The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Let's focus on more Current Events of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.

Please, continue your discussion (if you want to) in the Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery thread.

Thank you for co-operation.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
If you view it from this side, it's probably good that more and more Diana's and Camilla's images move apart. While Diana's pictures will always show a young and good-looking woman in glamourous surroundings (at least these seem to be the pictures that are still printed), they become more and more pictures of a past celebrity icon whose interest in fashion leads today, after at least 9 years are gone, to a feeling of unreality. It's true, Diana will be forever young. But on the other hand she will never have the mature beauty of women who have lived life to its fullest.

While Camilla appears more and more as a truly "senior" member of the Royal family, not only senior in position but in stance as well. She never was beautiful, but she has an interesting face and the lines laughter and the experience of life including life's pain has written in her face give it it's very own characteristics and IMHO a very positive charisma.

And - not to forget: the prince either princess has been seen with is changing, too. Diana's prince was still a young man in his early prime while we now have an elderly gentleman at Camilla's side. So there are going to be less and less opportunities for the loyal -Istas of either princess to pick on the other. Which is a good thing, IMHO.
I think that this is a really good assessment of Charles, Diana and Camilla.

As someone who died young, Diana will always remembered in that way, as someone young and beautiful. When she died, I read a comparison of the effects of her death to that of President Kennedy's. The article noted that because both had died young and so tragically and suddenly, while in the prime of their life and doing something that marked their generation (Camelot and all the hope and glamorou the president brought to the White House and with his young beautiful family and for Diana, this new chapter in her life of dating openly with a man such as Dodi al Fayed while raising her young handsome sons), on some level they will always be put up on a pedestal. The article drew some comparisons to the president's brother Ted Kennedy, noting that because the president had never been able to grow old we would never know fully what he would've been like as an older man. Whether he would have continued to done great things post-presidency or if he would've succummed to other problems that plagued his family. I think the same holds true for Diana. We'll never know what might've become of her, good or bad.

And if Diana hadn't died, Charles and Camilla might've not gotten married and we would not be privy to see the Camilla we see now, a woman who is in love with her husband, loves her children, is friendly with crowds and likes to have a good chuckle. She is someone who is devoted to her royal duties, even if she isn't always comfortable in the spotlight.

I think it's greatly to Camilla's credit and to the kind of woman she is that in spite of the Saint Diana image that rose even more the surface, Camilla has been able to shine through as a member of the royal family to be held in high esteem. It was by her sheer personality and her hard work that she has accomplished this.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Since the trip to Pakistan is going to be a lengthy one, a separate thread was opened for it (by Little star).

All posts, covering this issue, were moved to Prince Charles and Camilla's trip to Pakistan thread.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

lovely sentiments alexandria, i agree with everything you've written. watching her with people especially children shows a "good sport" and classy lady thats in love with her husband and trying to support and make him happy. bless her i know there will always be her "haters" and i'm not sure she could ever change their minds.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles unveils Bali memorial

Prince Charles has unveiled a memorial in central London dedicated to the 202 people killed in the Bali bombings four years ago.
On an unseasonably warm and fine October day in the United Kingdom, victims' families and survivors from all over the world gathered to remember their loved ones.

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.a...oryName=324546
Old 10-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Royals unveil Bali bombs memorial

Britain's Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall unveiled a memorial to honor the 202 people who lost their lives in the Bali bombings on Oct. 12, 2002, during a ceremony in central London, Thursday Oct. 12, 2006. The dead were from 21 countries with 28 British people killed, 88 Australians, and in all 57 Europeans from Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands France, Germany, Switzerland, Portugal, Italy, Poland and Greece.

(AP Photo/Lefteris Pitarakis)
Old 10-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

more pictures from getty

STEVE PARSONS/AFP/Getty Images)
Old 10-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall unveil a memorial to the victims of the Bali bombing in St. James Park

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news/index.php
Old 10-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

From abaca

Gallery

http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/searc...nment_id=34133
Old 10-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

CAMILLA SUPPORTS HER LEADING MEN CHARLES AND TOM

It was a busy day for the Duchess of Cornwall on Thursday as she attended a memorial ceremony in the heart of London before turning out to support her son Tom for the launch of his new book in Kensington Palace.
Camilla must have been proud when the cream of British society arrived for her son's big moment. Lady Gabriella Windsor and her brother Freddie were both on hand, along with Zac Goldsmith and his wife Sheherazade, as the culinary expert debuted his new tome The Year Of Eating Dangerously.

from hello
Old 10-18-2006, 05:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm just reading in the french edition of gala of this week a very eye-catching title about Charles and Camilla , I try to translate you roughly : Nothing no longer exist between Charle and Camilla, thy can't support them any more " ????

i'm not specialize of the prince of Walls and Camilla's life but it seems to me, once more time, a title making to sell, isen't it ?

What is your opinion ?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
I'm just reading in the french edition of gala of this week a very eye-catching title about Charles and Camilla , I try to translate you roughly : Nothing no longer exist between Charle and Camilla, thy can't support them any more " ????

i'm not specialize of the prince of Walls and Camilla's life but it seems to me, once more time, a title making to sell, isen't it ?

What is your opinion ?
This edition of 'Gala', as do most of it's ilk, will make an excellent bin liner.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
This edition of 'Gala', as do most of it's ilk, will make an excellent bin liner.
It's my opinion too but it's a little bite quiet new because Gala until now was most "prudent" and very less eye-catching, except for people of show bizz. In this case it's normal because for them it's a necessary advertising
Old 10-18-2006, 07:48 AM
Royal Highness

In the German tabloid press you can read headlines like in the french Gala day by day.
The best you can do: Ignore it! ( I know it´s hard sometimes...)
Old 11-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles and Camilla are on a two-day tour of the north east of England.
They visited St James' Park, Newcastle, north east England, Wednesday Nov. 8, 2006 and met the Newcastle United football team.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were presented with Newcastle United football shirts specially printed with HRH (His/Her Royal Highness) and the number 10, by club chairman Freddy Shepherd.

The Prince of Wales takes a penalty

Prince Charles, Camilla with HRH shirts

Prince Charles and Camilla try cleansing gel during visit to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Hospital

Prince Charles and Camilla during visit to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Hospital (looks like I am not the only one, who likes KitKat)
Old 11-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you for those Avalon.

The cleansing gel they provide to hospital visitors is disgusting, you smell like computer screen cleanser for the rest of the day!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:07 AM

As much as I love them, I won't volunteer to sniff the hands of TRH to confirm it Skydragon.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Thank you for those Avalon.

The cleansing gel they provide to hospital visitors is disgusting, you smell like computer screen cleanser for the rest of the day!
If you look at Camilla's face expression, you can guess that!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal couple visit the North East

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have arrived in the North East for a two-day tour of the region.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/6127568.stm

I wonder if you can get high sniffing cleansing gel,

It looks as if Charles got high, Camilla was just disgusted!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:27 AM

Am I right in saying that they used the Royal Train in Wales last year or is this Camilla's first trip on it?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales