Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 16: July-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has read "Charles and Camilla:the love story" it says in there that Charles told his closest friends he wanted his wedding to Camilla to be THEIR day and the reason for not kissing her was indeed due to risk of the papers comparing the balcony kiss with that one.It also states that he kissed her before they came out of the registery office and was endlessly planting kisses on her at the reception...to which she dutifully returned!:wub: :)

Jo of Palatine said:
The interesting thing for me is that one kiss was between a new husband and his virgin wife (chaste indeed!) while the other one was between two people who have shared more than one kiss in private (LOL!). How can someone get the idea to compare these kisses! It's absurd, there's no other word for it.

My comparison was between an experienced (according to some) Charles then and Charles now. He looked as if he was really enjoying the kiss with his wife Camilla. :flowers:

The best commentary on this came from James Whittaker, that self-confessed expert on all things Windsor;

Oh yes, well, Charles obviously loves her.

Woah James! All this new information you're giving us! We can't cope. Please go back to the old days when you fed us tales told to you by your "insiders". Ah no, that's right, your "insiders" forgot to tell you they were getting married didn't they? :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO: I still laugh when I think of that morning the wedding was announced and Whittaker appeared, red faced, angry and beside himself with rage saying, "The Queen won't go. She's furious. Charles didn't tell her. This just won't go ahead. It's all wrong. My sources tell me it's a mistake". My my didn't he look a twerp. Royal expert indeed....

I once saw a "Biography" program about Edward and Sophie (produced around the time they got married). It was mentioned that, sometime before they were engaged, James Whitaker said he heard it from one of his "sources" that they were breaking up. So much for the reliability of Whitaker's "sources".

BeatrixFan said:
The best commentary on this came from James Whittaker, that self-confessed expert on all things Windsor;

Oh yes, well, Charles obviously loves her.

I have to say: the guy is a genius! I really should watch the BBC more often, maybe he comes along sometime and I get a chance to finally see this man who keeps us TRF-people busy with all his interesting insights and sources. :lol:

Tabby said:
I once saw a "Biography" program about Edward and Sophie (produced around the time they got married). It was mentioned that, sometime before they were engaged, James Whitaker said he heard it from one of his "sources" that they were breaking up. So much for the reliability of Whitaker's "sources".

One should never forget that the British RF is foremost British. Even though they may have a lot of German blood, they surely have a British sense of humour. As Whitaker is a somewhat ridiculous figure who, at least to me, appears like a person right out of an Oscar Wilde-comedy or a "Jeeves"-book by Wodehouse, I wouldn't wonder if they sometimes joke about him on feeding him wrong information, making him look in public as ridiculous, pompous and up-startish as he is (okay, anyone can have his own impression about how much that is!). Plus making his life as difficult as his is making theirs, if only for a moment.

But maybe I'm wrong and the Royals are far above thoughts like that.... :rolleyes:

I have to say: the guy is a genius!

Oh he's a genius alright Maxie. He's on a massive salary for talking rubbish. Every time he speaks, people have to correct him. He was well and truly shown up by Gyles Brandreth. Brandreth was talking about his Charles and Camilla book and Whittaker attempted to be intelligent and make a comment about Camilla to which Gyles replied, "That is arse gravy of the highest order James, Camilla did not do that and you know it". I loved it.

I am happy for Charles and Camilla but you can not change the fact of who is William and Harry's mother. I just said myself the other day. If you can except the mother then you can not except the children. This also goes for FATHERS. I do think that it is stupid to compare the two women, but to say that Camilla is the better one, just is not true. They both have done great thing for the BRF. Camilla just happens to be the one that makes Charles happy, but that does not get rid of all the good that Diana did.

msleiman said:
Camilla just happens to be the one that makes Charles happy, but that does not get rid of all the good that Diana did.

Why in the hell are we talking about Diana in Charles and Camilla's Current Events?

Whatever we may say or not say about Diana, she is not part of Charles' and Camilla's current events.

It is a reply about the two kissing pictures! If you read above comments they are talking about both women.

I don't think anyone means that diana is forgotten in that sense of being william and harry's mother - it would be sheer impossible to forget that and nobody wishes to either I am sure.

msleiman said:
It is a reply about the two kissing pictures! If you read above comments they are talking about both women.

Well, it looks like the discussion has gotten away from the two pictures.

About the article, what can you say? Its impossible to read the text from what was posted, but James Whittaker is a featured Daily Mail columnist who was one of the reporters who 'found' Diana before the engagement and was one of the manufacturers of the fairytale marriage story.

As has been mentioned above, not all his predictions come true but I seriously doubt if he believed it or was just looking for a good story angle because, as Elspeth says, it sells papers.

Oddly enough, the two pictures together don't show Diana in a flattering light and I doubt that was the publisher's intentions; her picture is smaller and the balcony scene looks stiff and formal compared to the candid-looking snapshot of Camilla and Charles.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/5234176.stm

quotes from article
Clarence House, the Queen Mother's home for almost 50 years and now the official residence of Prince Charles, is to open its doors to the public.
Royal fans can tour the 19th Century property and see the Queen Mother's collection of art and furniture, much of which remains in its original place.

Clarence House was built at a cost of £22,232 in the 1820s for the Duke of Clarence, who later lived there as King William IV.

Now, it is the official London residence of the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Princes William and Harry.

how cool, hope someone goes and reports back what it was like. i'm not sure i'd like tourists trooping through my living room all the time.

msleiman said:
#

I think you were talking about the comments I made.The comments of which i still steadfastly stand by!

bbb said:
...Now, it is the official London residence of the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Princes William and Harry.

how cool, hope someone goes and reports back what it was like. i'm not sure i'd like tourists trooping through my living room all the time.

I would certainly think that the family's private living spaces are off limits. I hope so. :)

bbb said:
Clarence House, the Queen Mother's home for almost 50 years and now the official residence of Prince Charles, is to open its doors to the public.
As only five rooms are actually open I doubt very much that people would actually be in their living rooms.

At Sandringham it is possible to go through the living room but the really private rooms are definitely off limits.

In the other homes it is the State rooms that are open and not the private quarters at all - just as it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall during the Mey Highland games in Caithness, UK, on August 5, 2006."

The pic of Camilla holding the flowers is really nice in my eyes :flowers: :)

23r9xl5.jpg
23ra06u.jpg
23ra29t.jpg
23ra2rr.jpg

(abacapress)

Mey Highland Games - pictures from getty:

Attachments

• 71591467.jpg
    71591467.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 71591473.jpg
    71591473.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 71591480.jpg
    71591480.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 71591509.jpg
    71591509.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 71591512.jpg
    71591512.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 137
  • 71591513.jpg
    71591513.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 126
  • 71591609.jpg
    71591609.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 71591610.jpg
    71591610.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 153
  • 71591613.jpg
    71591613.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 71591464.jpg
    71591464.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 143
Mey Highland Games - the rest from getty

Attachments

• 71592076.jpg
    71592076.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 71591755.jpg
    71591755.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 71591751.jpg
    71591751.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 71591750.jpg
    71591750.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 71591736.jpg
    71591736.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 71591620.jpg
    71591620.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 126
  • 71591619.jpg
    71591619.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 71591618.jpg
    71591618.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 71591617.jpg
    71591617.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 71591615.jpg
    71591615.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 121
What a delightful series of pictures. Thank you so much for posting them, Iceflower and AgnesK. I can smell those sweet peas myself looking at that lovely photo of Camilla and the flowers.

ETA I'd love to read a transcript of the conversation about Charles' sporran. :D

They look very happy it is nice to see.:)

Simply gorgeous pictures. There is no doubt in my mind that they are very happy together. It almost looks as though Prince Charles has dozed off in one of the pictures (4th picture top row from AgnesK)

Thank you very much for images AgnesK and Iceflower! They are simply lovely.
I Think Charles and Camilla had a really great time. they are so in love!

TRH always seem to love being up in the Highlands. It seems to bring out the fun and the love between them.

Makes me smile to watch the fun between them. Yes BeatrixFan, you´re right, the highlands let out the love they share.:wub: Did Charles want to steal her handbag?:ROFLMAO:

Lovely Duchess of Cornwall with flowers and it is perceft photo on Duchess Camilla of Cornwall!!! They is love and happy!!!

Awww what lovely pics:wub: ...thanks for posting them!:flowers: At first i didn't know what they were talking about and just saw Camilla's eyes wandering to Charles' crotch and was like :ohmy: :ROFLMAO: !!They're soooo cute together though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom