- nice outfit Camilla wore :flowers:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Thank you iceflower, you really are on the ball with pictures! :flowers: It is a nice outfit, (although not one of her best, IMO), I thought the white jacket was badly creased until I had a closer look and realised it was a sewn in design. :zen:

"The Duchess of Cornwall arrives with the Prince of Wales at St James the Great, at Castle Acre, Norfolk,
for a concert where a piano concert he commissioned in memory of his grandmother, the Queen Mother,
was being performed" - nice outfit Camilla wore :flowers:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

I'm old-fashioned, I know, but she is so much what The Princess of Wales should be. I'm not really interested in the abyss of her soul but I like it when a monarchy has two people as heirs who seem to love each other. There are positions where individuality and stardom have its place but for Senior Royals I prefer somebody "classical".

I like her dress. It looks fresh to me. But, she is looking so very thin! Almost scary.

The dress is nice. But I don't think she looks too thin. She looks normal to me.

Milla Ca, as to this and your other comment
before, I think we would make a great team if we worked together somewhere :)

Lovely pics again, thank you iceflower! I really would like to do some German teamwork!:flowers:

The pic of Camilla with the two bunches of flowers is so nice. A love her smile it´s more important here than her suit is (for me).:)

Thank you to Skydragon for all these interesting articles from today!:flowers:

Camilla and Olive have known each other for over 20 years. Nice to see Camilla and a friend sharing a hug.:flowers:

You are all most welcome :flowers:
Today some additional pics were added, so here they are:
The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall during an interval of
the concert at St James the Great, at Castle Acre, Norfolk, 26 July 2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Pics 27.7.2007

Here are more pics from today:
The Duchess of Cornwall and the Prince of Wales during a visit to Upton-upon-Severn in Worcestershire
which was badly affected by recent flooding- 27 July 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

isifa gallery

Flood victims welcome visit from Charles nad Camilla

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall gave the people of Upton-upon-Severn a vital boost when they visited the flooded town.

Flood Victims Welcome Visit From Charles And Camilla (from Worcester News)

How sweet is the conversation of little Abigail and the Prince....:wub:

Abigail's conversation with the Prince was better than what her older brother, Charlie, said: "He looks old!" :ROFLMAO: Boys, so juvenile! :lol:

I'm happy that they are visiting the flooded regions of their country. They are accomplishing they duty. Royals must be with their peoples. If people is happy, it's their duty to be with them in their happiness, and if a tragedy strikes them, they also must be there, supporting them in their sadness.

Good for Duchess of Cornwalls and Prince of Wales! :flowers:

Vanesa

I'm happy that they are visiting the flooded regions of their country. They are accomplishing they duty. Royals must be with their peoples. If people is happy, it's their duty to be with them in their happiness, and if a tragedy strikes them, they also must be there, supporting them in their sadness.

Good for Duchess of Cornwalls and Prince of Wales! :flowers:

Vanesa

An important point. And somehow I think the fact that Camilla possesses much less stardom than Diana but is seen as more down-to-earth is helpful because it gives such visits more intimacy. One woman said: "I could talk to her as if she was a relative" - that is important in cases like that when people need the feeling that the highest ranks of society are approachable and helpful, even if this help means only that they listen.

Another idea I had: I doubt that Charles could have fitted that spontaneous visit to that café in order to help the owner with publicity into a schedule with Diana at his side. She would have attracted so much more people, I think and thus change the feeling of the visit as much as the way it would have been conducted.

And what, you couldn't identify her by the fact she was the only member of the public who embraced the Duchess in such a familiar way?

The pigmentation of her skin is irrelevant to the subject, and infact a needless observation altogether, that's all hun ;)

What a shame that someone's personal "PC" agenda has been brought onto the Forum. The lady was Black - fact! If you were describing the incident to someone who had not seen the picture, how would you describe her? Lets not get silly here.

An important point. And somehow I think the fact that Camilla possesses much less stardom than Diana but is seen as more down-to-earth is helpful because it gives such visits more intimacy. One woman said: "I could talk to her as if she was a relative" - that is important in cases like that when people need the feeling that the highest ranks of society are approachable and helpful, even if this help means only that they listen.

Another idea I had: I doubt that Charles could have fitted that spontaneous visit to that café in order to help the owner with publicity into a schedule with Diana at his side. She would have attracted so much more people, I think and thus change the feeling of the visit as much as the way it would have been conducted.

Well, Diana had her own merits. I think she could be manipulative about taking others' thunder at times (and being completely fair, I think sometimes it was a kind of revenge for being ignored or shoved aside about things) but also at other times, she used very cleverly her "star" power to draw attention where it was lacking! All in all, I think Diana and Camilla were good for the monarchy in their own ways. History, I think, will give them credit where it's due and smudge out all the emotional nonsense. Charles and Diana were a good team if you take out all the cheating and back-stabbing that eventually wrecked things out of control. I know Diana certainly contributed to the problems, but I always say Charles could give as well as he got, and I'm certain that he did! What is important is that now he is wiser for his mistakes with Diana and will be a better person and prince because of it. He has definitely paid very heavily, it seems, and Camilla must be so much comfort to him.

Charles and Diana were a good team if you take out all the cheating and back-stabbing that eventually wrecked things out of control.
I don't think they were ever a 'good team', however it is pointless to go into that on a Charles and Camilla thread. :deadhorse: :hornets:

What is important is that now he is wiser for his mistakes with Diana and will be a better person and prince because of it.

I don´t want to start this never ending talk again, but sorry, i don´t think the Prince is a better person now because of his experiences with Diana.
Probably he only could never be himself with Diana. When he seems to be wiser now then because of age and because he is such a happy man now and has the time do a good job and not to fight out marital disputes all the time.
I agree with Skydragon, Charles and Diana were never a good team.

Don't want to jump on the bandwagon but I don't think they were a good team either. They did however produce a future king and a spare who both turned out okay despite their mum's death. Charles has simply learned with life's experiences.

Camilla is comfortable being at her husband's side and not trying to steal his thunder. Okay, I'm done.

Charles is very lucky that Highgrove and Tetbury seemed to be spared from the flooding because it affected an awful lot of the county. I'm glad he took the time to go and visit some of the victims.

Charles is very lucky that Highgrove and Tetbury seemed to be spared from the flooding because it affected an awful lot of the county. I'm glad he took the time to go and visit some of the victims.

They did get lucky and it was nice Camilla came along this time to the flooding. I looked on a map and the flooding to Highgrove didn't seem that close. But I am curious how many miles away was the closest flooding to them?

they always seem like they are having so much fun and sharing a private moment even surrounded by people. thanks for the photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom