Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: April 2006-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she looks lovely in the yellow, its a beautiful necklace has anyone seen it before? it looks perfect with the dress.
thank you for the photos and enjoyed the articles

To me she looks the same old Camilla (no airbrushing I taught :rolleyes: )

From BBC News (clic on the image)

The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay on the Gaelic Alphabet Walk whilst visiting the Resipole Studios and the Sunart Oakwood initiative in Acharacle, Argyle. Abaca

Thanks for the gorgeus pictures, Skydragon!!!! Thanks a LOT!!! :) :)

bbb said:
she looks lovely in the yellow, its a beautiful necklace has anyone seen it before? it looks perfect with the dress.
thank you for the photos and enjoyed the articles

She always wears it with that lovely dress. But I don´t know her bracelet.

Very very lovely pics, Skydragon! To watch them brings a smile on my face...:rolleyes:

Thankyou skydragon. I just love to see them so happy :D

Forbidden Isle welcomes prince

THE island once dubbed the Forbidden Isle welcomed Prince Charles yesterday.
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=814452006

Royals hoping to restore Rum castle

The Prince of Wales visited a crumbling castle on a remote Scottish island to hear details of an £8 million conservation programme.
http://icdunbartonshire.icnetwork.co.uk/othernews/news/tm_objectid=17163723&method=full&siteid=78846&headline=royals-hoping-to-restore-rum-castle-name_page.html

As you can imagine, it was absolutely crowded! :D

Charles and Camilla tour the Stewartry

PRINCE Charles and wife Camilla made a quick tour of the Stewartry on Tuesday as part of their three-day tour of Scotland.
http://www.gallowaygazette.com/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=2625&ArticleID=1541204

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for the photos and enjoyed the articles.

Lovely photo. Camilla looks so much like her daughter Laura i think. :)

love_cc said:
Some people question the validity of their marriage again.
Two Law Lords having a difference of legal opinion, a decade apart. It's not the first time lawyers have disagreed and it won't be the last. If anyone is seriously concerned at the marriage's legality, they are free to mount a court challenge. Despite the empty threats made at the time of the wedding by members of "The Diana Circle", no-one has.

love_cc said:
How could this happen again? Some bad news for Prince Charles and Camilla. Some people question the validity of their marriage again.
who cares what they think? they are married now and their marriage is widely accepted. i don't think some arguments concerning past documents is gonna make their marriage invalid. things change, laws can change. these arguments can not change the fact that they are married and they are happy. i doubt these arguments will do any real damage to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal auction raises £100,000 to help ex-services homeless find work

A charity auction on 25 May, attended by HRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, has raised in excess of £100,000 for 'Project Compass', the Business Action on Homelessness programme, which helps homeless ex-services personnel re-adjust to civilian life and find sustained employment.

http://www.bitc.org.uk/news/news_directory/pc_auction.html

Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attend a reception for the National Osteoporosis Society, of which the Duchess is President, at Clarence House on June 8, 2006 in London

from getty

Attachments

• 71165678.jpg
    71165678.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 71165682.jpg
    71165682.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 71165686.jpg
    71165686.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 146
Thanks, fanletizia. I waited for these pics. I´m glad Camilla took part at the reception and wasn´t to bad. She is very professionally.

Why don´t they leave them alone? Why they are so much against the marriage? Charles is so much happier and easier now and Camilla, too. Isn´t it good for all? And the goverment did give the agreement, didn´t they? The church gave the blessing, where is the problem? :confused:

Hopefully this won't turn into a even bigger thing.:( God forbid anyone takes it to court.

Why didn't they just get married in Scotland? Nobody questions Anne's second marriage.

Does anybody know the history/significance of Camilla's bracelet? I know an article from Hello magazine in 1997 had an article on it, sadly I can't find it online and I lost the ebay auction.

The British public have a rightful interest in the marital status of their future sovereign.

Civil marriages were introduced in England by the Marriage Act 1836. Section 45 said that the act "shall not extend to the marriage of any of the Royal Family". The provisions on civil marriage in the 1836 act were repealed by the Marriage Act 1949.

The whole point is that a clause in the 1949 Marriage Act states: "Nothing in this act shall affect any law or custom relating to the marriage of members of the royal family." Laws or customs relating to marriages of the Royal Family were unaffected.

If The Church of England recognizes and blesses civil marriages of divorcees, the problem lies with Camilla's former husband still alive and with Charles being the future King.

Marriage in Scotland could have been a solution, but may not be recognized in England and Wales. Charles IS The Prince of Wales and The future King of England.

IMO Charles will do everything possible to defend his marriage. It´s his/their human right! Much worther is a king with a mistress. And if the marriage should be illegal, he won´t hide Camilla anymore. They will go on like yet .And that´s right. And he should not renounce the throne. You can´t expect William the reign now. He is a young man, he has the right to live his life!

The royals are above human rights, they have theirs owns.

Last edited:
The passage from the 1949 Act (“Nothing in this Act shall affect any law or custom relating to the marriage of members of the Royal Family”) logically cannot preserve a ban that never existed and plainly does not refer back to the 1836 Act since the latter was not “a law, relating to the marriage of members of the Royal Family.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
The passage from the 1949 Act (“Nothing in this Act shall affect any law or custom relating to the marriage of members of the Royal Family”) logically cannot preserve a ban that never existed, and plainly does not refer back to the 1836 Act since the latter was not “a law . . . relating to the marriage of members of the Royal Family.

Presicely! :)
All this talks emerged again from the lack of news, imo. They can't do anything, can they? Prince Charles and Camilla have already married and nothing they do or say will change that.

In 1836 it was specifically stated that the provisions of the Act did not apply to royal marriages. The 1949 Act was less specific, but in the post-war period, three royals—Princess Margaret, the Earl of Harewood and Prince Michael of Kent—have been told they could not marry divorced people and the Act did not permit them to marry in a civil ceremony. No member of the royal family has ever contracted a civil marriage in Britain.

On this occasion, the Lord Chancellor, Lord Falconer, overturned all precedent and declared that it was legal for Charles to marry in a civil ceremony under the 1949 Marriage Act. When this was challenged by leading constitutional lawyers, family law experts and former Attorney General Sir Nicholas Lyell, Falconer appealed to the recently enacted Human Rights Act which guarantees all British citizens the right to a family life.

Ironically, it is a law that Charles, in a letter to the previous Lord Chancellor, denounced as “a threat to sane, civilised and ordered existence,” and which the government itself has set aside when the rights of asylum seekers and terror suspects were concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom