Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 21: June-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really have to laugh at PPE when it comes to pictures of Camilla. Either they should be less obvious in their 'editing' or get a better photographer! :rolleyes:

More realistic Images from the experts - Getty

They do have one of the best photographers Skydragon,dutch btw,the brits haven't come up with one to beat him,thank you.

As I said before,the captions are sometimes lousy,as is the headlamp of dear Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall and the "more realistic images" by Getty just shows the very same,just more distant,how british.....:D

my favorite photographer at work once again:
HRH The Prince of Wales, HRH The Duchess of Cornwal and HRH Prince Andrew Comemmoration 25 Falklands 25 years, London 17 th June 2007

Courtesy Royal Press Europe/ALBERT NIEBOER.

Last edited:
the 'antenna' on camilla's hat is a bit much of a good thing but otherwise i love her outfit! the flowing skirt is so feminine and the colors are just right for the occassion.

lucien said:
They do have one of the best photographers
I think I will stick with Getty, put it down to different tastes.

the 'antenna' on camilla's hat is a bit much of a good thing but otherwise i love her outfit! the flowing skirt is so feminine and the colors are just right for the occassion.

They are really irksome! They look as though they would just snap off if I could get my hands on them. :bang: HRH really could do without them. Other than that, I loved her look.:flowers:

I liked the first hat she has on in the Getty photos. The second one closer to the bottom looks nice but it looks frustrating. This is because it looks as she had to hold it on her head the whole time, like if she let go, she would lose it. That took away from the look of it. JMO

Other than that they both looked lgreat. :flowers:

The Office of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall publishes its Annual Review
26th June 2007

The Household of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall reduced its carbon emissions by 9 per cent last year, and has set a target to reduce emissions by at a least another 12.5 per cent by 2012.

The Prince of Wales - The Office of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall publishes its Annual Review
________

When you open this site you can download the whole Annual Review.

Last edited by a moderator:
the mind reels OMG how do they manage skydragon! good grief is that in all total? or at any given time? my lawd, at 3 shifts a day thats over 40 people!! no wonder camilla likes to hang out at her farm, to avoid the crowds. i assume by aides they are not counting maids, cooks and the guy that puts toothpaste on his toothbrush!

Glad to see it wasn't Charles or Camilla complaining.

So do I, they would have been endlessly criticized

the mind reels OMG how do they manage skydragon! good grief is that in all total? or at any given time? my lawd, at 3 shifts a day thats over 40 people!! no wonder camilla likes to hang out at her farm, to avoid the crowds. i assume by aides they are not counting maids, cooks and the guy that puts toothpaste on his toothbrush!
No,the prince and the duchess have 106 staff in total,30 of them are private staff, including bulters, velets and dresser,cooks,maids,etc. The rest are people working for his duties to support the Queen, his charities, Camilla's charties, and his future ideas and developments. They are different levels of secetaries with different works, communication people,adminstrative people, accountants and financial advisers etc. The prince does hire many people but Sir Michael Peat still stressed that they are understaff.

'Understaffed' Charles gets by with 130 aides'

The Prince of Wales' most senior aide claimed today he was "understaffed", despite new figures showing that the heir to the throne employs more than 130 people.

By Matthew Moore and agencies
Last Updated: 2:33pm BST 26/06/2007

'Understaffed' Charles gets by with 130 aides | Uk News | News | Telegraph

I thought Charles as the heir holds the Duchy of Cornwall while the Duchy of Lancaster is held by the souverain? Doesn't the Telegraph know this?:ermm:

Royal retainers

Prince Charles employs 135 full-time staff, but his senior aide, Sir Michael Peat, insisted that "this organisation is understaffed, if anything".

Royal retainers | Uk News | News | Telegraph

We can all imagine the headlines if Charles made 10 or 20 redundant. Like any business, you have staff, Charles and the Duchy is no different. I bet, unlike most businesses, most of them actually do work and not sit around gossiping.

Last edited:
Do we think Camilla will get attacked by the Press for the number of engagement she has carried out last year? I think they will not make too much fuss as she has done about 220 last year.

That said, if Camilla wants to increase her credibility as a hard working royal supporting her chosed causes (and to increase her acceptability as a future Queen), she will probably need to gradually increase the number of public engagements to around 400 per year. She has got to appear energetic and passionate, so has to kick off the "lazy Camilla" tag that she has rather unfortunately acquired

Do we think Camilla will get attacked by the Press for the number of engagement she has carried out last year? I think they will not make too much fuss as she has done about 220 last year.

That said, if Camilla wants to increase her credibility as a hard working royal supporting her chosed causes (and to increase her acceptability as a future Queen), she will probably need to gradually increase the number of public engagements to around 400 per year. She has got to appear energetic and passionate, so has to kick off the "lazy Camilla" tag that she has rather unfortunately acquired

Maybe not always the number of engagements is so important but also the quality of every single duty! And Camilla does a wonderful job!
And also you should mention that the Duchess had a major operation in March and she had to rest afterwards for more than two month.

That said, if Camilla wants to increase her credibility as a hard working royal supporting her chosed causes (and to increase her acceptability as a future Queen),
Camilla's chosen cause is primarily to support her husband, The Prince of Wales. As milla Ca has said, it is all very well doing 10 engagements in a day if nobody gets to spend time with her. At least she seems to have or read up on the various causes she supports and know something about the areas she is visiting!

Alastair Campbell on the Royal family

In September Campbell had to accompany Tony Blair and Cherie to a lunch meeting with Prince Charles at Highgrove.
Campbell, who was accompanied by Lizzie McCrossan, a Downing Street secretary, complains that the whole experience "was so far back in time it felt extra-planetary".

Alastair Campbell on the Royal family | Uk News | News | Telegraph

It seems Charles showed great restraint, I would have put Campbell in the barn!

Camilla's chosen cause is primarily to support her husband, The Prince of Wales. As milla Ca has said, it is all very well doing 10 engagements in a day if nobody gets to spend time with her. At least she seems to have or read up on the various causes she supports and know something about the areas she is visiting!

I agree with most posts here about Camilla's attributes. I will never say a word of criticism about her work because I think she does a terrific job at her engagements, and she is definitely knowledgeable about her causes, most of all of course, osteoporosis, from her personal experience and readings.

Having said that, I have to express my annoyance at all this talk of her just being "there to support her husband". I think it is time now to view wives as individuals apart from just being there to "support the husband". I will grant you that Camilla would ideally strike a balance in being her own person without upstaging Prince Charles like Diana did, but going too far to the extreme (let her just support him, all about him) is maybe setting a dangerous precedent of its own.

Alastair Campbell on the Royal family

In September Campbell had to accompany Tony Blair and Cherie to a lunch meeting with Prince Charles at Highgrove.
Campbell, who was accompanied by Lizzie McCrossan, a Downing Street secretary, complains that the whole experience "was so far back in time it felt extra-planetary".

Alastair Campbell on the Royal family | Uk News | News | Telegraph

It seems Charles showed great restraint, I would have put Campbell in the barn!

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Alastair Campbell (I don't live in the UK)?

He was Blair's spin doctor.

Well the meeting between Cherie and Pcsse Anne is an old stuff...Something new guys?
Isn't a little weird to ask to use the swimming pool during a lunch with the Prince of Wales....

Having said that, I have to express my annoyance at all this talk of her just being "there to support her husband". I think it is time now to view wives as individuals apart from just being there to "support the husband". I will grant you that Camilla would ideally strike a balance in being her own person without upstaging Prince Charles like Diana did, but going too far to the extreme (let her just support him, all about him) is maybe setting a dangerous precedent of its own.
That wasn't what I said, I said her chosen cause is to support her husband, his is to support her.

There is a world of difference between just being there to support him and choosing to support him. Camilla strikes me as very much being her own person, she has shown that she is able to support causes that are separate from her husband's, be in her own company and support Charles. That is how marriage is supposed to work, each giving love and support whenever it is needed and in whatever way. :flowers:

I agree with most posts here about Camilla's attributes. I will never say a word of criticism about her work because I think she does a terrific job at her engagements, and she is definitely knowledgeable about her causes, most of all of course, osteoporosis, from her personal experience and readings.

I agree with CasiraghiTrio. Actually Camilla is already doing quite a few solo engagements + given 3 speeches in 1st 2 years of marriage whereas Diana only managed her 1st (5 minutes in Cardiff) after 5 years. But the problem with Diana wasn't that she overshadowed her husband in popularity but that she allowed him to do most of the work on a royal engagement & then swanned in at the end to be photographed. I saw this happen in front of my eyes on their last joint engagement outside London (31st May 1993 outside Liverpool Cathedral where they had attended a service for survivors of the WWII Battle of the Atlantic). Diana allowed Prince Charles to meet and talk to about 75% of the relatives in a line-up outside the Cathedral while she spent most of the time chatting & flirting with a royal equerry behind the Prince's back. She only joined in right at the end of the line-up when he got near the camera-men. Interestingly when they both came out to greet the crowds near their car before they drove off the crowds were equally divided between those shouting in favour of Diana and those in favour of Charles. The problem wasn't that everybody loved Diana and disapproved of Charles but that the public were split in half & that's why they couldn't continue doing engagements together. Compare all this with Charles and Camilla's joint engagements where they share the work of the engagement together & seem to enjoy each others company while they do so.

IMO all this tosh about Camilla being lazy was deliberately dreamt up by Richard Kay with the backing of the Spencer/Fellowes family faction at court, who still have power 'behind the throne' at Buckingham Palace. Lord Fellowes (Diana's brother-in-law) now holds the prestigious post of Secretary to the Queen's personal Order of Merit.

I also agree with those who say that Camilla should of course attend the Diana memorial service. She ws invited by her stepsons and it would be the highly rude if she snubbed them. I posted a comment on the Daily Mail's website, but like others it doesn't seem to have been selected. Personally I don't understand how Camilla's son Tom can still bear to work for the Daily Mail. But perhaps with a child on the way money speaks louder than words

Thanks Elspeth and BeatrixFan for the information!

IMO all this tosh about Camilla being lazy was deliberately dreamt up by Richard Kay with the backing of the Spencer/Fellowes family faction at court, who still have power 'behind the throne' at Buckingham Palace. Lord Fellowes (Diana's brother-in-law) now holds the prestigious post of Secretary to the Queen's personal Order of Merit.

Personally I don't understand how Camilla's son Tom can still bear to work for the Daily Mail. But perhaps with a child on the way money speaks louder than words

i would love to blame Richard Kay for the lazy comment but actually Mark Bolland said it. She was "monumentally lazy" and then went on to describe that a member of her family described her as " the laziest women to have been born in England in the 20th Century".

But Bolland likes to have his "fun"since he didn't get his gong so one takes that into consideration when he says things.. It was a pity CH didn't handle the situation better when Bolland left. All his "fun" could have been avoided.

I also think it is interesting Tom works for the Mail. But I guess it isn't that easy to get a food column in national newspaper and Camilla probably tells him to ignore it. I must admit for not being into food, I do like his articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom