Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 20: March-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
milla Ca,
Thanks for the wonderful pictures. It appears that the weather is a little breezy and wet! :)

AuroraB said:
milla Ca,
Thanks for the wonderful pictures. It appears that the weather is a little breezy and wet! :)
Very wet, very breezy but, Camilla & Charles always seem to cope so well with it. They always seem able, through it all, to smile! :butterfly:

bbb said:
it really BUGS ME they keep referring to her as Camilla parker bowles!!!

it is annoying. why do they do it. i think it does her an injustice particularly since she agrees not to use the PoW style.

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall entered the public eye as Mrs.Parker Bowles and some people(mainly ill-informed members of the press) just don't seem to realize that she's now the former Camilla Parker Bowles.I guess,that by the time Charles ascends the throne they'll be calling her HRH The Duchess of Cornwall...

If you look at the captions, you'll se the Duchess is always called The Duchess of Cornwall, not Camilla Parker Bowles, so I think Abaca is not intentionally showing disrespect, more likely it's a problem with links (they might have used CPB prior to Charles and Camilla's marriage and now it might be problematic to convert all of those to Duchess of Cornwall).

Last edited:
I just received my copy of 'Windsor Castle a Royal Year' which ends with C and C's wedding. it has a lot of exclusive footage of the wedding never seen before.

You´re most welcome Avalon!:flowers:
Thank you for the other pics, all of them are very nice!

Great pics from today, thanks for posting milla and Avalon.
My favourites are the two you entitled "the handsome Prince", milla, these are really great, showing us the
"real" Charles in the nature he loves.. Thanks :)

Thank you both Avalon and milla Ca for the lovely pictures. They really are a delightful couple! :king2: :princess2: :heartflower:

Thank you all very much. Lovely photos.
I think the both made a fun with these gloves. Probably the pink gloves were reserved for Camilla and the green for Charles. :lol:

Lovely photos. Thanks for posting them.

It's great seeing the Duchess has recovered from her operation and supports the Prince of Wales on engagements.

Skydragon said:
Very wet, very breezy but, Camilla & Charles always seem to cope so well with it. They always seem able, through it all, to smile! :butterfly:

I wish it very breezy and wet where I am where it is scorching! :sun:I love that kind of weather.

TRH seem to be pleasant even in the worst of weather and the Duchess is well on her way to a full recovery.

Last edited:
A quote from: The Prince of Wales - TRH open an eco-friendly visitor centre in Wiltshire

The Prince has his own wildflower meadow at Highgrove, which he started as an experiment to protect our native flora and fauna which was in decline due to modern farming methods.
The meadow already boasts around 32 different varieties of endangered native plants including ox-eye daisies, yellow rattle, common spotted orchid, meadow crane’s bill and ragged robin.

For those interested in such wildflower meadows: a German charity project lets disabled young adults create mats of wildflower seeds without grass in them and sells the product online. You need not even remove the lawn before putting the mats on the corner where you want to have the wildflower meadow. It's easy, affordable and works well - I'm sure the prince would sell the same product if he was aware of how to do it! I wonder if I should infoirm his office about it?

Here's the link: WIR ÃœBER UNS (unfortunately only in German)
Here's a pic of the meadow: WIR ZUR PRESSE (then click on "Vorschau" under the pics)

Mischievous Camilla turns green-fingered Charles into 'lilac lady' :D

Keen gardener Prince Charles is well known for being green fingered, but the heir to the throne was sporting a rather more unusual hue on Monday when he opened a new £1.2 million nature reserve in north Wiltshire. Much to the amusement of onlookers, the Prince donned a fetching lilac-coloured pair of gardening gloves to help with the planting, after a mischievous Camilla picked up the green pair intended for Charles and left the women's lilac ones for her husband.

milla Ca said:
Jealousy, jealousy, in every word of this article. She has no way of knowing if Charles was unhappy with Camilla, she has no way of knowing it was not Charles who suggested his 'darling wife', should have a little break.

"I think it’s safe to say (not having spoken to Clarence House on the subject – the trip was supposed to be secret so it’s not commenting) that Charles probably thinks his wife has undermined him unsupportively on the single thing he cares most passionately about".

The bolded section from the article says it all and I have news for this 'woman', I think it's safe to say that the only holiday plans that split a family, momentarily, is how much to spend! :rolleyes: :bang:

I moved several recent posts to Title for Camilla thread, since the discussion was of the title the Duchess of Cornwall will have, upon the accession to the Throne of the Prince of Wales.

We have a dedicated thread for the Chelsea Flower Show, here.

I understand that PC recently had solar panels installed at Highgrove. Does anyone has photos? Are they very visable?

Pics 22.5.2007

The Prince of Wales speaks to guests - 22 May 2007- during a reception hosted by his wife, Camilla The Duchess of Cornwell and himself for the Royal Television Society at Clarence House, St James's Palace. AFP PHOTO

Charles
Camilla 1
Camilla 2

What lovely pictures iceflower, Thank You! :flowers:

scooter said:
I understand that PC recently had solar panels installed at Highgrove. Does anyone has photos? Are they very visable?

I doubt they'd be visible; there are all sorts of restrictions on what you can do to listed buildings. They're probably somewhere in the grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom