Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 17: September-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roslyn said:
Is it just an optical illusion, or are there some pearls in Camilla's brooch as well as diamonds?

I'm afraid I don't seem to be able to tell the difference between raindrops and teardrops.

I think it is an optical illusion, the 'pearls' are all on the right, nearest the flash of lights, IMO. :flowers:

The teardrop is supposed to be a more symmetrical shape, the raindrop is allowed to be fatter or more rounded at the base, it can also be called pear shaped (no comments here please! :lol: ).

It is only the really fussy that ever notice the difference.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
It is only the really fussy that ever notice the difference.
I have to admit I don't care either way. The brooch looks wonderful on her and she wears it with style. The Prince of Wales Feathers ..... The Price of Wales Wife! Nobody does it better,:heart:

love_cc said:
Is the royal honeymoon over?
The word 'disappointment' is not one normally associated with the former Mrs Camilla Parker Bowles. A Richard Kay Article.
Oh dear, another Richard Kay hatchet job. Anyone pick up the inherent contradiction contained in the opening paragraph?
"Palace insiders say she's lazy and too demanding...and fear she'll overshadow her husband."
One the one hand she's not getting out enough, but on the other, she's in danger of overshadowing Charles. Huh?

One cannot expect too much quality or accuracy from Mr Kay!

love_cc said:

:lol: :ROFLMAO: :lol: :ROFLMAO:

"Palace Insiders, a courtier, her friends complain, Prince Philip in particular is said to be 'cool', in frustration he exploded in front of senior staff:"

This silly little man obviously misses the close exchanges with Prince Philip whenever they are pictured together, Camillas' friends have never been known to speak to anyone about anything to do with Charles or Camilla.

As for the palace insiders, courtiers and senior staff, yea, yea, we've heard it all before, still it makes a change from the 'royal source'. :rolleyes:

Aren't they tired of reporting such nonsense stories? It's pretty obvious that both Charles and Camilla are perfectly happy with their marriage and that Camilla gets on pretty well with the Members of the Royal Family.
As for Camilla, trying to overshadow Prince Charles, that's simply ridiculous! :lol:
In every single picture we see of them together, she walks slightly behind and makes sure that the attention is always on the Prince of Wales. Though I have a feeling that Prince Charles is happy with all the attention Camilla gets!

Skydragon said:
Frankly, they regard her as pretty stupid; says Kay in this article, also from the Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/columnists/columnists.html?in_article_id=407948&in_page_id=1772&in_author_id=230

it's a little different to the 'quite sharp and demanding' in the previous article.

Two articles in one week, mmmm perhaps his house needs a new roof! :rolleyes:

This is all such utter nonsense - I guess Mr. Kay never had a wife (and won't have one with this attitudes anytime soon or later :rolleyes: ).

If the private secretary of the prince does a good job, then she knows of course hwere the wind is coming from. She'll never ever infuriate or alienate the wife. Especially as this is the one wife he can never ever leave, let alone divorce. Whatever happens this prince and this princess are in it together - pity for the poor secretary who does not undertsand that and does all she can to make the wife happy.

As for being demanding to the staff - after all it's her staff as her husband promised to share all his worldly goods with her. I guess this includes the service of his staff, too, not only the wearing of his jewelery. Noone ever said that she treats their staff badly, which would be a sin in my eyes as it smells of abuse. Which I'm sure she'd never do - it doesn't seem to fit in with her character when she is seen in public. She seems to be so much more honest in her dealings with people she meets - not so much into "communications" (as the late Diana said in her "Panorama"-interview) but really down-to-earth. Well, that's my impression.

But of course when confronted with very class-concious courtiers, this attitude might turn out to be a problem. And it's her right to be the "queen of the house" while he is the king in it.

So, if I was a courtier who didn't find the right rapport with Camilla, I would be very, very careful. It's not the sort of "Sir Humphrey Appelby "-job like in "Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister". When it comes to Royality, it's not you who finally reigns but the one who really is able to influence the heir and future king - and this is Camilla, I bet.

But of course the Mail has to cater occassionally to the few still existing Diana-fans, so I understand why they print articles of the likes of Mr. Kay.

She is an experienced and mature women, of course she knows what she wants. That usually frightens and appears demanding to immature men. Charles has adored her for the better part of his life and love her the way she is.

Just wanted to add something about her private house that she keeps:

in a personality interview her son gave to another food writer, he told how his sister plus husband and he and his wife spend some sundays with their mother there, when Charles is away. That Camilla enjoys to cook for the family and then they all go on to spent a very private, relaxed family sunday together in the home where both Tom and Laura lived with their mother after the divorce. So for me it's absolutely understandible that Camilla keeps this private refuge, especially as she can use it this way with her family. It must be nice to have a sunday "off" from being HRH and be just Mom with kids (in-law kids included) again. One shoudl never forget that Camilla as a divorcee still had her own life which was surely not empty and that it is not only difficult for the courtiers to cope with her but for her as well. I personally think it's great that she manages to be herself at least some days a year. But this is something a guy of the likes of Mr. Kay will probably never undertsand.

grevinnan said:
She is an experienced and mature women, of course she knows what she wants. That usually frightens and appears demanding to immature men. Charles has adored her for the better part of his life and love her the way she is.

well said grevinnan. i hope this is just a hatchet job to sell papers, but it sounds very familar somehow i can see the "powers around the prince" manipulating to keep their control. i also see they are "his people" and as such not feel loyalty or care about his wife. very shortsighted and stupid cause everyone knows if mama aint happy, nobody happy. they need to remember they are not up against a teenage insecure girl any more, imo camilla can match them move by move and we'll see who's left standing.
i can't believe if his people are really saying words like lazy, dumb, stupid etc to describe his wife charles would ignore it. my gawd he's besotted with her and seems to delight in the way camilla can charm people especially children. nope i think he's proud of her - and anyone who doesn't try to get along with her is up against "pillow power" and eventually out. playing into camillas hands if they think she's dumb or slow on the uptake, they'll be gone before they knew what hit them.
i've always thought keeping her family home was understandable, perhaps using their own money for security would cut down on the unfavorable stories but i admire her wanting a "normal" atmosphere, to be able to go barefoot and wear sweats without makeup must be heaven after living in charles rarified world of stiff protocol and "his people" judging and gossiping while clearly trying to undermine your every move. i LOVE no one can come there without her invitation-good for her. certainly explains the hatchets out- can you imagine how furious the "powers" would be when told they weren't welcome, just makes my day when "suits" get stymied.

A scene from the second of the famous Austrian "Sissi"-movies come to mind. In it, Sissi has married the emperor, but it's still her mother-in-law, the Archduchess Sophie, who is in charge of the new empress's household. Sophie appointed a trusted confidente to be Sissi's First lady-in-waiting. A job that is more that of a governess from the way this countess treats the young empress.

In the scene, Sissi is out in the garden while Sophie comes to her rooms. She is told by the countess that Sissi has complained about the bathroom of her suite. Sophie answers that "this bathroom was good enough for the grand empress Maria Theresia, so it is sufficient for a little Bavarian princess, too". (Sissi was the daughter of princess Ludovika, a daughter of the Bavarian king who had married into a junior branch of the family, thus Sissi was just a junior princess of the Royal house of Bavaria, while her aunt Sophie, as Ludovika's sister, was a king's daughter herself). It's a clear rebuke for Sissi: the new empress has no right to say anything negative about the Imperial palace.

But then the countess complains about the problems she has with the noise of the new empress's parrots and asks the Archduchess for permission to get rid of them. The sharp answer: "If the empress enjoys these animals, so be it." And then, again very sharp and meant to put the countess in her place:" But if the noise so disturbs you on doing your service to the empress, I advise you use plugs for your ears!"

It's all about rank and place in this scene: while even the new empress has no right to critizise the Royal House, no courtier has a right to critizise the empress as she is above them all and they are just the servants, even if they are of the highest rank.

I'm afraid prince Charles might see things exactly this way and he obviously hates it if people are disrespectful towards his chosen wife. Especially as noone can say that Camilla is trying to upstage him. Camilla is content to be the "consort" and Charles simply loves that. How big a chance that he might listen to a courtier saying otherwise! While with Diana of course there was a truth in them saying that she tried to upstage HRH. But does anyone believe Charles is ever to believe that from Camilla? :)

Roslyn said:
Thanks so much for posting those pics. Now I can see a clearer pic of Diana's, it's quite obvious they are different. Camilla's is much nicer! :lol:

Is it just an optical illusion, or are there some pearls in Camilla's brooch as well as diamonds?

I'm afraid I don't seem to be able to tell the difference between raindrops and teardrops.
Actually, they are the same brooch. Scroll down to see photos from the article below.

The Daily Mail; by Rebecca English; October 6, 2006

Camilla steps out in diamond brooch Diana used to wear

It is a priceless piece of jewellery that Princess Diana loved to show off. And given her reluctance to be compared to her more glamorous predecessor, one might have expected the Duchess of Cornwall to leave it firmly locked away.
article and pics: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=409065&in_page_id=1770

Skydragon said:
:lol: :ROFLMAO: :lol: :ROFLMAO:

"Palace Insiders, a courtier, her friends complain, Prince Philip in particular is said to be 'cool', in frustration he exploded in front of senior staff:"

This silly little man obviously misses the close exchanges with Prince Philip whenever they are pictured together, Camillas' friends have never been known to speak to anyone about anything to do with Charles or Camilla.

As for the palace insiders, courtiers and senior staff, yea, yea, we've heard it all before, still it makes a change from the 'royal source'. :rolleyes:

I thought Richard Kay's palace insider was Diana. I wonder if he's using a crystal ball these days or tarot cards to contact her.:lol:

Laviollette said:
Actually, they are the same brooch. Scroll down to see photos from the article below.

The Daily Mail; by Rebecca English; October 6, 2006

Camilla steps out in diamond brooch Diana used to wear

It is a priceless piece of jewellery that Princess Diana loved to show off. And given her reluctance to be compared to her more glamorous predecessor, one might have expected the Duchess of Cornwall to leave it firmly locked away.
article and pics: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=409065&in_page_id=1770

Actually, the pictures in the article they provided makes me even more convinced that they are different brooches.

Avalon said:
Actually, the pictures in the article they provided makes me even more convinced that they are different brooches.
They look the same to me. And frankly, Camilla is the wife of the PoW and she can where whatever he gives her but I am certain that brooch is the same one Diana wore.

After reading the two articles of Richard Kay, i get absolutely furious! :bang:
I know Kay before, he has written more stupid things like these reports, and he likes to compare Camilla with Diana....always with a bad result for Camilla...
Where are the evidences for all the statments of Camilla and the marriage. he wants to sell us?
Where are the evidences that his stories contained any truth?
I cann´t interview staff or people who know Charles and Camilla.
But i can see the pics of them together, and i can read about their engagement and see them at work.
And these pics and information are speaking another language as Mr Kay wants to transmit.
I see a couple who share looks of love, who are very relaxed and happy together.
I see a Duchess who likes to support her husband.
I see a Prince who likes to have his``darling wife ``by his side.
Maybe Mr Kay is discontented, because the Duchess earns more and more respect for her work, that more and more people like her, that the marrige works better, than he predicted?
Please Mr Kay, spare me with gossip like that!

Avalon said:

Now I'm confused again. I want to see a close-up of the one Diana was wearing, but when you click for a close-up on Diana's pic you only get a close-up of the brooch on Camilla I tried saving the pic & zooming, but that didn't work. It's always possible Diana had more than one, and this one is the same piece.

But so what if Diana wore it?! It wasn't her personal property. Though I was initially uncomfortable with the idea, maybe we should be getting used to seeing Camilla wearing some of the jewellery Diana wore. In due course she'll probably be wearing jewellery the Queen wears now.

There were several Prince of Wales brooches designed for Alexandra and Mary. So, it is highly unlikely to be the same one Diana wore.

The Daily Mail and Richard Kay are not supporters of Prince Charles or Camilla. That said, I'm sure like any married couple they have good days and bad days and Charles is known to be extremely demanding in his Household.

It's hardly news.

branchg said:
The Daily Mail and Richard Kay are not supporters of Prince Charles or Camilla. That said, I'm sure like any married couple they have good days and bad days and Charles is known to be extremely demanding in his Household.

It's hardly news.

Perfectly put, branchg :flowers:

It´s hardly news.
Yes, you´re right.
But i read articles like these from Richard Kay day by day in the german press, and i know the effect it has, for people who get no more extensive information.
I know many people, who think i´m crazy because i´m a fan of Charles and Camilla. They only get these pics of a snobbish not caring Prince how is unpopular and not down to earth, and of a Duchess who is lazy, greedy for royal titles, making the Princes William and Harry unhappy, hated from the british people...
That´s the reason why it is hard for me to stay relaxed when i read articles like these.

milla Ca said:
It´s hardly news.
Yes, you´re right.
But i read articles like these from Richard Kay day by day in the german press, and i know the effect it has, for people who get no more extensive information.
I know many people, who think i´m crazy because i´m a fan of Charles and Camilla. They only get these pics of a snobbish not caring Prince how is unpopular and not down to earth, and of a Duchess who is lazy, greedy for royal titles, making the Princes William and Harry unhappy, hated from the british people...
That´s the reason why it is hard for me to stay relaxed when i read articles like these.

The same is in Armenia. If Prince Charles and the Duchess get any coverage, it's negative. I get furious at such articles as well, but I can hardly do anything. Most of my firends (ok, all of them) are not interested in Royalty, so I just know 'the truth' and sometimes deny most vicious lies (like one old report in an Armenian newspaper, which stated that Prince Charles throw a chair (!) on Camilla and filed for divorce:lol: - there was a similar report in the British press but with Prince Charles, breaking the chair, not throwing it).

They will get bored of such things, I hope. Sooner or later they are going to understand that these 2 love each other.

Roslyn said:
Now I'm confused again. I want to see a close-up of the one Diana was wearing, but when you click for a close-up on Diana's pic you only get a close-up of the brooch on Camilla I tried saving the pic & zooming, but that didn't work. It's always possible Diana had more than one, and this one is the same piece.

I think it speaks volumes that the Mail 'photo' cannot be enlarged, I wouldn't put it past them to use a little cut and paste! :ermm:
I still believe that Charles had this latest version made for Camilla and until someone comes up with a much clearer picture that can be enlarged for a complete and full comparison, I will continue to believe that. :flowers:

As has been pointed out endless times by branchg, IF it was given to Diana, it would be in the vaults waiting for one of the boys to decide what to do with it. IF it was loaned to her, then it was never hers.
Charles has had a few of these necklaces/brooches made for friends, or are they all wearing this same necklace/brooch?
Regardless of anything else, as the The Prince of Wales Feathers is the heraldic badge of the Heir Apparent, it is Charles' right to decide who wears HIS symbol and he has chosen that his wife wears it.

Just to confuse you even more! :lol:

Again BeatrixFans scan from Majesty Magazine and one from royal jewels of the world

If you enlarge the pic on the right, I believe you will see that the Emerald is a different shape and there are no Emeralds within the body of the circle, Camillas Diamond plume tops are an even size, whereas the one on the right has two smaller diamonds and one large! You can also buy replicas from over a dozen places on the net! :lol: This one is different to the one gifted to Princess Alexandra of Denmark in 1863, so Elspeth is right when she points out there is more than one.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:

This was the picture of (Diana's) brooch they posted in the Daily Mail as well to 'proove' it was the same brooch, though there are obviously several differences.

Diana and Camilia share jewels

So Camilia has been given permission by the Queen to wear one Diana's fave items of jewelery the diamond and emerald prince of wales feather brooch (which diana wore as a pendant).

At the recent film premiere Camilia shocked royal watchers by appearing with a Diana jewel. What is the opinion of the forum members on this should she be allowed?

IMO Camilia was very insensitive to wear the brooch does she not realise the hurt that she is causing to both william and harry ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom