Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 19: January-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
Welcome to part 16 of the thread for discussion of Charles and Camilla's current events.

Part 15 is here.

Skydragon,

IMO Charlie Spencer probably won't be appearing at the memorial service with his second family, not after the fiasco in SA with his first family and his current girlfriend. :D I don't think the word honour is in his vocabulary. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Camilla appears to have recovered from the stomach bug! :flowers:

This picture (from Abaca) is from Sunday 7th Jan, on their way to Crathie Church.

CHARLES AND CAMILLA

Last edited by a moderator:
So nice to see them together and to know that Camilla feels much better again.
Thank you for the pic Skydragon!:flowers:

thanks for the update, i'm glad she's feeling better.

I don't think I have ever seen a picture of Charles driving himself! lol I know he is a sports car enthusiast, I just can't ever recall a photo of him driving. They look so completely normal in that photo, which I find is really charming. Thanks for the pic!

lord_rankin said:
I don't think I have ever seen a picture of Charles driving himself! lol I know he is a sports car enthusiast, I just can't ever recall a photo of him driving. They look so completely normal in that photo, which I find is really charming. Thanks for the pic!

Charles very often is driving himself with Camilla. Especially when they are in Scotland. Look through this threads and you will find more pics like that.

There has also been a lot of photos of Charles driving to/from polo matches over the years.

Thank You for the article milla Ca, I had to laugh at this statement,
Prince Charles may soon be showing off an intricately designed kilt and blowing on some instrumental pipes in good ol' Scotland.
Are they saying he is going to design himself a new style kilt and learn to play 'some instrumental pipes'? :lol:

How nice to know the Government take Royal security so seriously. It's not like it's happened before though is it? :rolleyes: Is it going to take the murder of a member of the Royal Family to get them to take it seriously?

According to Wikipedia the Highgrove Estate is 900 acres (364 hectares) of parkland, wood, farm buildings, and the big house.
The Telegraph article states the man was "detained within the grounds" of the estate. That gives no clue as to how close he came, or how far away he was, when he was found.

Warren said:
According to Wikipedia the Highgrove Estate is 900 acres (364 hectares) of parkland, wood, farm buildings, and the big house.
The Telegraph article states the man was "detained within the grounds" of the estate. That gives no clue as to how close he came, or how far away he was, when he was found.

I just saw the reports on Sky News that allegedly terrorists had formed a gang and planned to kidnap, torture and kill an as yet unknown individual in order to post the videos on the internet as a method of terror.

And the next moment I hear about an intruder at Highgrove who at least made it over a protection fence. Just imagine 6 or 8 men trying in earnest to kidnap the prince... would police be able to stop them in time? Or trying to kidnap William or Harry? Tough times for Royals at the moment in Britain...

Indeed. The problem is, no Government has ever taken it seriously. When Margaret Thatcher was asked what she thought about the Fagin incident, she said, "I never thought it could happen and of course, Willie (Whitelaw) wanted to resign but we couldn't let him go. We needed Willie". So, even she, as devoted to the Queen as she claims she is, didn't really consider it a sackable offence. John Reid has alot to cope with at the moment and he's suggesting that the Home Office split into two so maybe they'll have a review of Royal Security in with the split to stop things like this happening. In this day and age, we can't afford even one mistake and like Jo, when I heard about the kidnap plot I immediately though of one of the Royals. It's a wicked world.

BeatrixFan said:
I In this day and age, we can't afford even one mistake and like Jo, when I heard about the kidnap plot I immediately though of one of the Royals. It's a wicked world.

I thought the crime expert of Sky News did word his information in a strange way - he said that the identity of the individual threatened is yet unknown to the public but if one would hear about what this young man in his early twenties "does" and "is", one would immediately understand why this plot has the potential to "absolutely shock" Britain. Hmm....

According to most of the sketchy reports, this man was a burglar who thought they were still away and that security had been relaxed, let's not get too carried away. :rolleyes:

Jo of Palatine said:
but if one would hear about what this young man in his early twenties "does" and "is", one would immediately understand why this plot has the potential to "absolutely shock" Britain. Hmm....
I don't know about anyone else, but to see someone being forced to plead for their life and then beheaded, would shock most people. Bad enough that it happens in Iraq, but on your own doorstep!

Terror Kidnap And Beheading Plot Foiled

NOT William at all

Last edited:
I thought the crime expert of Sky News did word his information in a strange way - he said that the identity of the individual threatened is yet unknown to the public but if one would hear about what this young man in his early twenties "does" and "is", one would immediately understand why this plot has the potential to "absolutely shock" Britain. Hmm....
Exactly. The BBC News 24 chap was dropping so many hints that it was Prince William it was unbelievable.

I remember that some years ago there happend another incident at Highgrove, when some drunken men could go unrecognizid near the house before security men arrested them.
Maybe the problem is to have the best security for the royal homes, but not to give them the feeling to live in military barracks.

milla Ca said:
I remember that some years ago there happend another incident at Highgrove, when some drunken men could go unrecognizid near the house before security men arrested them.
Maybe the problem is to have the best security for the royal homes, but not to give them the feeling to live in military barracks.

Lets not forget all the complaints Catherine got for using up police resources! They got the man before he got into the house, that is the main thing!:flowers:

Even though Kate isn't a member of the royal family, I hope she's getting some police protection regardless of who's paying for it. With the high profile she's received thanks to the tabloids, I should think she'd be on the list of potential targets if a terrorist group decided to get ambitious.

Knowing this makes me feel physically ill.

They are nothing but barbarians. Sick and twisted monsters!!!

Thanks for all the pictures Avalon! :flowers:

I don't believe it, that looks like Victor Meldrew in this picture from Wenn

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Richard Wilson for those that have not seen One Foot in the Grave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom