Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 16: July-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for goodness sake, the press really are clutching at straws now. She isn't good on boats, so what, she kissed Charles before leaving and most women wouldn't have done that if they had had a row! :rolleyes:

The Pentland Firth can be calm one minute and very rough the next and we all know how accurate the weather forecasters are.

Last edited:
And beside that the trip came to an end and all members of BRF were leaving the boat. Only Charles stayed because of approaching engagements.

Some pics from boarding the "Hebridean princess" on July 26th in Kyle of Lochalsh

lochalsh.com

How I regret leaving the Kyle now....

I am the first person to admit we only have half a story at best so...But am I the only person who finds the story that Camilla isn't good on boats slightly odd? She and Charles have gone on a number of cruises when Charles has borrowed a yacht over the years.And about a month after they were married Charles did his Greek Monastery and Camilla and her friends stayed on a small yacht off the coast of the monastery. This is literally the first I have heard Camilla isn't good on boats.

Beatrixfan what's the Kyle?

Camilla looks very nice.

wonderful pictures!

cde said:
I am the first person to admit we only have half a story at best so...But am I the only person who finds the story that Camilla isn't good on boats slightly odd? She and Charles have gone on a number of cruises when Charles has borrowed a yacht over the years.And about a month after they were married Charles did his Greek Monastery and Camilla and her friends stayed on a small yacht off the coast of the monastery. This is literally the first I have heard Camilla isn't good on boats.

I am surprised to learn Camilla having sea sick as well. But Daily Mail mentioned that the waves during some area was very rough and this could be the cause. My father was sea sick once he was in NZ because the waves were too rough for him to handle. Anyway, I just give my best wishes to Charles and Camilla and try to dismiss what the papers say until the official news.

I doubt that Camilla has sea sickness. There is no reason to believe that. Like cde said, C+C borrowed a yacht over years. And the paper stories are pure fiction, the trip ended and that was it. There was no earlier leaving and very probably no row.

cde said:
This is literally the first I have heard Camilla isn't good on boats.

The Pentland Firth is notoriously rough and Camilla had prior engagements in the South, it was hardly news as it had already been announced that she would travel back to London and fly to Scotland later. We don't know whether she is or isn't good on boats but, so what.

The Kyle is the Kyle of Lochalsh, this side of mainland Scotland that you used to get the ferry to Skye from. It is just a little port. :)

Lovely pictures Hornsen!I think Camilla looks so fresh and wonderful in them!:D

As Skydragon said. I used to live up there in a small place called Plockton where the Hebridean used to dock on each cruise.

I see the press STILL compare Diana and Camilla and everything Camilla does is likened to Diana.They are two separate people and in my opinion,Camilla is by far the better woman.
Kiss30.jpg

Well, this actually appeared first in the Daily Mail so The Royalist are just reproducing it as part of their anti-Camilla campaign. I have to say that this was always going to happen and photographs only show what they want them to show but it's nice seeing Charles and Camilla kissing. It shows how much in love they really are and shuts up the James Whittaker mob. But I still think it's a private thing.

They will always be compared. Diana was and will forever be Charles first wife and the mother of William and Harry. Better get used to her being mentioned over and over again. Just think about how often other now deceased royals are discussed on these boards. Diana is part of royal history.

Well, I don't think that's quite true but I'll leave it there for off-topic's sake.

Yeah i disagree with that point too,but i won't get dragged into that sort of debate.

I agree its lovely to see them kissing and showing PDA.Are there only now three pictures of them kissing in public?:confused: A polo match at cirencester,their first public kiss and the one above?

The kiss between Charles and Camilla was sweet. If he hadnt of kissed her people who have said something was wrong between them and because they did Diana is mentioned again. They cant win what ever they do. But I thought the kiss was very awwww.

amy0411 said:
The kiss between Charles and Camilla was sweet. If he hadnt of kissed her people who have said something was wrong between them and because they did Diana is mentioned again. They cant win what ever they do. But I thought the kiss was very awwww.

i know.They always seem to be in a no win situation.I agree though the kiss was too cute!:)

Oh you can bet your life some analyst on an 8 figure salary is picking apart every part of this photograph, trying to convince viewers of Richard and Judy that her hand there means this and his eyes mean this and......it's a kiss! It's a kiss and that's all there is to it. Why do people have to always try and find something wrong?

BeatrixFan said:
Oh you can bet your life some analyst on an 8 figure salary is picking apart every part of this photograph, trying to convince viewers of Richard and Judy that her hand there means this and his eyes mean this and......it's a kiss! It's a kiss and that's all there is to it. Why do people have to always try and find something wrong?

I know.They are a loving,married couple who are both affectionate anyway.There is no need for the kiss to be analysed...as you said it's just an ordinary kiss between two people who are desperately in love!:D

But its a very affectionatly kiss.:wub: You don´t kiss someone with open mouth, if you are not in love. If its a formal or only friendly kiss, you shut your mouth

hayz64 said:
I see the press STILL compare Diana and Camilla and everything Camilla does is likened to Diana.They are two separate people and in my opinion,Camilla is by far the better woman.
Charles and Camilla seem totally away with the moment, unlike the other kiss, where Charles looks somewhat reluctant.:cool:

grevinnan said:
They will always be compared.
Only by some who forget that she was his deceased EX wife. As everyone else has said, we have no need to defend Camilla, his very loved and loving wife. :rolleyes: :bash:

Here Here! (or Hear Hear)

BeatrixFan said:

The interesting thing for me is that one kiss was between a new husband and his virgin wife (chaste indeed!) while the other one was between two people who have shared more than one kiss in private (LOL!). How can someone get the idea to compare these kisses! It's absurd, there's no other word for it.

But I like it, I absolutely like how Charles and Camilla slowly introduce the public to their affection - I mean, Queen Mum probably spins in her grave while the queen eventually subpressed a little smile when she saw the kiss either directly or its pic in the paper. But isn't it so nice to see other people happy? I wish there were more news like that... (thinking about the reality of this world...)

Oh I don't think the Queen Mother would be spinning. She loved Charles so much that she'd be happy for him and she got on well with Camilla when she met. Apparantly, the only thing the Queen Mother ever said on the issue was, "Charles needs to make a decision", so I think she'd be happy that he finally made it and stood up for himself. He was so devoted to her and she to him that I think anything he did the Queen Mother would be happy about. And we know that she didn't like Di. But you're right Jo, to compare the two kisses is ridiculous. I remember The Sun headline the day after they married which was "Why won't he give her one?.....A kiss that is" and I remember thinking then, what so you can run that balcony pic?

BeatrixFan said:

Because it sells more newspapers.

There seems to be only one picture of them kissing are there any more?

Elspeth said:
Because it sells more newspapers.

I don't think it actually sells more papers. I don't even think readers want to read stuff that has neither news in it nor is pleasant to read.

But probably each tabloid has an editor who is specialized in the Royal topic who needs to defend his position in the editing department by presenting stories. I mean: such an editor cost money. He needs to be in constant contact with picture agencies and "sources" of all kind so not to miss it if something is really happening. And contact is not enough: in order to be the first to be offered interesting news and pictures he has to be a constant buyer - even if he can't buy anything substancial other that a picture of Kate Middleton at a bus stop. So this costs additional money - forcing the editor to present something printable, no matter what.

It's more like an industry - not much different from the car manufactureres who have to support their suppliers even in bad years to make sure the still exist when their products are in more demand. The art of the managers and of the editors is to balance their spending: to make sure their supporting of their back-up network is not costing too much.

Plus in the daily conferences of the editing department of a tabloid surely each editor has to present something worth printing in order to protect his position from younger collegues who surely believe they can do the job better than he. All that force the "Royal" editors into a race they can't win - and neither can the Royals.

But that's how it is - but IMHo it has not much to do with the readers wishing to read such ridiculous comparisons of the way a man has kissed as young groom and 25 years later as an experienced husband....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom