The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

There were several Prince of Wales brooches designed for Alexandra and Mary. So, it is highly unlikely to be the same one Diana wore.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Daily Mail and Richard Kay are not supporters of Prince Charles or Camilla. That said, I'm sure like any married couple they have good days and bad days and Charles is known to be extremely demanding in his Household.

It's hardly news.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
The Daily Mail and Richard Kay are not supporters of Prince Charles or Camilla. That said, I'm sure like any married couple they have good days and bad days and Charles is known to be extremely demanding in his Household.

It's hardly news.
Perfectly put, branchg
Old 10-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Charles risks Anglican discord with fond tribute to Trinity's gay dean

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ncharles08.xml
Old 10-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
It's hardly news.
But it's trying so hard to be scurrilous!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Royal Highness

Its hardly news.
Yes, youre right.
But i read articles like these from Richard Kay day by day in the german press, and i know the effect it has, for people who get no more extensive information.
I know many people, who think im crazy because im a fan of Charles and Camilla. They only get these pics of a snobbish not caring Prince how is unpopular and not down to earth, and of a Duchess who is lazy, greedy for royal titles, making the Princes William and Harry unhappy, hated from the british people...
Thats the reason why it is hard for me to stay relaxed when i read articles like these.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Its hardly news.
Yes, youre right.
But i read articles like these from Richard Kay day by day in the german press, and i know the effect it has, for people who get no more extensive information.
I know many people, who think im crazy because im a fan of Charles and Camilla. They only get these pics of a snobbish not caring Prince how is unpopular and not down to earth, and of a Duchess who is lazy, greedy for royal titles, making the Princes William and Harry unhappy, hated from the british people...
Thats the reason why it is hard for me to stay relaxed when i read articles like these.
The same is in Armenia. If Prince Charles and the Duchess get any coverage, it's negative. I get furious at such articles as well, but I can hardly do anything. Most of my firends (ok, all of them) are not interested in Royalty, so I just know 'the truth' and sometimes deny most vicious lies (like one old report in an Armenian newspaper, which stated that Prince Charles throw a chair (!) on Camilla and filed for divorce - there was a similar report in the British press but with Prince Charles, breaking the chair, not throwing it).

They will get bored of such things, I hope. Sooner or later they are going to understand that these 2 love each other.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
Now I'm confused again. I want to see a close-up of the one Diana was wearing, but when you click for a close-up on Diana's pic you only get a close-up of the brooch on Camilla I tried saving the pic & zooming, but that didn't work. It's always possible Diana had more than one, and this one is the same piece.
I think it speaks volumes that the Mail 'photo' cannot be enlarged, I wouldn't put it past them to use a little cut and paste!
I still believe that Charles had this latest version made for Camilla and until someone comes up with a much clearer picture that can be enlarged for a complete and full comparison, I will continue to believe that.

As has been pointed out endless times by branchg, IF it was given to Diana, it would be in the vaults waiting for one of the boys to decide what to do with it. IF it was loaned to her, then it was never hers.
Charles has had a few of these necklaces/brooches made for friends, or are they all wearing this same necklace/brooch?
Regardless of anything else, as the The Prince of Wales Feathers is the heraldic badge of the Heir Apparent, it is Charles' right to decide who wears HIS symbol and he has chosen that his wife wears it.

Just to confuse you even more!

Again BeatrixFans scan from Majesty Magazine and one from royal jewels of the world

If you enlarge the pic on the right, I believe you will see that the Emerald is a different shape and there are no Emeralds within the body of the circle, Camillas Diamond plume tops are an even size, whereas the one on the right has two smaller diamonds and one large! You can also buy replicas from over a dozen places on the net! This one is different to the one gifted to Princess Alexandra of Denmark in 1863, so Elspeth is right when she points out there is more than one.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
This was the picture of (Diana's) brooch they posted in the Daily Mail as well to 'proove' it was the same brooch, though there are obviously several differences.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Diana and Camilia share jewels

So Camilia has been given permission by the Queen to wear one Diana's fave items of jewelery the diamond and emerald prince of wales feather brooch (which diana wore as a pendant).

At the recent film premiere Camilia shocked royal watchers by appearing with a Diana jewel. What is the opinion of the forum members on this should she be allowed?

IMO Camilia was very insensitive to wear the brooch does she not realise the hurt that she is causing to both william and harry ?

Old 10-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

im felt hurt myself what post says but Camilla using Diana's famous Prince of Wales feather brooch necklace in 1980's and if Diana would alives today and she would think Camilla show that! but dont let using that Diana's jewerly if Wills wanted to kept for future wives.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope
So Camilia has been given permission by the Queen to wear one Diana's fave items of jewelery the diamond and emerald prince of wales feather brooch (which diana wore as a pendant).
At the recent film premiere Camilia shocked royal watchers by appearing with a Diana jewel. What is the opinion of the forum members on this should she be allowed?
IMO Camilia was very insensitive to wear the brooch does she not realise the hurt that she is causing to both william and harry ?
You can view previous pages and you will see the opinions in the forums and you will have more understanding on this issue. The brooch is not owned by Diana personally but owned by Queen. Not only Diana wore it, but Queen Alexandria, Queen Mary and Queen Mother wore/owned it in their times. It is made for Princesses of Wales not a Princess of Wales. Camilla is Princess of Wales and thus she can wear it.
Moreoever, as Skydragon, Avalon and Elespth pointed out, there could be more than one copies with very similar designs.The situation does exist. Camilla's royal jewllery are gifts from Queen to pick up from Queen Mother's collection or purchased by Charles over the years. As we see, there is a big possibility that Camilla wore a different brooch despite bearing the feathers of Prince of Wales.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Aristocracy

I see nothing wrong with Camilia wearing royal jewlrey even pieces that Diana once wore. None of this jewlrey actually belonged to Diane - they were just pieces that were on loan and would have be given to the wife of Prince William even if Diana had remained married to Prince Charles. Camilia is now the wife of the POW and as such should wear the family jewlrey. I think the media is attempting to create a story over this.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
im felt hurt myself what post says but Camilla using Diana's famous Prince of Wales feather brooch necklace in 1980's and if Diana would alives today and she would think Camilla show that! but dont let using that Diana's jewerly if Wills wanted to kept for future wives.
Sara,
Lets hope that William has only one wife (and hopefully only one at a time)
Old 10-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess' Diamond brooch
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...60600,,00.html
Old 10-09-2006, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't understand what the fuss is all about. First of all: there is quite a plausibility that the brooch Camilla wore is not the same as the one Diana had. Seems there've been lots of them around...

But still there is an uproar. But why? Why now? I mean, Camilla lives in the country home which once belonged to Diana, she presides over the breakfast table as the lady of the house, so when prince William and Harry are at home they talk to her and laugh with her, she does not only sleep in Diana's former bed but there with Diaba's former husband. So what? That's what marriages are all about: husband sharing with his wife. Does it really matter if there had been a marriage before? Especially as there is no Ex-wife around anymore? I don't see the point in the negative comments here. Why this outcry now?

I have my own opinion about it: because all Diana-fans (including her fans in the media) only waited for such an occassion. So - it happened. My advice: be done with it. It will happen again and it's pretty normal that it happens again. Just like it is today Camilla who stands on the balcony of BP. That's how things are. Get used to it. I only wonder why it took Camilla so long to enjoy some of the beautiful gems from the Royal Collection.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:36 AM
Serene Highness

I couldn't agree more!

The problem is that the Dianarites are going to percieve anything Camilla does as a slight on the precious memory. Whats next - Camilla wears a dress in a similar style & hue to one that Diana had and the furore will erupt again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
I don't understand what the fuss is all about. First of all: there is quite a plausibility that the brooch Camilla wore is not the same as the one Diana had. Seems there've been lots of them around...

But still there is an uproar. But why? Why now? I mean, Camilla lives in the country home which once belonged to Diana, she presides over the breakfast table as the lady of the house, so when prince William and Harry are at home they talk to her and laugh with her, she does not only sleep in Diana's former bed but there with Diaba's former husband. So what? That's what marriages are all about: husband sharing with his wife. Does it really matter if there had been a marriage before? Especially as there is no Ex-wife around anymore? I don't see the point in the negative comments here. Why this outcry now?

I have my own opinion about it: because all Diana-fans (including her fans in the media) only waited for such an occassion. So - it happened. My advice: be done with it. It will happen again and it's pretty normal that it happens again. Just like it is today Camilla who stands on the balcony of BP. That's how things are. Get used to it. I only wonder why it took Camilla so long to enjoy some of the beautiful gems from the Royal Collection.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Dianarites
That's a new one for me, I'll say

I wonder what Camilla supporters shall be aptly named...Camillarians, perhaps ..its all sounding so Troy and Sparta like.lol. but I do find it amusing.

As someone who thought and continues to think lovingly of Diana's memory, I can empathise with those who dont think it appropriate yet on the other hand, Camilla is Charles's wife and there is no reason as to why the Duchess should not be able to wear such pieces. I have grown to support Camilla in her role as it is the most sensible and right thing to do, not discounting the fact that I want to and in no way feel obligated to do so.

If it were the Lovers Knot or Queen Mary's Emerald Choker I would probably be apposed to the idea as these were pieces greatly associated with the late Diana, Princess of Wales but a brooch or earrings? I dont see any real great stir in that if any at all

Anyhow, the Duchess has been loaned 'her own' tiara's that shall inevitably become her trademark just like the Lovers Knot & Spencer were for Diana.

Quote:
I only wonder why it took Camilla so long to enjoy some of the beautiful gems from the Royal Collection.
Two failed marriages, the death of a Princess, the realistic possibility of public rejetion and I doubt if an all to eager Charles would have washed well with many. I think their timing was well placed
Old 10-09-2006, 06:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I couldn't agree more!

The problem is that the Dianarites are going to percieve anything Camilla does as a slight on the precious memory. Whats next - Camilla wears a dress in a similar style & hue to one that Diana had and the furore will erupt again.
If you view it from this side, it's probably good that more and more Diana's and Camilla's images move apart. While Diana's pictures will always show a young and good-looking woman in glamourous surroundings (at least these seem to be the pictures that are still printed), they become more and more pictures of a past celebrity icon whose interest in fashion leads today, after at least 9 years are gone, to a feeling of unreality. It's true, Diana will be forever young. But on the other hand she will never have the mature beauty of women who have lived life to its fullest.

While Camilla appears more and more as a truly "senior" member of the Royal family, not only senior in position but in stance as well. She never was beautiful, but she has an interesting face and the lines laughter and the experience of life including life's pain has written in her face give it it's very own characteristics and IMHO a very positive charisma.

And - not to forget: the prince either princess has been seen with is changing, too. Diana's prince was still a young man in his early prime while we now have an elderly gentleman at Camilla's side. So there are going to be less and less opportunities for the loyal -Istas of either princess to pick on the other. Which is a good thing, IMHO.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
If it were the Lovers Knot or Queen Mary's Emerald Choker I would probably be apposed to the idea as these were pieces greatly associated with the late Diana, Princess of Wales ...
I disagree with you re the emerald choker. Whilst Diana brought it to some attention by wearing it as a headband for us royal jewel watchers it will be forever associated with the magnificance of Queen Mary. Perhaps 'Milla will oblige us in the future and wear the entire Cambridge Emerald Parure:-

Necklace
Choker
Earings
Bracelets
Brooch
and
the amazing Delhi Durbar Tiara with the Emerald spikes

alas, I think we can only dream>.......

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales