Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 17: September-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im felt hurt myself what post says but Camilla using Diana's famous Prince of Wales feather brooch necklace in 1980's and if Diana would alives today and she would think Camilla show that! but dont let using that Diana's jewerly if Wills wanted to kept for future wives.

PrincessofEurope said:
So Camilia has been given permission by the Queen to wear one Diana's fave items of jewelery the diamond and emerald prince of wales feather brooch (which diana wore as a pendant).
At the recent film premiere Camilia shocked royal watchers by appearing with a Diana jewel. What is the opinion of the forum members on this should she be allowed?
IMO Camilia was very insensitive to wear the brooch does she not realise the hurt that she is causing to both william and harry ?
You can view previous pages and you will see the opinions in the forums and you will have more understanding on this issue. The brooch is not owned by Diana personally but owned by Queen. Not only Diana wore it, but Queen Alexandria, Queen Mary and Queen Mother wore/owned it in their times. It is made for Princesses of Wales not a Princess of Wales. Camilla is Princess of Wales and thus she can wear it.
Moreoever, as Skydragon, Avalon and Elespth pointed out, there could be more than one copies with very similar designs.The situation does exist. Camilla's royal jewllery are gifts from Queen to pick up from Queen Mother's collection or purchased by Charles over the years. As we see, there is a big possibility that Camilla wore a different brooch despite bearing the feathers of Prince of Wales.

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with Camilia wearing royal jewlrey even pieces that Diana once wore. None of this jewlrey actually belonged to Diane - they were just pieces that were on loan and would have be given to the wife of Prince William even if Diana had remained married to Prince Charles. Camilia is now the wife of the POW and as such should wear the family jewlrey. I think the media is attempting to create a story over this.

sara1981 said:
im felt hurt myself what post says but Camilla using Diana's famous Prince of Wales feather brooch necklace in 1980's and if Diana would alives today and she would think Camilla show that! but dont let using that Diana's jewerly if Wills wanted to kept for future wives.

Sara,
Lets hope that William has only one wife (and hopefully only one at a time) :lol:

I don't understand what the fuss is all about. First of all: there is quite a plausibility that the brooch Camilla wore is not the same as the one Diana had. Seems there've been lots of them around... :)

But still there is an uproar. But why? Why now? I mean, Camilla lives in the country home which once belonged to Diana, she presides over the breakfast table as the lady of the house, so when prince William and Harry are at home they talk to her and laugh with her, she does not only sleep in Diana's former bed but there with Diaba's former husband. So what? That's what marriages are all about: husband sharing with his wife. Does it really matter if there had been a marriage before? Especially as there is no Ex-wife around anymore? I don't see the point in the negative comments here. Why this outcry now?

I have my own opinion about it: because all Diana-fans (including her fans in the media) only waited for such an occassion. So - it happened. My advice: be done with it. It will happen again and it's pretty normal that it happens again. Just like it is today Camilla who stands on the balcony of BP. That's how things are. Get used to it. I only wonder why it took Camilla so long to enjoy some of the beautiful gems from the Royal Collection.

I couldn't agree more! :flowers:

The problem is that the Dianarites are going to percieve anything Camilla does as a slight on the precious memory. Whats next - Camilla wears a dress in a similar style & hue to one that Diana had and the furore will erupt again. :ROFLMAO:

Jo of Palatine said:
I don't understand what the fuss is all about. First of all: there is quite a plausibility that the brooch Camilla wore is not the same as the one Diana had. Seems there've been lots of them around... :)

But still there is an uproar. But why? Why now? I mean, Camilla lives in the country home which once belonged to Diana, she presides over the breakfast table as the lady of the house, so when prince William and Harry are at home they talk to her and laugh with her, she does not only sleep in Diana's former bed but there with Diaba's former husband. So what? That's what marriages are all about: husband sharing with his wife. Does it really matter if there had been a marriage before? Especially as there is no Ex-wife around anymore? I don't see the point in the negative comments here. Why this outcry now?

I have my own opinion about it: because all Diana-fans (including her fans in the media) only waited for such an occassion. So - it happened. My advice: be done with it. It will happen again and it's pretty normal that it happens again. Just like it is today Camilla who stands on the balcony of BP. That's how things are. Get used to it. I only wonder why it took Camilla so long to enjoy some of the beautiful gems from the Royal Collection.

Dianarites
That's a new one for me, I'll say :lol:

I wonder what Camilla supporters shall be aptly named...Camillarians, perhaps ;) ..its all sounding so Troy and Sparta like.lol. but I do find it amusing.

As someone who thought and continues to think lovingly of Diana's memory, I can empathise with those who dont think it appropriate yet on the other hand, Camilla is Charles's wife and there is no reason as to why the Duchess should not be able to wear such pieces. I have grown to support Camilla in her role as it is the most sensible and right thing to do, not discounting the fact that I want to and in no way feel obligated to do so.

If it were the Lovers Knot or Queen Mary's Emerald Choker I would probably be apposed to the idea as these were pieces greatly associated with the late Diana, Princess of Wales but a brooch or earrings? I dont see any real great stir in that if any at all :flowers:

Anyhow, the Duchess has been loaned 'her own' tiara's that shall inevitably become her trademark just like the Lovers Knot & Spencer were for Diana.

I only wonder why it took Camilla so long to enjoy some of the beautiful gems from the Royal Collection.

Two failed marriages, the death of a Princess, the realistic possibility of public rejetion and I doubt if an all to eager Charles would have washed well with many. I think their timing was well placed :)

Last edited:
wymanda said:
I couldn't agree more! :flowers:

The problem is that the Dianarites are going to percieve anything Camilla does as a slight on the precious memory. Whats next - Camilla wears a dress in a similar style & hue to one that Diana had and the furore will erupt again. :ROFLMAO:

If you view it from this side, it's probably good that more and more Diana's and Camilla's images move apart. While Diana's pictures will always show a young and good-looking woman in glamourous surroundings (at least these seem to be the pictures that are still printed), they become more and more pictures of a past celebrity icon whose interest in fashion leads today, after at least 9 years are gone, to a feeling of unreality. It's true, Diana will be forever young. But on the other hand she will never have the mature beauty of women who have lived life to its fullest.

While Camilla appears more and more as a truly "senior" member of the Royal family, not only senior in position but in stance as well. She never was beautiful, but she has an interesting face and the lines laughter and the experience of life including life's pain has written in her face give it it's very own characteristics and IMHO a very positive charisma.

And - not to forget: the prince either princess has been seen with is changing, too. Diana's prince was still a young man in his early prime while we now have an elderly gentleman at Camilla's side. So there are going to be less and less opportunities for the loyal -Istas of either princess to pick on the other. Which is a good thing, IMHO.

Madame Royale said:
If it were the Lovers Knot or Queen Mary's Emerald Choker I would probably be apposed to the idea as these were pieces greatly associated with the late Diana, Princess of Wales ...:flowers:

I disagree with you re the emerald choker. Whilst Diana brought it to some attention by wearing it as a headband for us royal jewel watchers it will be forever associated with the magnificance of Queen Mary. Perhaps 'Milla will oblige us in the future and wear the entire Cambridge Emerald Parure:-

:) Necklace
:) Choker
:) Earings
:) Bracelets
:) Brooch
and
:) the amazing Delhi Durbar Tiara with the Emerald spikes

alas, I think we can only dream>.......

Let's focus on more Current Events of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.

Please, continue your discussion (if you want to) in the Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery thread.

Thank you for co-operation.

Jo of Palatine said:
If you view it from this side, it's probably good that more and more Diana's and Camilla's images move apart. While Diana's pictures will always show a young and good-looking woman in glamourous surroundings (at least these seem to be the pictures that are still printed), they become more and more pictures of a past celebrity icon whose interest in fashion leads today, after at least 9 years are gone, to a feeling of unreality. It's true, Diana will be forever young. But on the other hand she will never have the mature beauty of women who have lived life to its fullest.

While Camilla appears more and more as a truly "senior" member of the Royal family, not only senior in position but in stance as well. She never was beautiful, but she has an interesting face and the lines laughter and the experience of life including life's pain has written in her face give it it's very own characteristics and IMHO a very positive charisma.

And - not to forget: the prince either princess has been seen with is changing, too. Diana's prince was still a young man in his early prime while we now have an elderly gentleman at Camilla's side. So there are going to be less and less opportunities for the loyal -Istas of either princess to pick on the other. Which is a good thing, IMHO.

I think that this is a really good assessment of Charles, Diana and Camilla.

As someone who died young, Diana will always remembered in that way, as someone young and beautiful. When she died, I read a comparison of the effects of her death to that of President Kennedy's. The article noted that because both had died young and so tragically and suddenly, while in the prime of their life and doing something that marked their generation (Camelot and all the hope and glamorou the president brought to the White House and with his young beautiful family and for Diana, this new chapter in her life of dating openly with a man such as Dodi al Fayed while raising her young handsome sons), on some level they will always be put up on a pedestal. The article drew some comparisons to the president's brother Ted Kennedy, noting that because the president had never been able to grow old we would never know fully what he would've been like as an older man. Whether he would have continued to done great things post-presidency or if he would've succummed to other problems that plagued his family. I think the same holds true for Diana. We'll never know what might've become of her, good or bad.

And if Diana hadn't died, Charles and Camilla might've not gotten married and we would not be privy to see the Camilla we see now, a woman who is in love with her husband, loves her children, is friendly with crowds and likes to have a good chuckle. She is someone who is devoted to her royal duties, even if she isn't always comfortable in the spotlight.

I think it's greatly to Camilla's credit and to the kind of woman she is that in spite of the Saint Diana image that rose even more the surface, Camilla has been able to shine through as a member of the royal family to be held in high esteem. It was by her sheer personality and her hard work that she has accomplished this.

lovely sentiments alexandria, i agree with everything you've written. watching her with people especially children shows a "good sport" and classy lady thats in love with her husband and trying to support and make him happy. bless her i know there will always be her "haters" and i'm not sure she could ever change their minds.

Prince Charles unveils Bali memorial

Prince Charles has unveiled a memorial in central London dedicated to the 202 people killed in the Bali bombings four years ago.
On an unseasonably warm and fine October day in the United Kingdom, victims' families and survivors from all over the world gathered to remember their loved ones.

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=324546

Royals unveil Bali bombs memorial

Britain's Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall unveiled a memorial to honor the 202 people who lost their lives in the Bali bombings on Oct. 12, 2002, during a ceremony in central London, Thursday Oct. 12, 2006. The dead were from 21 countries with 28 British people killed, 88 Australians, and in all 57 Europeans from Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands France, Germany, Switzerland, Portugal, Italy, Poland and Greece.

3-2.jpg

th_2-2.jpg

(AP Photo/Lefteris Pitarakis)

Last edited:
more pictures from getty

STEVE PARSONS/AFP/Getty Images)

Last edited:
CAMILLA SUPPORTS HER LEADING MEN CHARLES AND TOM

It was a busy day for the Duchess of Cornwall on Thursday as she attended a memorial ceremony in the heart of London before turning out to support her son Tom for the launch of his new book in Kensington Palace.
Camilla must have been proud when the cream of British society arrived for her son's big moment. Lady Gabriella Windsor and her brother Freddie were both on hand, along with Zac Goldsmith and his wife Sheherazade, as the culinary expert debuted his new tome The Year Of Eating Dangerously.

from hello

Last edited:
I'm just reading in the french edition of gala of this week a very eye-catching title about Charles and Camilla , I try to translate you roughly : Nothing no longer exist between Charle and Camilla, thy can't support them any more " ????

i'm not specialize of the prince of Walls and Camilla's life but it seems to me, once more time, a title making to sell, isen't it ?

What is your opinion ?

adelaide said:
I'm just reading in the french edition of gala of this week a very eye-catching title about Charles and Camilla , I try to translate you roughly : Nothing no longer exist between Charle and Camilla, thy can't support them any more " ????

i'm not specialize of the prince of Walls and Camilla's life but it seems to me, once more time, a title making to sell, isen't it ?

What is your opinion ?
This edition of 'Gala', as do most of it's ilk, will make an excellent bin liner. :ROFLMAO:

MARG said:
This edition of 'Gala', as do most of it's ilk, will make an excellent bin liner. :ROFLMAO:

It's my opinion too but it's a little bite quiet new because Gala until now was most "prudent" and very less eye-catching, except for people of show bizz. In this case it's normal because for them it's a necessary advertising:yuk:

In the German tabloid press you can read headlines like in the french Gala day by day.
The best you can do: Ignore it! ( I know it´s hard sometimes...)

Prince Charles and Camilla are on a two-day tour of the north east of England.
They visited St James' Park, Newcastle, north east England, Wednesday Nov. 8, 2006 and met the Newcastle United football team.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were presented with Newcastle United football shirts specially printed with HRH (His/Her Royal Highness) and the number 10, by club chairman Freddy Shepherd.

The Prince of Wales takes a penalty

Prince Charles, Camilla with HRH shirts

Prince Charles and Camilla try cleansing gel during visit to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Hospital

Prince Charles and Camilla during visit to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Hospital (looks like I am not the only one, who likes KitKat)

Last edited:
Thank you for those Avalon.

The cleansing gel they provide to hospital visitors is disgusting, you smell like computer screen cleanser for the rest of the day! :sick: :lol:

:lol: As much as I love them, I won't volunteer to sniff the hands of TRH to confirm it Skydragon.

Skydragon said:
Thank you for those Avalon.

The cleansing gel they provide to hospital visitors is disgusting, you smell like computer screen cleanser for the rest of the day! :sick: :lol:

If you look at Camilla's face expression, you can guess that! :ROFLMAO:

Royal couple visit the North East

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have arrived in the North East for a two-day tour of the region.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/6127568.stm

I wonder if you can get high sniffing cleansing gel, :ROFLMAO:

It looks as if Charles got high, Camilla was just disgusted!

Am I right in saying that they used the Royal Train in Wales last year or is this Camilla's first trip on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom