Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 18: November 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with you lovecc, she's more than fulfilled my expectations of her. the love they have for each other shines for all to see, i especially admire her aging gracefully and not trying to be something she's not.

Very well put love-cc, apparently they both have a very good sense of humour.

You know what they say... "behind every great man, there is a great woman". In this case we must also say "behind every great woman, there is a great man".

Okay, I'm a little late but I like all three looks. But...it would be nice to see Camilla go a little darker. She would definitely wow the masses!:flowers:

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall visited the new Octav Botnar Wing and met staff, patients and supporters of the hospital on 21 November 2006. The new GBP56 million wing is to provide a complete healing environment for patients. The building allows staff to work in a more family-friendly and efficient way, reducing unnecessary admissions to the hospital, and expanding their capacity to treat children.

Prince Charles and Camilla with children
Prince Charles and Camilla with children 2
Prince Charles and Camilla with children 3

Camilla with kids
Camilla with kids 2

Are TRH attending the Diplomatic Reception tonight? It isn't listed on the Royal.Gov.Uk or PrinceofWales.Gov.Uk site so maybe they're not going this year? I hope they are - then we'd get to see Camilla in a tiara and any little orders she may have picked up.

Thanks for those Avalon.

Camilla and Charles look so happy, as do the people around them. Mums, nurses and even the children and they are very difficult to please. :lol:

BeatrixFan said:
Are TRH attending the Diplomatic Reception tonight? It isn't listed on the Royal.Gov.Uk or PrinceofWales.Gov.Uk site so maybe they're not going this year? I hope they are - then we'd get to see Camilla in a tiara and any little orders she may have picked up.

The only event, listed in the official website of the Prince of Wales was the meeting with young patients, staff and volunteers at the new Octav Botnar Wing, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London.

But they often attend events, not listed in the Diary. So there is still hope they will attend the Diplomatic reception.

Let's hope so. I've got a tenner on with a friend that she's going to be wearing a certain yellow ribbon.

From the Official web site of The Prince of Wales.

TRH visit Great Ormond Street Hospital

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall met young patients and their families, staff and volunteers at Great Ormond Street Hospital for children today.
Their Royal Highnesses were visiting the new £61 million Octav Botnar Wing, which is designed to make Great Ormond Street more family-friendly.

I keep my fingers crossed for you BeatrixFan;) !

The pics from today of TRH with the kids are very nice, thank you Avalon!:flowers:
I like it to see that they both have such a good relationship to children. Their shared joy and happiness is great!

Charles and Camilla are setting up home in the very heart of Wales

Prince Charles has bought a property in a secluded spot close to the little-visited village of Myddfai between Llandovery and Llangadog. Robin Turner took a look at what the area has to offer.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200wales/tm_headline=charles-and-camilla-are-setting-up--home-in--the-very-heart-of-wales&method=full&objectid=18135479&siteid=50082-name_page.html

Prince Charles buying home in Wales

PRINCE CHARLES is to buy his first home in Wales, it was confirmed today.​

The only Prince in the village :lol:

PRINCE CHARLES will no doubt be linked to the Little Britain character Daffyd, when London's media realises that his new house is in the vicinity of Llanddewi Brefi.​

Welsh property for The Duchy of Cornwall

22nd November 2006
The Duchy of Cornwall has recently exchanged contracts with the vendors of Llwynywormwood, Myddfai, Llandovery, Carmarthenshire. Completion is set for the end of March 2007.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/mediacentre/pressreleases/welsh_property_for_the_duchy_of_cornwall_424937442.html

The Official update! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the articles, Skydragon. So now they basically have homes in all parts of the UK, don't they?
Here's one sweet story about TRH visit to the Great Ormond Street.

TOT THINKS CHARLES IS DADDY

Little Oliver Flower had Prince Charles howling with delight yesterday by calling him 'Daddy'. The three-year-old was in bed busy playing with plasticine when the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall popped into his ward.

PRINCE CHARLES VISITS THE HOSPITAL THAT SAVED HIS LIFE

Europe's royal families were out in force this week to show their support for World Children's Day. Prince Charles' visit to see children at London's famous Great Ormond Street hospital had an added poignancy as he re-counted how the doctors there had saved his life.​

Last edited:
On the BBC website is a picture gallery with ten photos of Charles´ new welsh home and the surroundings.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6172356.stm

And you can watch there a little vidio with a report from today of the village nearby .

I just read that they will let the house to holidaymakers...sounds not bad for my next UK trip !:lol:

Avalon said:
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales in uniform as Colonel in Chief of the Parachute Regiment and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visit the 3rd Battalion Parachute Regiment in the Hyderabad Barracks on November 22, 2006 in Colchester, England.

Thanks for all the photos! I expect the soldiers were happier seeing them at the barracks rather than on the front line, less work involved, (apart from bulling, cleaning, etc).

On some bases, the CO insists on any bare ground being painted green! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

milla Ca said:
I just read that they will let the house to holidaymakers...sounds not bad for my next UK trip!
Is that for sure? :ohmy: I must admit I don't think much of the decision, if it's true, though of course it would be nice to spend the weekends at TRH's house! :rolleyes: ;)
Skydragon said:
On some bases, the CO insists on any bare ground being painted green!
Ok, call me stupid, but I don't understnad why on earth do they insist to paint any bare ground green? :wacko:

Avalon said:
Ok, call me stupid, but I don't understnad why on earth do they insist to paint any bare ground green? :wacko:

So it all looks absolutly perfect and well cared for. They don't want anyone to know that soldiers and airmen cut across the grass, as a shortcut! :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
So it all looks absolutly perfect and well cared for. They don't want anyone to know that soldiers and airmen cut across the grass, as a shortcut! :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the explanation! :flowers:
I thought the soldiers have extra free time or something, so they try to 'fill the free time' by making them paint the ground! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

New teeth? I don't think so. Maybe it's just the angle.

Funnily enough, I thought the same thing a day or two ago. Theres no doubt there's something different with her mouth.

Avalon said:
Is that for sure? :ohmy: I must admit I don't think much of the decision, if it's true, though of course it would be nice to spend the weekends at TRH's house! :rolleyes: ;)

For me too, it´s hard to imagine that TRH will rent their new Welsh house.
I read it yesterday on the BBC website and today the tabloids printed it too, but that means nothing, i know. And before there will be no announcement about this from Clarence House, i think it will be only a dream to make holidays in the ´ Royal country home´....but a sweet one...:)

Oppie said:
From PoW website

so yes it is official that they will rent out the property

Source : http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/mediacentre/pressreleases/index.html

Thank you Oppie!
Now it seems to be interesting how they will choose the holidaymakers who can stay there, and how much it will cost?

By the way, i don´t think that Camilla has new teeth, it is only a special reflection of the light on the pic or the angle, as BeatrixFan said.

The Duchy of Cornwall will be applying for planning permission to enable the property to be used as occasional holiday lets when The Prince and The Duchess are not there.

I read that as, they will be building/renovating other buildings to let out. They wouldn't need planning permission to charge people to stay in the house, that would only involve the statutory change of use notification to the local council. :flowers:

This article has a little more information, whether it is accurate is up to the individual to decide and time to tell.

There is barely enough space between the brown velour armchairs to squeeze through the living room door.
And in the bedroom, the mismatched furniture clashes horribly with garish pink floral wallpaper

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23375669-details/Palatial%20it%20ain't%20-%20welcome%20to%20Prince%20Charles'%20new%20holiday%20home/article.do

Not a very nice article for the family who used to live there, to read!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom