The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Courtier

I may be wrong but, got Camilla new teeth...?

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/5708/regism2.jpg

abaca-press

Old 11-22-2006, 05:51 PM

New teeth? I don't think so. Maybe it's just the angle.

Old 11-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
I may be wrong but, got Camilla new teeth...?

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/5708/regism2.jpg

abaca-press
Those front two look a bit straighter to me. It could be the angle though.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:44 AM
Commoner

Funnily enough, I thought the same thing a day or two ago. Theres no doubt there's something different with her mouth.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Is that for sure? I must admit I don't think much of the decision, if it's true, though of course it would be nice to spend the weekends at TRH's house!
For me too, it´s hard to imagine that TRH will rent their new Welsh house.
I read it yesterday on the BBC website and today the tabloids printed it too, but that means nothing, i know. And before there will be no announcement about this from Clarence House, i think it will be only a dream to make holidays in the ´ Royal country home´....but a sweet one...
Old 11-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Courtier

From PoW website

Quote:
The Duchy of Cornwall will be applying for planning permission to enable the property to be used as occasional holiday lets when The Prince and The Duchess are not there.
so yes it is official that they will rent out the property

Source : http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/medi...ses/index.html

Map for the British Royals
Old 11-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Commoner

cute couples together they are so lovely......
Old 11-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
From PoW website

so yes it is official that they will rent out the property

Source : http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/medi...ses/index.html
Thank you Oppie!
Now it seems to be interesting how they will choose the holidaymakers who can stay there, and how much it will cost?

By the way, i don´t think that Camilla has new teeth, it is only a special reflection of the light on the pic or the angle, as BeatrixFan said.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The Duchy of Cornwall will be applying for planning permission to enable the property to be used as occasional holiday lets when The Prince and The Duchess are not there.
I read that as, they will be building/renovating other buildings to let out. They wouldn't need planning permission to charge people to stay in the house, that would only involve the statutory change of use notification to the local council.

This article has a little more information, whether it is accurate is up to the individual to decide and time to tell.

There is barely enough space between the brown velour armchairs to squeeze through the living room door.
And in the bedroom, the mismatched furniture clashes horribly with garish pink floral wallpaper

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23375669-details/Palatial%20it%20ain't%20-%20welcome%20to%20Prince%20Charles'%20new%20holiday%20home/article.do

Not a very nice article for the family who used to live there, to read!
Old 11-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal couple to visit top village

Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall are visit to the award-winning village of Ashover next month.

http://www.chesterfieldtoday.co.uk/V...icleid=1897924
Old 11-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Royal Highness

Charles and Camilla snap up farmhouse in West Wales

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...s-wales-house/

Patricia Stroud, the former owner said:´´...i´ll hope they´ll be just as happy there. It´s amazing to think the future King will be in our old bedroom.´´

I think, you´re right Skydragon, they will not rent the farmhouse.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Shooting and Shopping: Charles and Camilla get ready for Christmas

When one's at Sandringham with Christmas approaching, thoughts turn to pheasants – and presents. With a loader dutifully carrying his gun, Prince Charles spent the day tramping the Norfolk estate in search of feathered prey.
While he provides game for the table, however, the Duchess of Cornwall is more concerned with supplying gifts to place around the Christmas tree.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla looks very smart, I do like her coat. She probably wanted to do her shopping in private!

I have always hated plus fours, they are not too bad on Charles but, on some larger gentlemen they look awful.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:22 PM

I rather like plus fours. I've got several pairs that I shall never wear again but that were always rather nice to wear. Maybe it's a fetish thing? I do like Camilla's coat. Very wintery and glamorous.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Avalon for sending this article!

I know that Camilla likes to do her Christmas shopping every year in the town of Holt.
I like her coat, she looks very nice. I hope she could enjoy some privacy on her shopping trip.
How is the name for Charles´ trousers? Plus fours ?
For a German it seems to be a very traditional British suit, isn´t it?
I think it suits HRH perfectly for a shooting.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:06 PM

Plus fours are part of the traditional dress for a shoot. Usually you wear them with very long songs in a gaudy colour with little garters. I find that they're pretty much a waste of time at this time of year because once you've got your waterproofs on, you can't see them but most wear them indoors with brogues. They are very smart and nothing says British more than a pair of plus fours.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Courtier

Another nice article from The Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006540870,00.html

Love Camillas hat...
Old 11-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would divorce my husband if he ever wore plus fours with gaudy coloured hose, he wears them with green socks and thankfully he changes out of them when he comes indoors, (he does wear brogues indoors though)! It is just unheard of to wear waterproofs over the top! Some of the newer estates allow you to wear Berghaus or similar jackets but, most still insist on the plus fours and barbour style jackets.

They are cut 4 inches below the knee, milla Ca, (hence the plus four), with an adjustable band (as you would get on a shirt sleeve). The idea is that you tighten the band and the 'trouser' hangs over (the band at the knee). They were also traditionally worn by golfers.

Many estates have them made as part of a suit for their workers, in the tweed associated with that estate.

Tintin from the tales of Herge wears them.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
Another nice article from The Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006540870,00.html

Love Camillas hat...
Don't you think the Sun would at least try to get their facts rightt! The 1st class carriages are separated, the other passengers may have been yards away but, a fairly substantial screen was between them!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:58 PM

Quote:
It is just unheard of to wear waterproofs over the top!
Well, I must say that being rather effiminate, I was offered waterproofs which I accepted but those were only on the December shoots when we were generally trekking through mud in Northumberland. Personally I only ever went for two reasons. One, the lunch and two, I was rather attracted to a beater who seemed to be on duty each time. I never handled a gun though. Anyway, it's nice to see Charles wearing the correct attire!

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales