The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

A quote from: The Prince of Wales - TRH open an eco-friendly visitor centre in Wiltshire

The Prince has his own wildflower meadow at Highgrove, which he started as an experiment to protect our native flora and fauna which was in decline due to modern farming methods.
The meadow already boasts around 32 different varieties of endangered native plants including ox-eye daisies, yellow rattle, common spotted orchid, meadow crane’s bill and ragged robin.

For those interested in such wildflower meadows: a German charity project lets disabled young adults create mats of wildflower seeds without grass in them and sells the product online. You need not even remove the lawn before putting the mats on the corner where you want to have the wildflower meadow. It's easy, affordable and works well - I'm sure the prince would sell the same product if he was aware of how to do it! I wonder if I should infoirm his office about it?

Here's the link: WIR ÃœBER UNS (unfortunately only in German)
Here's a pic of the meadow: WIR ZUR PRESSE (then click on "Vorschau" under the pics)

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Mischievous Camilla turns green-fingered Charles into 'lilac lady'

Keen gardener Prince Charles is well known for being green fingered, but the heir to the throne was sporting a rather more unusual hue on Monday when he opened a new £1.2 million nature reserve in north Wiltshire. Much to the amusement of onlookers, the Prince donned a fetching lilac-coloured pair of gardening gloves to help with the planting, after a mischievous Camilla picked up the green pair intended for Charles and left the women's lilac ones for her husband.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Double royal date for museum

SHETLAND is preparing for a double royal visit later this month to mark the opening of the new Museum and Archives at Hay's Dock

Shetland Today: Shetland Times Online News Feature
Old 05-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Jealousy, jealousy, in every word of this article. She has no way of knowing if Charles was unhappy with Camilla, she has no way of knowing it was not Charles who suggested his 'darling wife', should have a little break.

"I think it’s safe to say (not having spoken to Clarence House on the subject – the trip was supposed to be secret so it’s not commenting) that Charles probably thinks his wife has undermined him unsupportively on the single thing he cares most passionately about".

The bolded section from the article says it all and I have news for this 'woman', I think it's safe to say that the only holiday plans that split a family, momentarily, is how much to spend!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I moved several recent posts to Title for Camilla thread, since the discussion was of the title the Duchess of Cornwall will have, upon the accession to the Throne of the Prince of Wales.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

We have a dedicated thread for the Chelsea Flower Show, here.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I understand that PC recently had solar panels installed at Highgrove. Does anyone has photos? Are they very visable?
Old 05-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Pics 22.5.2007

The Prince of Wales speaks to guests - 22 May 2007- during a reception hosted by his wife, Camilla The Duchess of Cornwell and himself for the Royal Television Society at Clarence House, St James's Palace. AFP PHOTO

Charles
Camilla 1
Camilla 2
Old 05-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

What lovely pictures iceflower, Thank You!
Old 05-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
I understand that PC recently had solar panels installed at Highgrove. Does anyone has photos? Are they very visable?
I doubt they'd be visible; there are all sorts of restrictions on what you can do to listed buildings. They're probably somewhere in the grounds.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

The panels are indeed not visible. We had a picture soon after they were installed and the panels couldn't be noticed.

Wonderful pictures Iceflower, thank you for them.
Another Gallery of Pictures from Getty from the event.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:37 PM

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | St Trinian's promises class act

The Duchess of Cornwall has been Rupert Everett's inspiration for his drag role of the Headmistress of St Trinians in the remake of the film. Miss Fritton now carries the name of 'Camilla Fritton'.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I assume the solar panels are on the roof for maximum exposure/shortest route to travel to the house? It's nice that PC unlike others is willing to 'put his money where his mouth is' as he old saying goes!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
I assume the solar panels are on the roof for maximum exposure/shortest route to travel to the house? It's nice that PC unlike others is willing to 'put his money where his mouth is' as he old saying goes!
Over here in the states, one can "sell" their electricity back to the electric company when they use less than what they are producing. Does it work that way in the UK?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Over here in the states, one can "sell" their electricity back to the electric company when they use less than what they are producing. Does it work that way in the UK?
Yes, it does.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Courtier

Charles and Camilla visit Northern Ireland..

BBC NEWS | UK | Northern Ireland | Charles and Camilla on NI visit
Old 05-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall in Northern Ireland.
Prince Charles nd the Duchess of Cornwall chat to staff during a tour of the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum in Cultra in County Down during the first of a two-day visit to Northern Ireland, 23 May 2007. The prince had to pop into an old fashioned sweet shop for some cough sweets during the visit. The Royal couple also tasted some traditional soda farls during the event.

Pictures:
Prince Charles and Camilla chat to staff during tour of the Ulster Folk and Transport Myseum
Prince Charles and Camilla at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum
Prince Charles and Camilla (Camilla looks especially lovely here)
Prince Charles (and a glimpse of Camilla behind him)
Old 05-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Aristocracy

Pictures from getty:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 05-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Throat lozenges soothe way for Charles on Ulster visit

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall today surprised an Ulster shopkeeper when they dropped in to pick up some throat lozenges and some jelly babies during a visit to the province.

Throat lozenges soothe way for Charles on Ulster visit - Local & National - News - Belfast Telegraph

OAPs claim squatters rights over bowling green row

Pensioners fighting to save their bowls club have claimed squatters' rights after going to war with a pub landlord who wants to build on their green

OAPs claim squatters rights over bowling green row | the Daily Mail
Old 05-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Royal Highness

Charles and Camilla on Ulster visit

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are in Northern Ireland today for a series of engagements.

Throat lozenges soothe way for Charles on Ulster visit - Local & National - News - Belfast Telegraph

(with a little picture gallery)

Thank you for the pics and infos to everybody who posted!

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales