Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: March-April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TRH Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwallattend an Observance for Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey on March 13, 2006 in London, England. The Royal couple will then proceed to 2006 Commonwealth Day reception at Marlborough House, Pall Mall following the serv

from getty

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 474
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 302
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 205
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
A lovely new suit and hat. Looks fantastic.

BeatrixFan said:
A lovely new suit and hat. Looks fantastic.

Im sure we have seen that navy suit before?? when i saw the pics i thought it was Charles with the new and (much needed) suit. I am probably wrong, im having a day of making mistakes. :confused:

In the red suit the necklace HRH is wearing looks like it has new stones added or it could just be turned around but it looks different from when she wore it in the US last year.

Wow, the Duchess looks superb at the Commonwealth Day service! So elegant, refined and lovely. And she looks great in red as well. Thanks for all the nice pictures!

GrandDuchess said:
Wow, the Duchess looks superb at the Commonwealth Day service! So elegant, refined and lovely. And she looks great in red as well. Thanks for all the nice pictures!

Always a pleasure..I keep saying it :eek:

Yes, MOLEY, you`re right. The navy suit she wore before at White House to lunch and at the gala at The Prince`s Trust. But very nice with that new hat. What was happened to her at this last pictures? She looks scary.

I think she sneezed. Or maybe something was sad and she was crying. It is an old suit - the hat is new though.

Yay! A new hat for Camilla! And a pretty one, I really like it! :)

BeatrixFan said:
I think she sneezed. Or maybe something was sad and she was crying. It is an old suit - the hat is new though.

From the Prince's website:

"... The Prince and The Duchess were treated to a spectacular display of traditional Nihang swordsmanship, a traditional Sikh martial art known as Gatka, which dates from the early 17th Century.
Experts in the art from the group Baba Fateh Singh Gatka Akhara, from Leyton, East London, performed feats of high-speed, fake combat with traditional weapons including huge scimitar swords.
During the display the leader of the group, Uptej Sing, was blindfolded as he sliced pieces of fruit being held by fellow members of the group.
In a baffling display of skill, Mr Singh, an IT engineer, executed a perfect slice of a watermelon resting on the stomach of another man. ..."

Maybe this was a scary sight ;)

Ah, yes. Thanks, Gladys. I`ve read something in a description on a Getty picture yet. That`s it.

Nice hat. I like the suit Im glad she wore it again. I like the three strand pearl without a stone that she wore at the Commonwealth service. The butterfly brooch is pretty too.

You can tell by the pic that she is terrifyed and a bit uneasy.

the duchess is looking superb, she did it again. the elegance of this woman is definetely not comparable to many others.

i want every hat she has! aren't they lovely? i thought the one in ascot was wonderful, but she certainly keeps surprising me with beautiful new models. who designs her hats appart from phillip treacy?

Charles & Camilla Observe Commonwealth Day - source Getty Images
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles of Wales talk to guests on March 13, 2006 in London, England

Attachments

• 57072851.jpg
    57072851.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 57072852.jpg
    57072852.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 57072853.jpg
    57072853.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 57072854.jpg
    57072854.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 206
Avalon said:
Thanks for the article! The first 2 odds are more or less possible (quite possible, I suppose) but the third one... I would offer more then 33-1 for it! :)

I think that there is a good way to make money for Prince's Trust for example ;) Charles should think about it :D

AgnesK said:
I think that there is a good way to make money for Prince's Trust for example ;) Charles should think about it :D

Perhaps he has already got people to place bets for him! :D

I`m sorry, but I don`t know about this Gold Cup? Why they could kiss each other? What event is this?

AgnesK said:
There is the page about the event:
http://www.cheltenham.co.uk/

I still don't have a clue why this should be an occasion at which Charles and Camilla would kiss ... :confused: She will hand the prizes, smile, look great while doing this and that's it I suppose.

Gladys said:
I still don't have a clue why this should be an occasion at which Charles and Camilla would kiss ...
The same with me. Could someone explain the bet? Is a kiss a tradition or is it time for a new kiss-photo of the couple?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gladys said:
I still don't have a clue why this should be an occasion at which Charles and Camilla would kiss ... :confused: She will hand the prizes, smile, look great while doing this and that's it I suppose.

It probably isn't but, I think they are hoping that Charles has a bet on a horse, gets excited and kisses Camilla in public. :) :rolleyes:

hornsen said:
Could someone explain the bet? Is a kiss a tradition or is it time for a new kiss-photo of the couple?

It is not a tradition, they want them to kiss in public so that they can get a good photo and out sell their rivals! Just like the Sun, pathetic!:rolleyes:

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall attends today the Cheltenham Festival
Uk Press, Getty, Profimedia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom